4.60 star(s) 77 Votes

Macute

Sep 16, 2017
So, guess who's playing Black Souls II?

The sin system is a bit confusing compared to Black Souls I. It can go negative, for one, and it isn't just one sin = one rape/murder. Also, being small fluffy and cute is a crime now. So killing rabbits etc. drops your sin level?

One of the areas is just evil, though. Invisible teleporting maze. You just walk around, and if you hit a 'wall' you are teleported back to the start. So frustrating.
A played a little bit of BS2 a while a ago and from what I remeber its no sin but rather Sen. From the ulmf forum a user said the following: "the SEN is pretty much your sanity,the lower you get,the crazy the world becomes(bgm dissapears,ppl speaking gibberish,new monster,theres also only certain event and place accesible while below 0 SEN "

BS2 looks a little more complex then BS1 but the combat got rather interesting since you can changes weapon in combat.

On another note seems BS1 just hit 34 sales on enlgish dl site with the 18 from the japanese one making a total of 52 sales. I guess if they released on english dl site first they could have sold more, lets hope they sell more so they translate the sequel.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
A played a little bit of BS2 a while a ago and from what I remeber its no sin but rather Sen.
I assumed that was a typical Japanese misspelling. Although if it's 'sanity' then it should be San, so it still is a typical Japanese misspelling. I binged on photos that reduce Sen 10 points as well. ^^;

LoveNot

Dec 13, 2017
So question.... What in the ever loving fuck is Lillith's Heart used for? Been trying to figure it out for a while now, you can use it from the inventory, but it doesn't seem to do anything really... Oh wait... should I use it on the pentagram in the middle of old undead burg? Brb going to try now.
it gives stats boost as far as im aware

logadd

Oct 18, 2017
Yeah, after two years and with what looks like a team of around two dozen people of varying contributions, the Japanese version has sold a ton of copies, that's true. However in the english version in the credits, one person is listed for the English translation. Looks like they paid one dude a couple hundred dollars at most to translate all of the text, so low overhead for the translation.
There's only one developer, all the other listed names are the sources of free assets. And wouldn't be surprised if the translation was either free or the fee is based on the percentage of sales.

Reactions: Psycamore

Akai Oni

Jan 28, 2018
How do you get rid of the black vanguard they keep killing me
You mean the Black Trial? Easy, just dont do anything that increase your sin like killing or raping. You can also go to the man beside the statue in the Holy Forest and pay him 5000 souls for every sin you have if you want to decrease your sin.

mooooooo

Jan 17, 2018
anyway for an "easy modo" like an hidden item or something?
The Reckless Warrior ring, especially when combined with Soul Discharge. Obtain it by killing the warrior in the Holy Forest.

Reckless Warrior basically doubles your damage in exchange for halving your defense,which doesn't matter if you kill everything in one hit anyways, which means you grind faster, which means you level up faster, etc.

Reactions: Slurmp13

caflambe

Jul 23, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Where was this said?

Also, a lot of misconceptions in the early few posts on how some events get triggered. Two notable ones I noticed:
You don't need to kill the Pied Piper only after the Lamia spawns, you can kill him the moment you enter the sewer.
Goose runs away after your first defeat/covenant of a princess, not at a random point in the game. Another pre-req is probably you have to deposit some souls prior.

Exocaradus

Nov 26, 2018
does anyone know if there will be a release of BS2 in english in the future? really enjoy this kinda game and was hoping to play more like it.

mooooooo

Jan 17, 2018
There's only one developer, all the other listed names are the sources of free assets. And wouldn't be surprised if the translation was either free or the fee is based on the percentage of sales.
All that aside, the good news is that the sales are chugging along. 51 in four days is pretty decent for a $15 game. It's going to clear 500 sales by the end of the year for sure at this rate.

logadd

Oct 18, 2017
All that aside, the good news is that the sales are chugging along. 51 in four days is pretty decent for a $15 game. It's going to clear 500 sales by the end of the year for sure at this rate.
Most sales happen in the first few days. If you check other new english releases on dlsite, yesterday released a pretty unremarkable(600 sales in 3 years on the japanese section) game and it already sold 50 copies in just a day and a half. My guess is BLACK SOULS would plateau at around 100 sales in a year. Unless somehow it suddenly gets popular.

4.60 star(s) 77 Votes