4.60 star(s) 77 Votes

Macute

Sep 16, 2017
W
The priest commited suicide? Any tips?
This happens when you have 10 or more sin. Jeanne also leaves you if you talk if her. To lower your sin there is a green hair guy next to the statue that rises the game difficulty.

SkyRanger

Jul 16, 2017
Is this some kind of bug? I can't find beauty and the beast anywhere in the lost empire. it's the only book I'm missing...

Shadad

Nov 15, 2018
This happens when you have 10 or more sin. Jeanne also leaves you if you talk if her. To lower your sin there is a green hair guy next to the statue that rises the game difficulty.
I think this will need to wait until next playthrough =( I got 973 sins because of the OP shadowmoon blade that can kill bosses in one hit if your sin is high.

mooooooo

Jan 17, 2018
English version only has sold 17 copies so nope.
It's sold 41 copies so far. It was apparently only listed on the Japanese version of the site for a few days and sold 18 in that time. On the English site, the game has sold 25 in 2 days. For one dude's translation work the english version has probably already broken even; I can't imagine the one translator was paid more than 500 dollars. Any further purchases are just profit.

OttoVonHentai

Dec 18, 2017
Thanks, also the sorcerer staff is pretty great at lvl +10 too reduce mp cost to zero and combine with the ring that double spell damage and mp cost it a devastating combo.
Where is this ring exactly I'm 3/4ths done with the Demon Princesses so I'm assuming end game is in sight.

mooooooo

Jan 17, 2018
Oh my god. I just noticed it had multiple menus for sale. Wow, I made the game a lot harder than it needed to be for a good bit. Thanks.
MP doesn't really matter come endgame since you can regen it pretty much doing anything.

Get the Demon Catalyst weapon intead (quintuples mana costs and multiply your magic power) and combine that with reckless warrior ring (100% crit chance but reduce DEf and Res by 50%) which you get it from killing the warrior in the starting area and use the mighty power mastery at the start, and use a soul discharge / heavy soul discharge and you will oneshot most bosses in the game.

Or don't, and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played. Unfortunately the reckless warrior ring truly is broken in a grindy game like this so I would actually recommend against it for a more enjoy experience actually playing the game.

logadd

Oct 18, 2017
It's sold 41 copies so far. It was apparently only listed on the Japanese version of the site for a few days and sold 18 in that time. On the English site, the game has sold 25 in 2 days. For one dude's translation work the english version has probably already broken even; I can't imagine the one translator was paid more than 500 dollars. Any further purchases are just profit.
For comparison, the original game is currently at 11898 sales. With the difference like that I doubt the dev would even bother thinking about translating the second game.

mooooooo

Jan 17, 2018
For comparison, the original game is currently at 11898 sales. With the difference like that I doubt the dev would even bother thinking about translating the second game.
Yeah, after two years and with what looks like a team of around two dozen people of varying contributions, the Japanese version has sold a ton of copies, that's true. However in the english version in the credits, one person is listed for the English translation. Looks like they paid one dude a couple hundred dollars at most to translate all of the text, so low overhead for the translation.

If you look at other english titles on the site, they also seem to be around 500-1000 sales per year, and Black Souls seems to be keeping pace with that estimate, so at 15 dollars a purchase they're looking at 7500-15000 dollars of revenue per year. The entire game is already made, it just needs a single person to translate it. It's free money left on the table.

There is also the possibility that the translation was started a while ago and no matter how disappoint the sales, they'll just release it anyways because again, it's leaving money.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So, guess who's playing Black Souls II?

The sin system is a bit confusing compared to Black Souls I. It can go negative, for one, and it isn't just one sin = one rape/murder. Also, being small fluffy and cute is a crime now. So killing rabbits etc. drops your sin level?

One of the areas is just evil, though. Invisible teleporting maze. You just walk around, and if you hit a 'wall' you are teleported back to the start. So frustrating.

Anexia

Dec 31, 2018
So question.... What in the ever loving fuck is Lillith's Heart used for? Been trying to figure it out for a while now, you can use it from the inventory, but it doesn't seem to do anything really... Oh wait... should I use it on the pentagram in the middle of old undead burg? Brb going to try now.

Visya

Oct 26, 2018
just finnished all of the ending. still bothered with the Ending C tho. thank god ive make another savefile before killing them all in the hotel. and then i used the save editor to just get their book without killing them. i just hate killing the match girl. too bad i can use the same method to save black rabbit

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
just finnished all of the ending. still bothered with the Ending C tho. thank god ive make another savefile before killing them all in the hotel. and then i used the save editor to just get their book without killing them. i just hate killing the match girl. too bad i can use the same method to save black rabbit
which save editor are you using exactly? care to share?

4.60 star(s) 77 Votes