4.60 star(s) 76 Votes

iivancat

May 4, 2020
hi guys, i think my game is bugged, maybe? in wonderland the 'corpse' who sells the ultimate skills just has a blank box; there's no way to select the character i want. and Miranda has a blank box where her skills should be, in combat. also the mermaid princess has a blank box when she asks for one of your girls. is there a fix for this? or maybe it's part of the game? thanks for any advice. :)

iivancat

May 4, 2020
Okay, Let me compile the current info for the 10 heroines who can become companions.
1. Leaf: Straightforward. Take the path up, once you are in the Holy Forest. Just make sure not to choose kill when you first meet her.
2. Dorothy: Defeat Hansel and Gretel. Then choose to be her Apprentice. She will then task you to hunt 3 monsters, Scarecrow in Forest of Abandoned with 2 static scarecrows, Lion in the warehouse right before Sewers, and Tin Man in Behemoth's Ranch using the path on the right of Holy Forest. Once completed, report back.
3. Goose: You will meet to the top left of the Behemoth's Ranch bonfire. Use a Master key to set her free and she will appear at the Holy Forest as a "Soul Bank". Invest some souls and head to fog 3 , she will leave. You will locate her in the tent on the top right corner of the Sea of Trash. Save before talking to her. Choose not to forgive
4. Victoria: In the house, just before Fort Ivern. Kill the naked king FIRST (Hint: Summoning Leaf will help) and make sure to have a master key as well as at least 5000 souls.
5. Elma: Make sure that the Piper in the sewers is dead before you attempt her quest. Otherwise, she automatically dies. After reaching the Lost Empire bonfire, return to her shop and her mother makes an appearance as a lamia, Quickly kill her and Elma will head straight to Holy Forest. Meet her there to recruit her.
6. Jeanne: Once you have access to the fort, look for her ashes where she died in the prologue. Staying close to the walls will help you avoid the dragon if you don't think you can take it on just yet. Then head to the Skeleton Maze and locate a cave where a non-hostile Shaman will reside. Talk to him and learn you need a Kraken's tentacle, (Or kill the Kraken in the Sea of Trash first also works) and then hand both it and Jeanne's ashes to him to revive her. Make sure not to choose sex slave.
7. Catherine: (Recommend you recruit Jeanne first as she is needed) Locate the stairs that lead to her former bodyguards, once you kill them both, talk to Catherine. Clear out the Cathedral in Graveyard Town Elixir and she will move there. She will move to Holy Forest once you summon Jeanne.
8. Elisabeth: At some point after she arrives in the Holy Forest, Elisabeth will move to where you first meet Leaf. Talk to her to learn about her lost ring. The fairy that has the ring will be in the bottom left section of the area connected to the Sea of Trash. Kill it and bring the ring to Elisabeth. After she moves back to her initial position, save before talking her. (No need is the right answer)
9. Miranda: Have 5 Sin and head to the Tainted Bog. There is a guy in the same area who will sell you Sin (Somewhere in the bottom left). Make sure you are fully prepared for combat. Defeat her. Speak to the man next to Statue that shows how many times you died to remove you Sins. It costs 5000 souls per Sin.
10. Red Hood: At some point, there will be a boat in the river to the left of the Prayer Master. (Perhaps after reaching the Lost Empire bonfire) Beware that there is a boss fight along the way, so prepare accordingly. After killing the watcher, continue on until you reach the house. Find the red hood and talk to her. Watch her go feed her dog. Talk. Leave the house and enter again. You will need 103000 souls, 3000 for her services and 100000 for her to join you. Beware that she will have a choice to speak or ignore Elisabeth (her mother) once you recruit her. Telling her to speak will cause Elisabeth to leave. (Not sure if can be found again.)

EDIT: Complete now as far as recruiting is needed. Big thanks to EDDDyum and Bladeue for providing assistance.
thanks for the very useful guide! :)

for idiots like me, i'd like to add that for Elma the instant you enter her shop you have to RUN toward the lamia, triggering a fight, to save her. I stupidly thought it was a 'cut scene' and stood back and watched Elma get killed reload after reload, before i figured that out. ;P

zbunk

Jul 7, 2021
i might be asking for a lot but can some one explain the blacksouls 1 lore to me? (without blacksouls 2 spoilers). i have played this game for a hefty amount of time now and i only have a vague understanding of what's going on in the story

Debonkers

Mar 21, 2022
Ok so I suppose this has happened to someone else but I genuinely don't want to search 68 pages...
Anyone got an idea how to fix this error on startup?
1659118895458.png

4.60 star(s) 76 Votes