4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
I'm trying to piece together what actually happens in this game and was wondering if there is someone who is more in-the-know about the lore here can give some answers as explanations seem to be rare. I'm not sure if it's because of the translation and/or just the overwhelming content that can be approached in the 'wrong' sequence of events that can make it get confusing. Spoilers, of course.

1)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2)

3)

4)

5)
go to the previous page there is a guy who posted the overall story and have most of it correct, its long but endure it.There is a few point he gets wrong but phenir point it out just look at the threads below after you finish reading the overrall story.

No victoria is not snowwhite. The lost empire victoria is a fake that based on the true victoria which has been imprison by mary sue but she escaped, she do remember a bit of grimm but not much. (idk mary sue clone her or make a new victoria based on her idk the process)

Mermaid princess appear in the poseidon hotel scene and as a topic in one of the conversation with the secret princess

Frog princess dad appear in chaos dungeon

idk snowwhite maybe wait for dlc 3

Node is the white queen, more details on previous page.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
go to the previous page there is a guy who posted the overall story and have most of it correct, its long but endure it.There is a few point he gets wrong but phenir point it out just look at the threads below after you finish reading the overrall story.

No victoria is not snowwhite. The lost empire victoria is a fake that based on the true victoria which has been imprison by mary sue but she escaped, she do remember a bit of grimm but not much. (idk mary sue clone her or make a new victoria based on her idk the process)

Mermaid princess appear in the poseidon hotel scene and as a topic in one of the conversation with the secret princess

Frog princess dad appear in chaos dungeon

idk snowwhite maybe wait for dlc 3

Node is the white queen, more details on previous page.
Thanks

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
About sen, have you done the reverse true ending and or B ending? You will understand why the heroines take those forms at 0 sen.Most of the heroines are eldritch beings. Their form is incomprehensible to a sane mind but an insane mind copes.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
About sen, have you done the reverse true ending and or B ending? You will understand why the heroines take those forms at 0 sen.Most of the heroines are eldritch beings. Their form is incomprehensible to a sane mind but an insane mind copes.
Aye I did and know about them being otherworldly beings, I don't remember the latter being stated but that makes sense now thanks. Reading some of the past posts, I guess hiding the reality makes the process of using him as breeding stock easier with everyone looking like cute girls rather than look like... Whatever they are. Sad he's being used this way even if made blissfully unaware, but I guess that's why Node pities him and tells Kuti that she has no idea of his suffering. So I guess it also makes sense that having sex with them further feeds into his madness thus increasing SEN.

Halidom

Mar 12, 2020
I'm surprised a lot of people seem to assume high SEN = madness. The dev has obviously done their research, if it was about sanity, they probably would have just used SAN like Call of Cthulhu does. That doesn't mean madness isn't a part of it, obviously, the Gears of Madness lets you change your SEN, after all. But I don't think it's without reason the dev used SEN instead of SAN.

I know the JPN fanwiki has made some guesses about it being something like SENsuality or SENtimentality, which makes sense with some things (being intimate with heroines raises SEN, killing them lowers it, using the tainted black souls lowers your SEN as well) but seems at odd with other cases to me (looking at photos of Alice lowers your SEN, you'd think it'd raise it if it was one of the above). I don't claim to fully get what SEN represents, but I do think it's more than just a sanity/insanity check.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
I'm surprised a lot of people seem to assume high SEN = madness. The dev has obviously done their research, if it was about sanity, they probably would have just used SAN like Call of Cthulhu does. That doesn't mean madness isn't a part of it, obviously, the Gears of Madness lets you change your SEN, after all. But I don't think it's without reason the dev used SEN instead of SAN.

I know the JPN fanwiki has made some guesses about it being something like SENsuality or SENtimentality, which makes sense with some things (being intimate with heroines raises SEN, killing them lowers it, using the tainted black souls lowers your SEN as well) but seems at odd with other cases to me (looking at photos of Alice lowers your SEN, you'd think it'd raise it if it was one of the above). I don't claim to fully get what SEN represents, but I do think it's more than just a sanity/insanity check.
From an interview, quoting someone else here because they explain it far better than I would've:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Hello my sweet people, i have a question about my progress so far.

You got A, B, C, D, and E endings which are all the normal endings. 1 and 4 are the same ending just with different Alice. Now you are just missing F and G endings. To get these endings:

• Red Heart
Reactions: allinon

SpearOfLies

Dec 20, 2018
From an interview, quoting someone else here because they explain it far better than I would've:
That make sense. Considering I took it as how much Grimm was attune to the world, how much he wanted to deceive himself and forget the suffering.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
That make sense. Considering I took it as how much Grimm was attune to the world, how much he wanted to deceive himself and forget the suffering.
Same, it all clicks together now. I was just missing a few things on why people looked like spooks at SEN 0 but what Phenir said made sense. So....

