4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

nam2amna

Mar 21, 2020
Do anyone have encountered "leaf" in the chaos dungeon? I saw her on a layer identical to the starting dungeon of bs1, then the next layer was the same but se didn't reaperar, apparently it was an one time encounter?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Do anyone have encountered "leaf" in the chaos dungeon? I saw her on a layer identical to the starting dungeon of bs1, then the next layer was the same but se didn't reaperar, apparently it was an one time encounter?
just one of the nods toro has in bs2.Hell in CD we also have elmas father that,after buying smt from him he tells us to "Take care of his little girl" which stings a bit ngl.Or how in an interaction with golden goose(the baby chick) she tells us smt akin to "I hope you dont betray me this time" nodding back to gooses ending in BS1.So yea Toro does these little nods

doom1445

May 8, 2019
dumb question that may have already been answered by someone somewhere in these 414 pages: does the newest update got dlc 3, or is it just saying DLC 3 is in th making/being translated?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Yes it's included. The download on the OP has the full game including dlc 3. The file is even called black souls 2 dlc 3 lol.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Does anyone have a clue how to beat old king? Checked guides that said to break, but in my game, the old king always casts the insta-death spell and then I die right afterward.

I have 7378 speed and 5365 luck, 13966 attack as well. I also always have "Deep Sea Knight's Anchor +5" equipped, and have its special ability "indignation" on at all times. Do i need to grind until I get my speed up to like 30,000 or something?

Also, even when I successfully breaked him (it happened once)! autodeath killed me WHILE he was breaked??? WTF

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Does anyone have a clue how to beat old king? Checked guides that said to break, but in my game, the old king always casts the insta-death spell and then I die right afterward.

I have 7378 speed and 5365 luck, 13966 attack as well. I also always have "Deep Sea Knight's Anchor +5" equipped, and have its special ability "indignation" on at all times. Do i need to grind until I get my speed up to like 30,000 or something?

Also, even when I successfully breaked him (it happened once)! autodeath killed me WHILE he was breaked??? WTF
Agility soft caps at 3990. At that point, your atb bar fills in one frame, the fastest possible. Additional agility is only useful for countering debuff and reductions from armor and duchess as well as for attacks that scale from it. You still want to use indignation though since its +1 action per turn.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

noyoucmon

Jul 27, 2023

I can't recall his luck stat off the top of my head, but if yours is high enough another strategy to try is

• Hey there
Reactions: zinwaz

alteros

Jul 25, 2018

You need like 10k~ luck to make sure your breaks land since it's technically a status and your odds of inflicting statuses is determined by luck. Once you have that though you just gotta make sure to break every mirror image, typically for each turn doing just one attack to keep it from regenerating too much hp and then using all your other actions to break should work. Very important, break the MIRROR IMAGES, not the main boss. Main boss just sits there regenerating hp. If you don't have enough actions it's honestly worth it to just use breaks on everything and whittle him down after. If it's any consolation you probably only need to get up to like 7.5k luck and then let buff items do the rest.

[Edit] Unless you're talking about the insta death early on, for that one he hits you with an attack that gives you a hidden status, something like you've been planted with deathseeds or whatever, that triggers an insta kill later. This means you either need to have requiem ready to survive the insta kill attack when it goes off ( I think it's when he gets to half hp?), or 100% dodge so that you don't get hit by the initial status attack in the first place. 100% dodge is probably the easier option since normal dodge already gives you 70% so you just need 30 from equipment. You don't even need Abhorrent Wrap, you can do Phantom Thief's Mantle + Griffin shield and you get to keep the ability to heal. Sadly this doesn't work against the Zex Calibur or whatever it is, that one just kills you no matter what so you have to break or you die.

TL,DR: Get to 10k luck to land your breaks and try again. There's 3 insta kills, one you can either dodge or requiem through, one you have to break, and the end where you have to spam break over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You don't need 10k luck. You just need to be within 1k luck of the boss, which this one has 3996 (+50% during rage). Enemies charging up usually get like a 1000x weakness to break so as long as you are within the 1k luck range, you will always land break.
You don't need 100% dodge because the dodge status itself prevents you from being afflicted with the status effect.

alteros

Jul 25, 2018
Agility soft caps at 3990. At that point, your atb bar fills in one frame, the fastest possible. Additional agility is only useful for countering debuff and reductions from armor and duchess as well as for attacks that scale from it. You still want to use indignation though since its +1 action per turn.
oh I forgot about enfield gravity, yeah you gotta dodge that one. Honestly if you've gone that far into the chaos dungeon hopefully you have multiple black rabbit rings, at this point I was just using dodge and guard every turn to cover my bases and then using my other actions for attacks or buffs.

HeresyBait

Jun 10, 2020
Is there any easily missable things that straight up lock you out of certain stuff? I'm asking about stuff like those rat bastard bread crumbs in DS1

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
Anybody know how to cheat in Inaba's tale? I missed it at the start of my playthrough and I REAAAAAAAALLY don't want to go through a whole other playthrough to get it

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Anybody know how to cheat in Inaba's tale? I missed it at the start of my playthrough and I REAAAAAAAALLY don't want to go through a whole other playthrough to get it
You cheat it in by realizing you're gonna miss things in blacksouls but that's just part of the game. Missing a fairy tale isn't that big a deal anyway.

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
You cheat it in by realizing you're gonna miss things in blacksouls but that's just part of the game. Missing a fairy tale isn't that big a deal anyway.
I already beat this game once, including DLC (save for DLC 3).
Plus, aren't all fairy tales required for G ending?

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes