4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

rasberrybaret

Nov 4, 2022
Are there missable things like in BS1? I mean things getting blocked by simply progressing.
yes, there's multiple paths you can choose to see different things and unless you feel like moving at a snail's pase you'll inevitably miss one thing or another. just occasionally slow down and revisit areas you've already cleared.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Are there missable things like in BS1? I mean things getting blocked by simply progressing.
As rasberrybaret above me mentionend. There are various triggers & event flags. In your main hub area there are white lanterns above the "door". The more of them light up the more progess is made(by killing boss enemies). Tho worth to mention as well resting at bornfires triggers progess etc. in new areas.
Depending on your route good or really bad things can happen.

BSI in that regard was a lot more forgiving if you fucked up some stuff. BSII is harsher on you overall.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
BSI in that regard was a lot more forgiving if you fucked up some stuff. BSII is harsher on you overall.
Fuuuuuuck...

yes, there's multiple paths you can choose to see different things[...]. just occasionally slow down and revisit areas you've already cleared.
Gah! My paranoia!!!

Multiple paths... as in multiple ways to get to the target or story routes?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Fuuuuuuck...

Gah! My paranoia!!!

Multiple paths... as in multiple ways to get to the target or story routes?
The world is a bit nonlinear, the starting area for example has 3 exits that lead to different areas and those areas can eventually lead back to each other, unlike bs 1 which basically had several branches with no connection to each other. The world is also quite a bit larger so it's easy to miss events.
I'd recommend playing blind on your first playthrough expecting to make some blunders and then following a guide on ng+. The one in the op is sufficient for most of the game but it does not cover dlc 3. I wrote a guide for dlc 3 though so search for that once you get to it. You WILL need to do NG+ regardless as some endings cannot be done without it.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
You WILL need to do NG+ regardless as some endings cannot be done without it.
Can't I reload just as in BS1? Because if not then THANK FUCK I like it that way better... I always feel like playing 100% first time if there isn't any extra in NG+ because I just can't be bothered to replay most of the time...

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You cannot, it absolutely requires NG+. One of the endings requires another ending to have been gotten and that ending itself requires NG+ as it has requirements that have to be done in the previous run. Thankfully, there is a significant run speed buff in this game so you can go very fast. If you know where you are going, it takes like an hour to run to an ending.

Reactions: Cross Zero and Beyo

zackrin6

Jan 5, 2020
if anyone is reading this please help me I meet with victoria the maid but after the battle she just keeps doing the kill and taking my heart I really need help I want her as a normal charecter not someone I need to kill or get killed by help

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
if anyone is reading this please help me I meet with victoria the maid but after the battle she just keeps doing the kill and taking my heart I really need help I want her as a normal charecter not someone I need to kill or get killed by help
If you use the search function for additional details feel free to just use the keyword Victoria.

From my notes i wrote down.
I talked to her and made "love". Cleared the mini game section with her at max arousal & got my heart eaten. I choose the vague sweet nothing`s dialog options.
Respawn at Hanover Station and go to her again. Victoria is suprised i am alive-undead tldr conversation.
Unlocked the covenant option. Now you can at your own pace see all the scenes then move on to the next covenant lvl till 3.
If i remember that correctly for the main trigger/event flag you need to make her heart go "doki-doki" inside the combat mini-game.

Hope that helps but dont take it as gospel. This is from my doc notes & there could be more triggers past me wasnt aware of.

danddoan

May 11, 2022
Hi, the guide says that there should be an npc here but there is no one. Is this normal ?
(Pumpkin house in infinite food)
Ps: i'm not talking about the ghost
excuse my stupidity but how are you playing on mobile??? Can the first game also be played on mobile???

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Alright, here's a mystery for you all. In DLC 3 Cheshire can appear at each bonfire, but there seems to be a flag to make her not appear (or perhaps a flag to make her appear). Any ideas? It does not seem to be progression related nor related to if you defeat her behind the white door.

excuse my stupidity but how are you playing on mobile??? Can the first game also be played on mobile???
Probably joiplay.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Alright, here's a mystery for you all. In DLC 3 Cheshire can appear at each bonfire, but there seems to be a flag to make her not appear (or perhaps a flag to make her appear). Any ideas? It does not seem to be progression related nor related to if you defeat her behind the white door.
Huh could it be related to Chesire`s scene you get in a ng+ in the dungeon? I only remember if you ignore/progess Chesire just disappears from that spot. Its missable if you dont visit the dungeon. But that shoulndt be tied to DLC3/Winterbell right?

CloningClown

Apr 10, 2020
Bill sells spells. That's the covenant NPC in the cathedral.
Thanks a lot. Since I'm on my first play, and by how I messed up. When I follow the guide and come to her room which should be present Bill and Griffy, only bone left. It seems like I triggered some conditions that lead to a bad end, so now I must engage the cat to go to end A, then start the 2nd cycle.

CloningClown

Apr 10, 2020
how do we get the secret scene for one of the twins, also how do we prevent the other one go mad and killing her sister?

(also, do we have discord for the black souls series?)

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes