3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Hey FeyRing, a suggestion:

The farming as implemented is... not enjoyable to do. Mainly it's awkward to plant things, especially if you're planting more than one of an item at a time. I've given it some thought, and perhaps, in addition to the current method, you should:

Change the moss by the house to tilled rows. At the end of each of these rows is a sign... for convenience sake make the sign so that you can walk through it, but if you stand in front of it and hit interact it will bring up some options. So, if the user interacts with the sign, it gives them the option to plant a whole row with a seed if the player has x number of seeds in their inventory, where x is the length of squares of the row (for simplicity maybe make the rows the same distance). That's why you switch the graphic to tilled rows so they can see what the sign is affecting. This makes it easier to plant a row of one kind of plant, and then they can water and harvest and whatever.

Planting is just particularly bothersome because you have to dig into the menus so much, unless you hotbar it or something. This would help alleviate that. Now, if you want you could still leave in the current system, and in the tutorial or whatever explain that they can either plant individual plots by going into the menu, or plant whole rows by interacting with the sign. This also gives value to acquiring multiple plots across villages... where as I wouldn't want to bother with farming that many plots before, this helps simplify it.

Not familiar with this particular engine, but I imagine it can be done, and being it's a static area interaction that means it should be easily copied or hopefully easily implemented. If possible, I'd have the sign detect qualifying row-planting seeds (i.e. it lists all the seeds that have a quantity of x or more that qualify for row planting). Either the row planting would have to detect if something is already planted in the row, or it would have to override and destroy everything planted in the row (i.e. from single planting).

I have some other ideas... but the gist of it is the inventory menu is a mess to deal with if the item you're looking for isn't in the first or last category.

Been putting a lot of hours into the game otherwise... I think it shows a lot of promise. Thanks for the hard work :).

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
unless you hotbar it or something.
That's the idea. Assign a key to the seed you want to focus on rn, it'll ease the process tremendously.
Not familiar with this particular engine, but I imagine it can be done, and being it's a static area interaction that means it should be easily copied or hopefully easily implemented. If possible, I'd have the sign detect qualifying row-planting seeds (i.e. it lists all the seeds that have a quantity of x or more that qualify for row planting). Either the row planting would have to detect if something is already planted in the row, or it would have to override and destroy everything planted in the row (i.e. from single planting).
So complicated :ROFLMAO: There's a much simpler way: simply allow MC to "lock" a tile for a given seed. Locking a tile like this, would allow you to use a "sow again?" pop-up when you harvest the tile - provided you have the seeds in stock.

Long time I haven't checked on the game, so it might be implemented already, but allowing to hotkey a whole category - like 'seeds' or 'tools'- would be also helpful, to ease the menu x menu x menu moments.

alber123

Feb 2, 2020
Hello, you can ask (several questions have accumulated)

1) what does a wedding give?

2) I had powerful sorcery, but after the loss from the girl slisnya, the magic became weaker? what to do.

3) What are the effects of fetishes and what happens if you recruit them all from all the monster girls?

2) how to read the obelisk?

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
That's the idea. Assign a key to the seed you want to focus on rn, it'll ease the process tremendously.

So complicated :ROFLMAO: There's a much simpler way: simply allow MC to "lock" a tile for a given seed. Locking a tile like this, would allow you to use a "sow again?" pop-up when you harvest the tile - provided you have the seeds in stock.

Long time I haven't checked on the game, so it might be implemented already, but allowing to hotkey a whole category - like 'seeds' or 'tools'- would be also helpful, to ease the menu x menu x menu moments.
Yeah I'm just not keen on having the hotbar filled with stuff that's only used in one area. I don't want to stare at hotbar seeds in the rest of the game world, hence why I thought having a location-based solution was better, since if you can only plant in a particular location, then it's probably better as an interactable object in that location to manage it.

The proposal I gave earlier was based on a couple of things...
It's basically an item with a dialogue box that controls the states of a pre-determined set of tiles, and the interaction would only take 2 or 3 clicks + scrolling by the user (1 click to open dialog, scroll to select qualifying seeds, 1 click to select, Maaaaaaybe 1 click to confirm) and then the row would be planted. This means that, in theory, however the current engine works, it's simple to create and implement. If it also filtered only qualifying seeds (meets minimum number of seeds while also those that qualify for planting in that soil), then it should be easy to use for the player also.

I like the sow-again thing you suggest, there's a lot of cases where I'd be changing the crop? The dev of this game is encouraging the player to grow a variety of food with the gluttony mechanic. To get any decent healing out of food you need to craft higher tier items with complex ingredient chains. So then you want a variety of high tier foods with complex ingredient chains, which multiplies the variety of plants you should be planting. With the current farmable soil available, that means you need to switch out crops often to get all the ingredients. Of course, it'd be simpler if we could upgrade the amount of farmable soil available.

I also think to some degree the dev wants some interactable bits with the farming... so my main thing is that the interaction of planting every seed (without hotbar, and against I don't want too stare at seeds on my hotbar) is not fun, mainly because of the menus being full of a bunch of other stuff.

I also like your hotkeying a whole category of items thing too, because you the menu is obtuse to deal with since there's so many items.

That's how I was looking at it anyway.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
The proposal I gave earlier was based on a couple of things...
It's basically an item with a dialogue box that controls the states of a pre-determined set of tiles, and the interaction would only take 2 or 3 clicks + scrolling by the user (1 click to open dialog, scroll to select qualifying seeds, 1 click to select, Maaaaaaybe 1 click to confirm) and then the row would be planted. This means that, in theory, however the current engine works, it's simple to create and implement. If it also filtered only qualifying seeds (meets minimum number of seeds while also those that qualify for planting in that soil), then it should be easy to use for the player also.
I get it. Something like a seed dispenser, or an auto planter. Or a signpost to lock in/out seed types.
There are some issues with the principle, though:
- RPGM ain't convenient to create interactions between the events on different tiles. You'd need good code, and:
- RPGM sucks struggles with heavy maps with a bunch of big events - which is what the homestead is.
- conceptually, that'd stray further from the Harvest Moon spirit: keep close to the soil and do almost everything yourself
Not saying the idea is bad in any way. But difficult to properly implement.

Consider working your fields in other ways. It's been over a year, but I used to rotate crops a lot. The left side, I'd use for mass planting the same seed I need lots of (like flax), the center was a potpourri of various crops (1-3 of each max) I'd replace to have a small miscellanous stock. Either way whatever I mass planted on the left side, already had me getting to the 99 limit in 1-2 harvests. I couldn't water a thing since I had no access left, so I'd savescum most nights for rain :sneaky:.
I'm a HM and Rune Factory vet, finished all o' them (except the spinoffs), so that probably helped with efficiency.

I also used to save and delete my hotkeys when I was done for the day's farming, then load them the day after. But I'm not sure that's canon or was one of my mods. I think you could also hide the hotkey icons, so they don't hurt your eyes? They hurt mine too :LOL:

Reactions: DudePersonA
Jan 4, 2019
Could someone explain to me why this game that has been going on for more than two years after its first release has so little content.

Thanks in advance.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Could someone explain to me why this game that has been going on for more than two years after its first release has so little content?
No.
Or you could read my old posts, or others', and the dev's of course, and forge your own opinion - which will be much more solid, than what either naysayers or fanbois will tell you to believe; same goes for most threads in here.

It's all up to the dev, and they're well-aware the game won't come out this decade with a 1-person team. That's the reason why I don't come here often, and why I try (if anything) to sound encouraging when I do. It's not like they've been lazy and/or overpaid.

Last edited:

JulinePiccard

Nov 24, 2019
The changelog is easily accessible in the OP and you should probably read it before posting.
The dev wrote about a poll once for the community to vote on whatever it was. When i looked for it there wasn't a trace of it and the developer didn't respond when i asked about it. It's unlikely to be an update with new content or bug fixes.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 29 Votes