Ren'Py Abandoned Black Rabbit Trainer [v0.4.0] [Jellyfluff Games]

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Sadly Rean is dead. Also there is no planned NTR content. Involving our protagonist however...

You're going to have to increase Affection and Emotions to much higher than that.

Yes, I hope to add them in at some point.
Rean is dead.
Finally he got the fate he deserved for ruining the series for me.

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
Probably because Kiseki is like 20x smaller than a franchise such as Fire Emblem, it's not quite unknown but at the same time it's nowhere near a mainstream JRPG. Tbh I'm grateful we're getting so much art. :sneaky:
Really a shame cause filth here aside, It's probably the best jrpg to come out in recent times. Definitely makes FF look a fool old and DEFINITELY modern.

It has ruined everything else for me. I can't even play the new Tales anymore, it feels disgustingly generic and formulaic.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Rean is dead.
Finally he got the fate he deserved for ruining the series for me.
Of all the characters in the cold steel saga Rean is the one you hate? Dude is like Joshua and Estelle in one, with all the shiny optimism, and self hatred that comes with. Plus Seeing him become a divine blade was awesome

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Of all the characters in the cold steel saga Rean is the one you hate? Dude is like Joshua and Estelle in one, with all the shiny optimism, and self hatred that comes with. Plus Seeing him become a divine blade was awesome
Its because all the focus was on him most of the time and they forced him to be a harem protag.
They pretended to have choice like persona with character events who to go with but they didnt matter in the end.
Crossbell is the peak of the series with the best cast.

karabiner98k

Jan 21, 2020
I can't even play the new Tales anymore, it feels disgustingly generic and formulaic.
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, Kiseki also has formulas to stretch out the games but I don't mind it since I love the gameplay and world. In SC for example they did the whole boss gauntlet thing three times in a row. First Estelle investigates the Enforcer of the chapter, then she discovers that they're up to no good so they toy with her using monsters, summons, archaisms...etc or just casually beat her up in a cutscene. Later after a certain someone joins the party you actually get to fight them for a bit but they quickly run away for the sake of their plan, then finally at the end of the game you kick their asses for real. See what I mean? Falcom created their own formulas/tropes.

fun_master_BW

Apr 14, 2020
Just tried to finish V0.2.6 but did not find the last scenes. Still states 64 out of 65 available scenes seen.
Checked the scenes for all girls that are complete and did not get any update when spending a full day with one of the girls.

Up to now the walk was quite straightforward but not sure whether some sort of hint may be necessary in future.

Jellyfluff

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
Just tried to finish V0.2.6 but did not find the last scenes. Still states 64 out of 65 available scenes seen.
Checked the scenes for all girls that are complete and did not get any update when spending a full day with one of the girls.

Up to now the walk was quite straightforward but not sure whether some sort of hint may be necessary in future.
Could be a bug of some sort - possibly either introduced in this version or an earlier one that carried over. Only Altina has had additional scenes added after her final event was completed. If you want you can send me the save game and I can have a look.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Question how am I at 62 events out of 65 when there is 4 locked for Patron build only right now? Should this not be 61 of 65?

Jellyfluff

Game Developer
Jan 8, 2022
Thanks. I don't see anything missed so I think it's a miscount in the game. The scene counter is a bit rudimentary at the moment and open to error. I'll create a better function for counting.

Question how am I at 62 events out of 65 when there is 4 locked for Patron build only right now? Should this not be 61 of 65?
It's meant to take that into account - so in the Patreon version it would say 62 out of 68. But I still need to fix how the counter works.

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, Kiseki also has formulas to stretch out the games but I don't mind it since I love the gameplay and world. In SC for example they did the whole boss gauntlet thing three times in a row. First Estelle investigates the Enforcer of the chapter, then she discovers that they're up to no good so they toy with her using monsters, summons, archaisms...etc or just casually beat her up in a cutscene. Later after a certain someone joins the party you actually get to fight them for a bit but they quickly run away for the sake of their plan, then finally at the end of the game you kick their asses for real. See what I mean? Falcom created their own formulas/tropes.
Cold steel 3 was even worse.
Do school stuff. Arrive at new spot for training. Go out of camp. Get in trouble and get saved by 2 of old classmates.
Investigate. Go beat up a mecha that they where testing. rinse and repeat.
Their formula worked but at this point their formula has become really repetive.
Crossbell had the best variation and pacing when it came to story.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Cold steel 3 was even worse.
Do school stuff. Arrive at new spot for training. Go out of camp. Get in trouble and get saved by 2 of old classmates.
Investigate. Go beat up a mecha that they where testing. rinse and repeat.
Their formula worked but at this point their formula has become really repetive.
Crossbell had the best variation and pacing when it came to story.
Shame cause cold steel 3 in my opinion had the best scene in the arc (the one where Rean comes clean about hating his life), and the best ending. I do agree it's probably the weakest in the series story wise though.

3.30 star(s) 12 Votes