4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Darkyan97

Jan 5, 2018
It took me 60 hours but I finally finished the game and got the True Ending. Man the endgame was pretty brutal on Diff 9, but I really enjoyed it. The ending destroyed me though. Loved every second of the story and lore!

Sooo, from what I gathered from the game the story looks something like this, correct me if I'm wrong. (Sorry this will be a very long one)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WOW this was a wild ride!
Can't wait for Black Souls III! See you in 2030 I guess!

Last edited:

patrickhhh

Jul 28, 2018
Is there any news about the translation's progress? I have been waiting for years for the game to be completely translated but it seems to be a fading hope at this point.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
It took me 60 hours but I finally finished the game and got the True Ending. Man the endgame was pretty brutal on Diff 9, but I really enjoyed it. The ending destroyed me though. Loved every second of the story and lore!

Sooo, from what I gathered from the game the story looks something like this, correct me if I'm wrong. (Sorry this will be a very long one)

WOW this was a wild ride!
Can't wait for Black Souls III! See you in 2030 I guess!

Glad to see someone else was pulled in by Toro`s BS games.

I will try to add/respond to some of your stuff. A lot of things kinda hinge on your pov. But nonethless others will jump in if i get some things wrong. (Seen that i also overlooked the whole Kuti & Oyster connection)

Darkyan97

Jan 5, 2018
Glad to see someone else was pulled in by Toro`s BS games.

I will try to add/respond to some of your stuff. A lot of things kinda hinge on your pov. But nonethless others will jump in if i get some things wrong. (Seen that i also overlooked the whole Kuti & Oyster connection)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Thanks for the fast reply!

Its really hard to pin point the exact order of events or a timeline regarding BS0.
We know Reds game was Mary Sues trial run before she moved on to TCO stage.
When did TCO go mad due the concept of love corrupting it? Which allowed Mary Sue to take over the Garden.
Before that Alice/Prickett & Grimm/Caroll went on various adventures.
Was Grimm already created as the perfect durable puppet for eldritch Wonderland or just Caroll in knight armor?
This is another rabbit hole leading to insanity that may be not really important in the first place & Grimm is just Grimm for the sake of the story they fabricated in the first place to experiment on them.

Hard to tell. Assuming Grimm can fix himself from Mary Sue`s implanted curse/trait + stop the other Cosmic Horrors before Azathot wakes up. We may even get a new "vessel/customasation options" so to speak if Mabel/Yog stays true to its words. (Aint no way Mabel/Yogh is dead dead. I dont believe it. Q_q)
The Chick from Humpty Dumpty already proved that Grimms innate ability to absorb/collect/grant souls is the devils luck/his saving grace. Possibly saved all the previous heroines/characters he killed in BS1 inside his own soul/power.
So if theory turns out to be true Grimm can fight alongside all the old companions in the "final showdown/all out war".
Heck maybe even Hellkaiser joins us after killing it enough times :p. (Or Toro as a joke turns Hellkaiser also into a dragongirl.)

But before all of that Toro plans after RedDeathHood`s release to work on the 4 Demon Princesses side game & then tackle BS3. And who knows what happens between this & that Toro could just come up with even more side games.
(Full horror visual novel when make the dream come true Toro PLS)

Hyped nonetheless & still finding new stuff/sidequest outcomes in BS2 :D
Seriously i missed all of Vernai & JackOLanterns side quests in all of my 4 runs.
Heck if it wasnt for dedicated people like Phenir who wrote done guides/resources for fans i would still be clueless about a lot of content. It doesnt help that BlackSouls2 has no wiki besides the japanese one.
Tho to be fair the JP one is really good. It has a list dedicated to the possible Eldritch Monsters/OuterOnes/Great Ones connection each character has. For example TheCrawlingGirls = Nyarlathotep etc.
If i remember that correctly the last time i looked into that they even had ? on some of them if characters are unclear or unsure.
How they tracked down JubJub, Jabberwock & Banderstnatch is super interesting. So even with google translate or DeepTL its worth to check out for some extra info/lore.

Ahhh its hard to fill the hole BlackSouls left behind after reaching the end. I did find some games that are similar with impact or themes. But overall its truly a unique game. One of the true gems/diamonds hidden in the ocean of RPG-Maker games.

PS: Yes i hope we can punch Mary Sue really hard in BS3 one last time. Or even better a full on suplex of devastation ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkyan97

Darkyan97

Jan 5, 2018
Its really hard to pin point the exact order of events or a timeline regarding BS0.
We know Reds game was Mary Sues trial run before she moved on to TCO stage.
When did TCO go mad due the concept of love corrupting it? Which allowed Mary Sue to take over the Garden.
Before that Alice/Prickett & Grimm/Caroll went on various adventures.
Was Grimm already created as the perfect durable puppet for eldritch Wonderland or just Caroll in knight armor?
This is another rabbit hole leading to insanity that may be not really important in the first place & Grimm is just Grimm for the sake of the story they fabricated in the first place to experiment on them.

Hard to tell. Assuming Grimm can fix himself from Mary Sue`s implanted curse/trait + stop the other Cosmic Horrors before Azathot wakes up. We may even get a new "vessel/customasation options" so to speak if Mabel/Yog stays true to its words. (Aint no way Mabel/Yogh is dead dead. I dont believe it. Q_q)
The Chick from Humpty Dumpty already proved that Grimms innate ability to absorb/collect/grant souls is the devils luck/his saving grace. Possibly saved all the previous heroines/characters he killed in BS1 inside his own soul/power.
So if theory turns out to be true Grimm can fight alongside all the old companions in the "final showdown/all out war".
Heck maybe even Hellkaiser joins us after killing it enough times :p. (Or Toro as a joke turns Hellkaiser also into a dragongirl.)

But before all of that Toro plans after RedDeathHood`s release to work on the 4 Demon Princesses side game & then tackle BS3. And who knows what happens between this & that Toro could just come up with even more side games.
(Full horror visual novel when make the dream come true Toro PLS)

Hyped nonetheless & still finding new stuff/sidequest outcomes in BS2 :D
Seriously i missed all of Vernai & JackOLanterns side quests in all of my 4 runs.
Heck if it wasnt for dedicated people like Phenir who wrote done guides/resources for fans i would still be clueless about a lot of content. It doesnt help that BlackSouls2 has no wiki besides the japanese one.
Tho to be fair the JP one is really good. It has a list dedicated to the possible Eldritch Monsters/OuterOnes/Great Ones connection each character has. For example TheCrawlingGirls = Nyarlathotep etc.
If i remember that correctly the last time i looked into that they even had ? on some of them if characters are unclear or unsure.
How they tracked down JubJub, Jabberwock & Banderstnatch is super interesting. So even with google translate or DeepTL its worth to check out for some extra info/lore.

Ahhh its hard to fill the hole BlackSouls left behind after reaching the end. I did find some games that are similar with impact or themes. But overall its truly a unique game. One of the true gems/diamonds hidden in the ocean of RPG-Maker games.

PS: Yes i hope we can punch Mary Sue really hard in BS3 one last time. Or even better a full on suplex of devastation ;)
You've got me intrigued. Can you tell me how can I access the JP wiki?
PS: I swear if we don't get to ride Hellkaiser into battle while teaming up with Lindamea in BS3, I'll riot :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Beyo

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Comiies was faster than me but yes thats the Wiki. The list section with all the references to Alice in Wonderland-Lovecraftian creatures should be under "small stories" if you use google translate.
There are also guides but only semi-usefull because of the imperfect translation tool.

Reactions: Darkyan97

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Those stats are mega overkill even for diff 9. You could probably just equip twin angels and spam normal attack and win.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
God's angels I mean. Twin axes suck, worst weapon in the game except under very specific scenario.
You probably got hit by joker which is 100% hp damage I think. Use whittled ring or sho covenant or just kill first 2 phases before it gets used.
Why are you using deep sea knight armor when you're almost at stat cap? You could use onimusha for more crit or windless wrap for 100% physical evasion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lover Of Waifus
Jan 10, 2020
God's angels I mean. Twin axes suck, worst weapon in the game except under very specific scenario.
You probably got hit by joker which is 100% hp damage I think. Use whittled ring or sho covenant or just kill first 2 phases before it gets used.
Why are you using deep sea knight armor when you're almost at stat cap? You could use onimusha for more crit or windless wrap for 100% physical evasion.
I LOVE YOU

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Is going to happen anyway, with any option, if you have the prickket ring on you inventory you unlock the next ending
I always have that ring on me. What do we miss out on if we don't have it?

Kibo

Mar 19, 2018
does the op have the version with the new songs or old ones. I got a friend playing and would prefer if he got the old one.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes