4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Absolute Zero

Jan 15, 2018
Depth 9, or about every 20 floors nine times. It shouldn't allow you to progress past that depth until you beat him.
Alright, thanks

Btw, is there a more efficient way to raise your stats in this game? Collecting a lot of souls and then spending it on colored souls (Limited to 99) just for a minuscule stat boost is pretty repetitive. Is there no other method to increase base stats faster?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Maybe it requires you to have defeated old king at least once on the save file and further loops only need Mabel.
Alright, thanks

Btw, is there a more efficient way to raise your stats in this game? Collecting a lot of souls and then spending it on colored souls (Limited to 99) just for a minuscule stat boost is pretty repetitive. Is there no other method to increase base stats faster?
Do ashes reignited, left of the chaos dungeon bonfire. Requires you to beat a boss in the dungeon first though I think. At the end of it you can get 50 old one souls (get the mystery as well at some point, it's a great head armor) which are +300 all stats and the run itself gives you about 18m souls if you have 2x soul. You can spend those on more old one souls in the chaos dungeon.
From your post, it sounds like you haven't touched the chaos dungeon yet. Did you go there and talk to Mabel when she appears at the bonfire before checking the dlc 3 door?

Yamainui351

Aug 3, 2021
Alright, thanks

Highly recommend getting the highest level you can and just nab squirrels and fairies (which usually drop souls x1000 your level) on the way to Old King. The boss rush offers 4,000,000 base souls and plenty of colored souls just before that final boss that heals like half a million.

If you have Dispel, a Stunlock weapon (Kishingatana or Deep Sea Anchor), and Hans' Machine Gun, run the first DLC 3 boss and grab 3mil worth of Outer One souls in the upper left kitchen sink.

Reactions: Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2018
Is it worth it to use the old king or celestial rings? What are the best weapons/gear to use?
They are worth using for DLC 1,2 and the main story. But when you reach DLC 3 they are pretty much useless because it's enough to have basic 10-15k in magic/attack to get them to the 109k limit with buffs and you don't need those rings to achieve that.

Absolute Zero

Jan 15, 2018
Maybe it requires you to have defeated old king at least once on the save file and further loops only need Mabel.

Do ashes reignited, left of the chaos dungeon bonfire. Requires you to beat a boss in the dungeon first though I think. At the end of it you can get 50 old one souls (get the mystery as well at some point, it's a great head armor) which are +300 all stats and the run itself gives you about 18m souls if you have 2x soul. You can spend those on more old one souls in the chaos dungeon.
From your post, it sounds like you haven't touched the chaos dungeon yet. Did you go there and talk to Mabel when she appears at the bonfire before checking the dlc 3 door?
Yeah, although I really haven’t played the chaos dungeon all that much. Also, I don’t have the left dungeon unlocked yet since I had to go straight into new game plus (after ending G) in order for DLC3 to even be playable.

Anyways, I finally made it to the old king. I’m able to melt him during his first stage but the second stage is where I’m stuck and I cannot beat it whatsoever… The part where it summons the clones, I know you have to use Break on them but I’m unable get past a certain point after killing several of them and end up getting Insta killed… :/

EDIT: Nvm, I brute forced it with a shotgun and the rabbit’s pocket watch, so after six hours I finally beat the boss =͟͟͞͞(꒪⌓꒪*)₍₍ (̨̡ ‾᷄ᗣ‾᷅ )̧̢ ₎₎

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

Jan 15, 2018
Since I finally made it to the DLC area I have some general questions:

•Does anything I do in here Impact the main story (like add additional content or locking it) and Vise Versa? Or is it like God of the deep ocean DLC with no impact to the main story

•Is the story in DLC3 linear or does it have branching paths with multiple endings?

•Is there a full walk-through guide of DLC3 available? I would like to read it while progressing at the same time so that I can get the optimal ending without having to start from the beginning all over again just to do another playthrough

gemmenica

Feb 26, 2020
It is recommended to have around 10k-20k stats minimum for DLC3, this is the part of the game where you need to plan your strategy, even mobs will kill you easily here if you dont pay attention and item is almost must have to deal enough damage, some tips is to stack action per turn with black/white rabbit ring, andor sword, Mabel's Pnties or Duchess Pledge and buff yourself with pine item then burst the opponent's, Requiem is a must have and just pay attention to enemy gimmicks

The game will punish you for rushing headfirst without strategy (Fu*king horse), most if not every enemy in DLC3 deal percentage damage and has some gimmick (Cant use item, Convert Heal to damage, cant use skill, etc) so base stats didn't actually matter much except for dealing damage and its recommended to gather every gear up to dlc 3 to counter those gimmicks

Farming souls can be done in Ashen Reignited boss rush, it give you a hefty amount and exchange those for Souls of Outer God from Mabel inside Chaos Dungeon

gemmenica

Feb 26, 2020
Since I finally made it to the DLC area I have some general questions:

•Does anything I do in here Impact the main story (like add additional content or locking it) and Vise Versa? Or is it like God of the deep ocean DLC with no impact to the main story

•Is the story in DLC3 linear or does it have branching paths with multiple endings?

•Is there a full walk-through guide of DLC3 available? I would like to read it while progressing at the same time so that I can get the optimal ending without having to start from the beginning all over again just to do another playthrough
Pretty much affect just lorewise and ending matters if you equip prickett ring before killing the final boss, Honestly just play it blind, i guarantee you its more immersive that way.

Guide can be found all over the forum, i remember someone making some pretty comprehensive guide for min run for DLC3

Mar 12, 2018
You need to complete the Blackwell event in the main story to get a letter from her if you want an easier time dealing with the final boss.

It has branching paths (two, actually) but the ultimate ending is the same.

Google translate is good enough nowadays for you to understand most things in the Japanese walkthrough. Also, you can find a mini-guide somewhere in the comments here. You can't get "everything" in one playthrough, though. On the other hand you can just check the missed h-scenes in the gallery as there's an option to unlock it fully.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
is there any way to meet the girl in the mushroom village and seond how ill i know if i have spoken to red at enought bonfires im already at progress 10 and have jub jub locked up about to enter the duches mansion as all thats left is chaos dungion and the under water stuff and queensland

Oct 30, 2018
is there any way to meet the girl in the mushroom village and seond how ill i know if i have spoken to red at enought bonfires im already at progress 10 and have jub jub locked up about to enter the duches mansion as all thats left is chaos dungion and the under water stuff and queensland
If you mean redhood in the village you need to have 0 sen and inspect the house at the end of the path. There is no way to check if you've met all 10 times. Your best bet is to follow a guide or if doing a blind playthrough write it down.

Heres a checklist for you. Must have 0 sen to see her Crossing bridge at 1 sen or above voids the run. Failing to meet Red Hood in rabbit hole before progress 3 or something voids the run.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oct 30, 2018
Double Post, since no one has posted a guide for DLC 3, I dug this one out of the grave. It still contains fandom wiki formatting I'll eventually fix and clean it up (maybe not). This is a WiP and only guides you up to the First Boss of the Graveyard.
Update: Added Visual Novel Guide and the domains for the final boss
Update 2: Walkthrough is completed. There are currently no images and i added some extra info on items, scenes and what not but that part is unfinished

Last edited:

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
If you mean redhood in the village you need to have 0 sen and inspect the house at the end of the path. There is no way to check if you've met all 10 times. Your best bet is to follow a guide or if doing a blind playthrough write it down.

Heres a checklist for you. Must have 0 sen to see her Crossing bridge at 1 sen or above voids the run. Failing to meet Red Hood in rabbit hole before progress 3 or something voids the run.
no theres a girl in the mushroom villlage shes inside her house and i mightg have fucked up then since i mever been to rabbit hole till progess 10

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
no theres a girl in the mushroom villlage shes inside her house and i mightg have fucked up then since i mever been to rabbit hole till progess 10
You can't meet her. It's just a reference to red riding woods, a previous game by Toro.
If you didn't talk to Red hood on the bridge past headhunting beast, then you won't be able to meet her elsewhere.

Oct 30, 2018
yea thats redhood inside the house. Also big rip, shes at the bonfire past the locked red door, you'll just have to finish the game as is and try to do it on newgame+ loop

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes