4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

aattss

Feb 20, 2018
I just found that the person who made Black Souls has apparently also been doing a Touhou web series thing called Igyoukyo, or Grotesque Land Story, though unfortunately not that much of it has been translated yet that I could find on Youtube.

Beckz

May 11, 2020
Alright, played the DLC and clear the Additional Ending.
Now this dlc feel's like the 1st BlackSouls.
Where the additional ending giving a vibe that there will be a sequel..

If the 'True End" is G, then that will definitely the end of BS series.

BUT if the True end is H, then there might be a chance there will be Sequel.
Because in this Ending, the "Fairy" is still alive.

Like in the 1st BlackSouls, in 1st true end, she is dead. But in DLC's end, she is Alive

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
all endings are cannon, the red hood you meet in blacksouls 2 is the red hood from her ending in black souls 1, notice in the bs1 red's ending she says she won't rest until cut her head, then talking red for the first time comments she is not here to help you, she is here to cut the head of the mastermind

in this light, sure, ending G happened, but the ending that will bridge toward a next entry if any, is H

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
H end is the actual true end. You can't loop after it, signifying Grimm's escape from the looping. It also lines up with Mabel's prophecy about the garden wars. Red hood's death, which should be heavy enough to make "the load of black souls ... too much to bear", along with the power gained from absorbing Gran Guignol (originally Mary Sue's power) should lead to Grimm becoming able to create and participate in the garden wars.
I imagine the timeline is like: pre bs 2 stuff > loop 65 (loop where we as the player start at) > various endings besides G end which all get reset by looping > G end > returned to the library and go to dlc 3 > H end. Looping isn't perfect, some stuff persists like Grimm's children and Red hood missing her arm.
Regardless of all this, in an Toro already confirmed he was thinking about making BS 3 (alongside 2 side games related to black souls) while working on dlc 3. Rereading the interview it seems like work on those 2 games (maybe just one but has 2 ideas for what it could be? not 100% sure) will begin once he is finished working on his touhou game. And after those BS 3 probably.
If you are curious, one of the ideas for those 2 games in involving Red Hood. Since the games are intended to lead in to BS 3, I feel like this is unlikely unless she comes back somehow or it takes place some other time besides post H end. For example, what was she doing between BS 1's D end (where she is notably absent after the fight with Baphomet) and Loop 65? In G end she said she had already learned about Grimm's tragic heroine thing as well as her own limited lifespan. The other idea is involving the Demon Princesses from BS 1. Considering Mary Sue's escape, this seems like it would work. They are originally her creation. If they are still somehow alive maybe she will turn to them for help or somehow use them to restore her power.

Reactions: susyluny and dd777

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Red hood is missing her arm? I thought
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or maybe Im just drunk af
In G end when she appears in the "real world", it looks like one of her arms missing, her right arm specifically. There's blood dripping and the cape itself is torn off.
In H end when she tries to save grim, she uses her left arm and her cape on the right side is behind the ledge but looks a bit fluffed out like it was torn. She could just be holding on to something off to the side instead though.
Also, in the H end CG, Grimm is specifically on her left side, where she would still have a hand to hold. Not really supportive of the theory but it would be consistent.
Finally, her high sen form is missing an arm although it's the opposite one. In game it can appear as either arm though since the sprite can be flipped randomly when the battle starts or if you go in the equipment menu.

Beckz

May 11, 2020
So the sequel was planed indeed. Good to know something worth to wait for.

Now it kinda remind me, in this game.

The Nightmare spirit are all IRL character, Dream and Madness Spirit had a title to search for.

So, is all the Heroine in this game also from Fairy Tale? Or they were made up?
Black Trial and Maid Victoria might be made up.
The 1st BS Heroine, They are all from famous fairy tale. But almost all heroine in this series kinda never heard of before. Like Mary, Sisha, Dodo, Bill, Node, Mabel and etc.

Or am I just left out?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019

The Nightmare spirit are all IRL character, Dream and Madness Spirit had a title to search for.

The 1st BS Heroine, They are all from famous fairy tale. But almost all heroine in this series kinda never heard of before. Like Mary, Sisha, Dodo, Bill, Node, Mabel and etc.

Or am I just left out?
Most if not all characters are all book / writing related.
Mary Sue is every writer's inside joke.
Grimm is probably from the Brothers Grimm (authors I think?)

Beckz

May 11, 2020
Most if not all characters are all book / writing related.
Mary Sue is every writer's inside joke.
Grimm is probably from the Brothers Grimm (authors I think?)
Yeah, Mary Sue is like alter ego of Author.
For example in "Hint" text file, the Q&A section are dialogue of Mary Sue as Question and the Author as an Answer.

And Grimm are definitely from Brothers Grimm, the Fairy tale collector. Which is
more reason every heroine loves him.

PS : the Mary that I mention is a Bunny girl on Lutwidge town bar btw.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
And Grimm are definitely from Brothers Grimm, the Fairy tale collector. Which is

Oh yeah, I forgot that she existed after doing hew new CG.
This is probably far off but I wonder if she's a reference to the Bible's prostitute named Mary Magdalene.

I wish we can get the whole BS 1 and 2 crew for BS 3.
No justice for my BS 1 favorite Jeanne, she just went poof here in BS 2, at least the harpy's referenced by Mini harpy from Humpty Dumpty so the suffering when killing the chic is a lot more hellish.

Last edited:

Beckz

May 11, 2020

Oh yeah, I forgot that she existed after doing hew new CG.
This is probably far off but I wonder if she's a reference to the Bible's prostitute named Mary Magdalene.

I wish we can get the whole BS 1 and 2 crew for BS 3.
No justice for my BS 1 favorite Jeanne, she just went poof here in BS 2, at least the harpy's referenced by Mini harpy from Humpty Dumpty so the suffering when killing the chic is a lot more hellish.
I hope so, In game Grimm always hoping to save everyone he couldn't.

But maybe it will never happen, since the game's ending are always lead to Tragedy. Or they might be a BS 4 instead to prolong the story.

Well, aside from that I still can't helped but curious of all heroine's origin...

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

Or am I just left out?
Some are references, some aren't. Of the ones you named:
Mary (the rabbit) is original probably
Sisha is the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland
Dodo is from Alice in Wonderland
Bill is original
Node is most likely Nodens from Cthulu mythos. Also plays the role of the white rabbit (guided red hood) and the white queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Mabel is played by Yog-Sothoth from Cthulu mythos but the Mabel character is from alice in wonderland.
Of the black trial, Miranda is original(her ghoul name is not though), Hein is the personification of death in some parts of europe, Baphomet (black goat of thousand young) and Lindamea have origins in Chthulu mythos.
Victoria is original although the one in BS 2 is not the same Victoria as the one from BS 1 who is a copy of the former.

As you can see, most characters are either Alice in Wonderland or Cthulu in origin.

Reactions: dd777

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Bill is original
Node is most likely Nodens from Cthulu mythos. Also plays the role of the white rabbit (guided red hood) and the white queen from Alice in Wonderland.
Mabel is played by Yog-Sothoth from Cthulu mythos but the Mabel character is from alice in wonderland.
Of the black trial, Miranda is original(her ghoul name is not though), Hein is the personification of death in some parts of europe, Baphomet (black goat of thousand young) and Lindamea have origins in Chthulu mythos.
Victoria is original although the one in BS 2 is not the same Victoria as the one from BS 1 who is a copy of the former.

As you can see, most characters are either Alice in Wonderland or Cthulu in origin.
I think most are Alice in Wonderland in BS 2.
BS 1 has a lot more diverse cast.

Mar 26, 2019
Bill is original

Bill is lizard Bill from Alice in Wonderland

Reactions: sonhot

marqus

Oct 5, 2019
Hello is my first comment and I wanted to ask if someone have a walkthrough for all the new things in the DLC 3? I refer to the things that are new in the base game.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes