Abby Dexter

Feb 27, 2024
So far this game looks like a weird combination of Dark Souls and classic fairy tales. Let me guess, there is also the Moonlight Greatsword hidden somewhere as well?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Bro, you were looking for games similar to dark souls and you got what you asked for.

Abby Dexter

Feb 27, 2024
Bro, you were looking for games similar to dark souls and you got what you asked for.
Bro...? :cautious:
In any case, I didn't call this game bad by any means, but what is good about it is that it imitates and combines a lot of good things, made by other authors, or am I wrong?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Do you just vomit quotes to try and sound smart without understanding them? Because calling something mediocre isn't exactly praise. If you actually researched the quote then you'd know it is in its entirety definitely not a compliment. Bro

Abby Dexter

Feb 27, 2024
Do you just vomit quotes to try and sound smart without understanding them? Because calling something mediocre isn't exactly praise. If you actually researched the quote then you'd know it is in its entirety definitely not a compliment. Bro
Your ignorant foolish self is really making my blood boil, but I'll spare you and even enlighten you, just this once.
What makes you think that I tried to compliment this game?
Saying that something achieved a success because it is good at imitating something successful is neither a compliment indeed, nor an insult, but a bitter truth which I wanted to emphasize. It is a fact that this game's success is highly dependent on other authors' creations.
If someone feels insulted in this or similar situations, it is because they think something is better than it actually is.
I will predict your next message "Why are you playing this game if you don't like it, you dirty wench!?". :confused:
When exactly I complained about this game? Savage.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Maybe if you actually comprehended my post you'd understand that calling something mediocre is a slight, an insult, a denigration. I guess that's beyond someone that puts on the face of false intelligence like yourself.
No less an example of your base intellect is your use of a strawman against me. As if I ever made this about whatever you want to pretend your gender is. On the internet, in this forum, your gender matters not so I will use whatever language I wish and I will not be coerced otherwise. You may return the favor as well, for on this ground we are equal.
Black souls success is born from something greater than its parts. The characters may be inspired but their actions and relations are not. The locales may be from other fiction but the implementation and visualization are unique. Likewise, many great works are built upon others. To toss them aside merely for similarity is foolish.
Your prediction falls flat as I know exactly why you play it. You sought similarity and found it. Honestly, I hope you will play it through fully, find all the ending, see hidden details, and uncover and wonder about the mysteries the game (and its sequel) presents. Then maybe you will see why it is beloved and not simply "mediocre".

Anonym321

Aug 17, 2020
Your ignorant foolish self is really making my blood boil, but I'll spare you and even enlighten you, just this once.
What makes you think that I tried to compliment this game?
Saying that something achieved a success because it is good at imitating something successful is neither a compliment indeed, nor an insult, but a bitter truth which I wanted to emphasize. It is a fact that this game's success is highly dependent on other authors' creations.
If someone feels insulted in this or similar situations, it is because they think something is better than it actually is.
I will predict your next message "Why are you playing this game if you don't like it, you dirty wench!?". :confused:
When exactly I complained about this game? Savage.
dude, the way you try to look is creppy, just stop, who are you trying to parody ?

Abby Dexter

Feb 27, 2024
Maybe if you actually comprehended my post you'd understand that calling something mediocre is a slight, an insult, a denigration. I guess that's beyond someone that puts on the face of false intelligence like yourself.
No less an example of your base intellect is your use of a strawman against me. As if I ever made this about whatever you want to pretend your gender is. On the internet, in this forum, your gender matters not so I will use whatever language I wish and I will not be coerced otherwise. You may return the favor as well, for on this ground we are equal.
Black souls success is born from something greater than its parts. The characters may be inspired but their actions and relations are not. The locales may be from other fiction but the implementation and visualization are unique. Likewise, many great works are built upon others. To toss them aside merely for similarity is foolish.
Your prediction falls flat as I know exactly why you play it. You sought similarity and found it. Honestly, I hope you will play it through fully, find all the ending, see hidden details, and uncover and wonder about the mysteries the game (and its sequel) presents. Then maybe you will see why it is beloved and not simply "mediocre".
Hilarious! You are so blind to see that you've just proved my point! You insulted me just now, just as I predicted, and the reason was your opinion on the game! Your opinion about it is high enough to be insulted when someone calls it mediocre.
And be sure, I WILL break down this fucking game and the whole series without even breaking a sweat!
By the way, did you just questioned my gender? I don't recommend you doing that, pup.

dude, the way you try to look is creppy, just stop, who are you trying to parody ?
Being literally attacked by a fanatical person is okay or what? It is them who must learn how to behave.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I am not sure but their convo seems like they're just fucking with each other so it's not that big of a deal is it?
Mostly, I still think he's an idiot for looking for games similar to dark souls, then backhanding black souls for being similar to it.

kingpatrick

May 9, 2019
Any other games similar to this one and Black Souls 2?
if you want the closest thing to it. N.P.C. Dreams takes a lot of inspiration and even has its own nod to the library and Red Hood. Other games would be Daughter of Essence, Fear and Hunger, Lisa comes to mind games that are lewd and not

Reactions: SilverLotus

Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
Man, the adult content here feels very tacked on. You can tell this was intended as a regular JRPG but the dev thought it wouldn't sell that way.

4.70 star(s) 71 Votes