Looking at the girl's photo reduces SEN because it reminds you and/or jogs your memory. Killing NPCs you're not supposed to is sequence breaking, so it reduces SEN by a lot. Remembering things in the hotel immediately pulls you to reality. Anything that's not buying into this 'fake' world.

On the other hand, interacting with that which plays along with the world increases SEN. Looting/eating bodies that don't actually 'exist', kissing or having sex with the eldritch beings, taking the drugs, etc. You also gain 5 SEN whenever you see the 'Lady' whenever you're at low SEN, which funnily enough, in combat they immediately inflict Madness despite your Madness resistance. Not sure what the idea behind the Lady is however or what they're supposed to be.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I hope he opens the fight stating how much "sin" Grimm has accumulated since BS 1. If he's even capable of speaking after traversing worlds.

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I hope he opens the fight stating how much "sin" Grimm has accumulated since BS 1. If he's even capable of speaking after traversing worlds.
RRH did say that he came here during her caroll river bonfire dialogue so I guess he'll finally appear in the third DLC to annoy the sh- out of us once again...
Who knows, maybe it will even add him as a "I will fight with you for now" kind of thing during our team-up with Miran- Meryphilia or pretty much just shoo us off so it'll be THEIR 3v3 and we go meet up with RRH up ahead.

B l a c c Trial vs Trio of hoes?

But here I go again rambling sh-

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Remembering things in the hotel immediately pulls you to reality.
I pointed this out earlier, but the hotel scene sen change depends on if you met red hood or not. If you had not, you just get further insane. +100 which is the highest single positive sen change I think besides brain scrubbing. If you had, then she pulls you back to reality.
RRH did say that he came here during her caroll river bonfire dialogue so I guess he'll finally appear in the third DLC to annoy the sh- out of us once again...
Who knows, maybe it will even add him as a "I will fight with you for now" kind of thing during our team-up with Miran- Meryphilia or pretty much just shoo us off so it'll be THEIR 3v3 and we go meet up with RRH up ahead.

B l a c c Trial vs Trio of hoes?

But here I go again rambling sh-
My point is he is probably messed up after traveling from BS 1 world to BS 2 one. The only other beings that did that were either eldritch (crawling one, 3 nightmares, Kuti, etc) or dead on arrival (Miranda) or had the help of an eldritch being (red hood). Just look at what happened to his horse.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
My point is he is probably messed up after traveling from BS 1 world to BS 2 one. The only other beings that did that were either eldritch (crawling one, 3 nightmares, Kuti, etc) or dead on arrival (Miranda) or had the help of an eldritch being (red hood). Just look at what happened to his horse.
Yeah as if the sane version of that guy isn't annoying enough, now he'll probably turn his "Chase Grimm" Mission to an obsession now that he's probably insane?
Unless this will be Helkaiser Chaos Dungeon fight 2.0 and also end 'em for good
> .>ll

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
I pointed this out earlier, but the hotel scene sen change depends on if you met red hood or not. If you had not, you just get further insane. +100 which is the highest single positive sen change I think besides brain scrubbing. If you had, then she pulls you back to reality.
Ah didn't realize. I'd have to see it for myself but I guess I'd interpret that the SEN increase is from him further buying into the madness as a form of escapism.

Shinkaishoujo

Jun 13, 2019
Same, it all clicks together now. I was just missing a few things on why people looked like spooks at SEN 0 but what Phenir said made sense. So....

Looking at the girl's photo reduces SEN because it reminds you and/or jogs your memory. Killing NPCs you're not supposed to is sequence breaking, so it reduces SEN by a lot. Remembering things in the hotel immediately pulls you to reality. Anything that's not buying into this 'fake' world.

On the other hand, interacting with that which plays along with the world increases SEN. Looting/eating bodies that don't actually 'exist', kissing or having sex with the eldritch beings, taking the drugs, etc. You also gain 5 SEN whenever you see the 'Lady' whenever you're at low SEN, which funnily enough, in combat they immediately inflict Madness despite your Madness resistance. Not sure what the idea behind the Lady is however or what they're supposed to be.
The Lady is probably the best standard enemy I've ever seen

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
You also gain 5 SEN whenever you see the 'Lady' whenever you're at low SEN, which funnily enough, in combat they immediately inflict Madness despite your Madness resistance. Not sure what the idea behind the Lady is however or what they're supposed to be.
Aren't there two variations of the 'Lady" enemy? There's one that you regularly see and another that wears Victorian-era clothing. I've yet to figure out what exactly causes each variation.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes