4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Glitch with Old King of Chess

Just thought I'd put it out there now, considering I've seen it first hand and saw a couple people discussing it about ten pages back, that the Old King of Chess boss fight in the Chaos Dungeon has a rather rare but still recurring glitch in which the ability to successfully Gun Break/Break him or his mirrors in the second phase, which is the only way to beat him and his defeat is required for DLC 3, will not work. The skill to do so is a thing, but the result after doing so just does damage depending on whether you Gun Break or normal Break him. I tried for weeks once I encountered this glitch and sadly, there is no fixing it unless you recode the issue or simply...Restart the Chaos Dungeon and make your way to his depth again. The attack which I believe is called Zex Calibur Charge ignores Immortality, Defense, any revival rings, any amount of HP you have.etc. It's required that you Break him or his mirrors in some way as he's charging it. A rather annoying issue...But still a thing I thought should be brought up.

Jul 30, 2018
So I beat Black Souls 2 today and uh do we have any news for the Black Souls 3? Cause holy fuck ending H was just real rough emotions wise.

AbusivePlagueDoctor

Jun 20, 2018
So I beat Black Souls 2 today and uh do we have any news for the Black Souls 3? Cause holy fuck ending H was just real rough emotions wise.
We have EMMM's confirmation for Red Hood's Woods 2 and I THINK a game about the princesses from BS1 though I'm not 100% sure on that one. Or maybe the princesses will appear in RHW2? I'm not sure, don't remember correctly.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
We have EMMM's confirmation for Red Hood's Woods 2 and I THINK a game about the princesses from BS1 though I'm not 100% sure on that one. Or maybe the princesses will appear in RHW2? I'm not sure, don't remember correctly.
IIRC they were two separate games. That info was from an interview from over a year ago though so plans might have changed since then. He started working on some Touhou related thing after a brief break.

Reactions: aattss and dd777

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
I found an ost of a hidden boss called "shadow mirrors" but i've never seen it before so anyone know where it is?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You're both immortal until the buff runs out, just go full offense until the buff is about to run out. Switch to defense when it does so he doesn't kill you on that turn then finish him off. You can kind of cheese it by finishing his second phase with dot damage so he moves first and thus runs out of the buff first.

Reactions: curtloadblower

curtloadblower

Apr 22, 2018
You're both immortal until the buff runs out, just go full offense until the buff is about to run out. Switch to defense when it does so he doesn't kill you on that turn then finish him off. You can kind of cheese it by finishing his second phase with dot damage so he moves first and thus runs out of the buff first.
finally finish that fight thanx for the advice, now i just have to beat unis .

Reactions: pappydappy

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
No but if it's a consistent crash then I imagine it's a missing file. You could probably fix that by reinstalling the game, make sure you back up your savefile folder beforehand. I can describe the conversations if you want instead.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes