• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Black Diamond [v0.7f] [Deus Actum]

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
This is a surprisingly underrated game(looking at views/ratings/likes). I know Fem mc games don't have much hype but looking at JOHN & AWAM hype you would assume there are more fem mc lovers. However, they might be hurt due to AWAM & JOHN devs and their release schedules.
More FMC lovers exist, they simply don't bother with this game. If you want proof look at how many FMC games came after BD that have amassed big following, just to name a few examples, A Perfect Marriage, Mrs Denvers, anything made by AfterChoices, Steps of Debauchery, The Pilgrimage, The copycat, Blessing of Goddess, Village Slut Transformation, Shadows of Deception, Alice: A Hard Life, Corrupted Hearts, and many many many more. This alone proves that FMC fans are choosing not to support BD so the most probable logical conclusion is that the game's just bad and NOT underrated. Combine it with long waiting times between updates and you got a recipe for failure. The game's never gonna be finished and dev will likely abandon it sooner or later.

EveKeller

Jan 8, 2020
This alone proves that FMC fans are choosing not to support BD so the most probable logical conclusion is that the game's just bad and NOT underrated.
or that my wallet is not infinite and I can't support every game that I like. I'm sure other people are in similar situation.
I do like this game and I really hope they will continue developing it.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
More FMC lovers exist, they simply don't bother with this game. If you want proof look at how many FMC games came after BD that have amassed big following, just to name a few examples, A Perfect Marriage, Mrs Denvers, anything made by AfterChoices, Steps of Debauchery, The Pilgrimage, The copycat, Blessing of Goddess, Village Slut Transformation, Shadows of Deception, Alice: A Hard Life, Corrupted Hearts, and many many many more. This alone proves that FMC fans are choosing not to support BD so the most probable logical conclusion is that the game's just bad and NOT underrated. Combine it with long waiting times between updates and you got a recipe for failure. The game's never gonna be finished and dev will likely abandon it sooner or later.
Some of the examples are not good. The copycat is male protag first but also has some choices for a female protag. Afterchoices was there before this game and it may have "big" following but not a lot of supporters.

But let's say you're right and other games appearing after BD have more followers. It happens, not every game attracts lots of people, at equal quality. It depends on when it's released, and there is a bit of luck too in this.

Though that said, the first few releases of BD were not that good and people might have put the game on ignore. It might gain traction later, but not at the actual update pace with 1 or 2 small ones per year.

Mihawkgod

Oct 5, 2019
Man dropped a list lmaoooooo. I ain't play all of them so i can't really say much....and even tho the development is defo slow...still a fun story with cool renders. I am fine with it. if it's abandoned well what can we do, if it keeps going we good lol

Reactions: JustAUser89

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
or that my wallet is not infinite and I can't support every game that I like. I'm sure other people are in similar situation.
I do like this game and I really hope they will continue developing it.
'Amassed following' doesn't necessarily equate financial support. It could be more about discussions, fan art and so on that other threads have. Perhaps should had worded it better had I known it'd make kids so mad they spam the angry emote lol. One dude wondered why the game flies under the radar and I'm only giving a possible reason why BD has no traction and followers, not to be confused with financial supporters. But sure, let's punch the guy who's been supporting this game from the very beginning smh

Some of the examples are not good. The copycat is male protag first but also has some choices for a female protag. Afterchoices was there before this game and it may have "big" following but not a lot of supporters.

But let's say you're right and other games appearing after BD have more followers. It happens, not every game attracts lots of people, at equal quality. It depends on when it's released, and there is a bit of luck too in this.

Though that said, the first few releases of BD were not that good and people might have put the game on ignore. It might gain traction later, but not at the actual update pace with 1 or 2 small ones per year.
Sure not best examples, only wrote what I remembered. However, my point still stands as valid until I'm proven wrong.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I hope it's not. It's a very cute game. I particularly liked the long discussions between the MC and her blonde friend who has always been in love with her. It's a very delicate way to approach another level of relationship. Feelings and understanding first, sex afterwards :) It's not very common around here.
[Edit] Sorry, I was replying to goggoy

Reactions: damnedfrog

SexyShelly

Jul 22, 2023
I hope it's not. It's a very cute game. I particularly liked the long discussions between the MC and her blonde friend who has always been in love with her. It's a very delicate way to approach another level of relationship. Feelings and understanding first, sex afterwards :) It's not very common around here.
[Edit] Sorry, I was replying to goggoy
it's not abandoned, the dev is going to post an update post on discord and on Patreon as soon as the next update is close to finish

EveKeller

Jan 8, 2020
'Amassed following' doesn't necessarily equate financial support. It could be more about discussions, fan art and so on that other threads have. Perhaps should had worded it better had I known it'd make kids so mad they spam the angry emote lol. One dude wondered why the game flies under the radar and I'm only giving a possible reason why BD has no traction and followers, not to be confused with financial supporters. But sure, let's punch the guy who's been supporting this game from the very beginning smh
The guy who's been supporting this game from the very beginning said :
This alone proves that FMC fans are choosing not to support BD so the most probable logical conclusion is that the game's just bad and NOT underrated.
with supporter like that.... :ROFLMAO:

And this "kid" (I could be your mom) did use the angry emoji, the facepalm have been remove.

Popularity have nothing to do if something is good or not.

Now, I will help you, the most probable logical conclusion ([Edit] that the support is low is because) there is no regular update and to a lesser degree not enough people did try the game recently, as dolfe67 point out the first release was a mess

Last edited:

JustAUser89

Jun 11, 2018
The guy who's been supporting this game from the very beginning said :

with supporter like that.... :ROFLMAO:

And this "kid" (I could be your mom) did use the angry emoji, the facepalm have been remove.

Popularity have nothing to do if something is good or not.

Now, I will help you, the most probable logical conclusion ([Edit] that the support is low is because) there is no regular update and to a lesser degree not enough people did try the game recently, as dolfe67 point out the first release was a mess
Never did I say I find the game bad, but that it might be a possible reason for BD's lesser popularity among the other games. The idea is hard to prove, and the same goes for your theory. You don't have stats to prove your 'not enough people tried the game recently.' statement. Blaming only two releases doesn't make sense when there have been six more since, including v0.2.1. People had time and content, but the thread is still inactive with posts like 'when's the next update?' and 'abandoned?'. Fans of straight content almost raised hell over how ridiculously low the amount of males is.

Your assertive statement, "Popularity has nothing to do if something is good or not." is inaccurate and contradicts your chosen terminology because popularity is a mirror reflecting where value meets the masses. Considering how small, in terms of products the market of adult games is, especially that of the FMC genre, the masses see no value. Were your statement held true, then using Apple as an example, they would not sell a single phone unless the quality met the standards set by their marketing. I'm not drawing a direct market comparison, rather, I offer this example to illustrate my perspective.

Regarding my contributions as a supporter, check my post history, and you'll notice that I've promoted BD on various threads, shared news, and leaked a couple of game versions here, which in fact, have brought more subscribers to his Patreon. Just so you know, I would create fan art as well, as I do in the AWAM fan art thread from time to time, and helped promote the game here. But I can't because Deus doesn't share his .duf files. All of this is more than what you've done, judging me for having a different opinion when you certainly don't know me. But according to you, it's laughable to offer a different opinion but admirable to use someone else's answer as your own to back up your claims.

You saw the angry emote and still pressed it, even though it's not a facepalm anymore and this says a lot... However, in the risk of getting thread banned, I'll leave it at that. I've given my two cents and am moving on. You all can continue to spam the angry emote and see if that changes anything smh. Peace out.

DanteDamonic

Apr 1, 2023
Never did I say I find the game bad, but that it might be a possible reason for BD's lesser popularity among the other games. The idea is hard to prove, and the same goes for your theory. You don't have stats to prove your 'not enough people tried the game recently.' statement. Blaming only two releases doesn't make sense when there have been six more since, including v0.2.1. People had time and content, but the thread is still inactive with posts like 'when's the next update?' and 'abandoned?'. Fans of straight content almost raised hell over how ridiculously low the amount of males is.

Your assertive statement, "Popularity has nothing to do if something is good or not." is inaccurate and contradicts your chosen terminology because popularity is a mirror reflecting where value meets the masses. Considering how small, in terms of products the market of adult games is, especially that of the FMC genre, the masses see no value. Were your statement held true, then using Apple as an example, they would not sell a single phone unless the quality met the standards set by their marketing. I'm not drawing a direct market comparison, rather, I offer this example to illustrate my perspective.

Regarding my contributions as a supporter, check my post history, and you'll notice that I've promoted BD on various threads, shared news, and leaked a couple of game versions here, which in fact, have brought more subscribers to his Patreon. Just so you know, I would create fan art as well, as I do in the AWAM fan art thread from time to time, and helped promote the game here. But I can't because Deus doesn't share his .duf files. All of this is more than what you've done, judging me for having a different opinion when you certainly don't know me. But according to you, it's laughable to offer a different opinion but admirable to use someone else's answer as your own to back up your claims.

You saw the angry emote and still pressed it, even though it's not a facepalm anymore and this says a lot... However, in the risk of getting thread banned, I'll leave it at that. I've given my two cents and am moving on. You all can continue to spam the angry emote and see if that changes anything smh. Peace out.
Respect

SexyShelly

Jul 22, 2023
Well, I made many profile sigs for other games, about time I did some for Black Diamond

Animated Profile Signature
BD.gif
To Add a Profile Signature to your own profile

Step 1 - Right Click on any above photo and select Copy Image Address
Step 2 - Click on your name top right
Step 3 - Click on Signature
Step 4 - Click on Photo Icon and Paste image address
Step 5 - Click on Photo again within your signature and select Add Link
Step 6 - Simply Copy & Paste this following link within that box https://f95zone.to/threads/black-diamond-v0-7f-deus-actum.117936/
Step 7 - Click on Save and your profile signature will be added perfectly on your profile

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well I guess that's something... but I don't like the fact that he's not communicating on patreon, where people are actually paying to support this project.
Yes. Not everyone is on discord. Personally if a creator I support didn't post a single message on patreon (or SS) in a month, I just unsub. It doesn't take much time to do it, even not saying much just you're still working on it. Too many of them just stop communicating when they abandon their project and milk for months or years.

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes