4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Restia985

Jan 14, 2018
I'm saying you might lack write permissions to the folder the game is in or you should check that you have admin privileges (or run the game as admin).
How do I check the writing permission? Think I can’t run the game as admin since the option doesn’t appear. (It does appear with other games tho).

edit: Managed to do it, I think! Had to check a few things but its all good now, thanks for the help!

Last edited:

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
Hey yall, so Im following the walkthrough link in the first page and realize that my character had been "Undead" the whole time. So I restart the game and did the "BEGIN" guide which suggested that my character should be in "Human" status.

1646558500068.png

1646558536745.png

As you can see here, my character is in "Undead" status instead of "Human" as suggested from the guide.
Not only that, but I tried to use "Girl's Scent" on my other save but nothing happens (as in I can't use the item). This inevitably causes Red Riding Hood not to appear from the mirror in that save which I will ditch for now until I find a way to fix this current problem (I don't mind going through many re-run at this point lmao). Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hey yall, so Im following the walkthrough link in the first page and realize that my character had been "Undead" the whole time. So I restart the game and did the "BEGIN" guide which suggested that my character should be in "Human" status.

View attachment 1689778

View attachment 1689779

As you can see here, my character is in "Undead" status instead of "Human" as suggested from the guide.
Not only that, but I tried to use "Girl's Scent" on my other save but nothing happens (as in I can't use the item). This inevitably causes Red Riding Hood not to appear from the mirror in that save which I will ditch for now until I find a way to fix this current problem (I don't mind going through many re-run at this point lmao). Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.
I think that's a misunderstanding, he's always been undead.
1646558978189.png
The one he's talking about is you having this debuff after dying which you can remove via girl's scent.
1646559018911.png

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

View attachment 1689778

View attachment 1689779

Red hood depends on sen

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
Dang, Im starting to think that I suck at following guides. Welp time to restart this bad boy back to square 1
Found the problem. In previous run I pulled down the lever inside the Cemetery's basement which messed up progressions (I accidentally mistaken it as the cave that has the Dark Matter enemy in it and got curious about the lever). Fourth run and the Red Riding Hood finally came out of the mirror

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Playing this for the first time, after finishing the 1st one a couple of days ago, and gotta say it's great. The devs definitely got the horror feeling down. Especially in the mental ward I went "fuck no!! :( " a couple of times :p
Unlike the first one, I'mma play this one without guide first, so please no spoiler. I wanted to ask one thing, though: do deaths affect anything? Because it didn't seem that way in the first one, and in this one there's the chaos labyrinth where you die repeatedly.
I'm still fairly early in the game (currently bouncing between the city with the mental ward and the shroom woods, have not crossed the bridge west from the city yet).
Also curious about both this game and the first one: Is there a monsterpedia or something? Because I really dig the artstyle for the monsters and would like it if there was like an encyclopedia on them :)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Playing this for the first time, after finishing the 1st one a couple of days ago, and gotta say it's great. The devs definitely got the horror feeling down. Especially in the mental ward I went "fuck no!! :( " a couple of times :p
Unlike the first one, I'mma play this one without guide first, so please no spoiler. I wanted to ask one thing, though: do deaths affect anything? Because it didn't seem that way in the first one, and in this one there's the chaos labyrinth where you die repeatedly.
I'm still fairly early in the game (currently bouncing between the city with the mental ward and the shroom woods, have not crossed the bridge west from the city yet).
Also curious about both this game and the first one: Is there a monsterpedia or something? Because I really dig the artstyle for the monsters and would like it if there was like an encyclopedia on them :)
Heh, you think the mental ward is scary? The ones at DLC 3 made me quit for a while.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Death doesn't affect anything EXCEPT your first death which sends you to the library and gives you the crash chamber bonfire as well as allows you to get the tyrant ring from the difficulty statue in the library. I would advise staying away from the chaos dungeon until you finish most, if not all, of the main game unless you don't mind trivializing the rest of the game. It's very easy to get super powerful in there.
There's no monsterpedia but there is the artist's (for a majority of the enemies) . The dev did the art for a few major enemies, like 3 nightmares, Butcher, Edith, Jack, Headhunting Beast and more. You could use rpgmaker decrypter to get the images if you just want that, just watch out for spoilers.

Reactions: Fmal

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Death doesn't affect anything EXCEPT your first death which sends you to the library and gives you the crash chamber bonfire as well as allows you to get the tyrant ring from the difficulty statue in the library. I would advise staying away from the chaos dungeon until you finish most, if not all, of the main game unless you don't mind trivializing the rest of the game. It's very easy to get super powerful in there.
There's no monsterpedia but there is the artist's (for a majority of the enemies) . The dev did the art for a few major enemies, like 3 nightmares, Butcher, Edith, Jack, Headhunting Beast and more. You could use rpgmaker decrypter to get the images if you just want that, just watch out for spoilers.
Yeah I noticed that, it's easy to just grind away in the chaos dungeon, had to force myself away from there after gathering some 500k souls and a dozen of each coloured one XD Made to conscious decision not to use them all at once :p
Aye, I was hoping for clearer pics, without the effect fog, and I really like the little in-game descriptions of the monsters some games make, so I was hoping there was something like that for those monsters :)

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
So I've Been playing this game for quite some time and Iam honestly suprised at how well the writing is. Not many game can make me laugh, cRy, angry, scared and horny at the same time (I only read "on-surface" dialoques from NPCs but its still enjoyable). Haven't finish yet, and Im kinda regretting looking Up walkthrough on the get-go instead of experience the game as intended. But honestly, I dont think I could handle the countless amount of "YOU DIED" screen eitHer so might aswell just continue with it. With that out of the way, anyone has any "wiki" of some sort where I can read Black Soul 2's lore? (Haven't try Black Soul 1 yet, will do that once I finish 2) would prefer if the site has an option to black out spoilers. Thank you for reading this!

Yes the capitalized text was "BRUH"

DomovoiHD

Nov 3, 2019
So I've Been playing this game for quite some time and Iam honestly suprised at how well the writing is. Not many game can make me laugh, cRy, angry, scared and horny at the same time (I only read "on-surface" dialoques from NPCs but its still enjoyable). Haven't finish yet, and Im kinda regretting looking Up walkthrough on the get-go instead of experience the game as intended. But honestly, I dont think I could handle the countless amount of "YOU DIED" screen eitHer so might aswell just continue with it. With that out of the way, anyone has any "wiki" of some sort where I can read Black Soul 2's lore? (Haven't try Black Soul 1 yet, will do that once I finish 2) would prefer if the site has an option to black out spoilers. Thank you for reading this!

you'll get plenty of lore by just scrolling through this thread

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
alright yall. so rn Im at the part in the walkthrough guide where it says:

RIPON GRAND CATHEDRAL

- Talk to the NPC ; buy 51 of EVERYTHING from her

- Take the bonfire to Spore Forest

and I couldnt find an NPC that sells anything inside the cathedral (besides Cat Lady and Red Riding Hood). Any idea what could this mean? Thanks

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
There's two npcs you could buy stuff from in cathedral, Bill (who is probably not being referred to as Bill sells spellbooks) and Blackwell. Blackwell should appear there if you leave and come back. She just sells blood transfusions which aren't super amazing or anything.

Davebig

Sep 27, 2021

Poor you, Why not play BS1 first. If you finish BS2 you can almost guess what happen next in BS1 and they spoil ending. You won't have the feeling of 'pure' first interaction wwith this game. And some character in BS2 get a great date back to BS1 and you can't understand why it's sad or what happend, some character, trauma, ending heart broken, The truth, You miss all of it. EX: have you ever wonder what the rabbit knight is saying?, why red riding hood is special?, she's not affected by sense, why she talked to us like we know her a long time, why there's option to punch the little fairy in the chamber? and many more. in My advice is stop now and go play BS1 first.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes