4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
No, they are not. All you get for collecting the fairy tales, besides the dream souls for individual ones, is a choice of reward from Node. You can choose from: 1 million souls; a slab, 50 watches, 10 candy, and 10 girl's scent; a white rabbit ring; or an hscene with her in her swimsuit. Every item from that list can be gotten in the chaos dungeon and reaching G end allows you to unlock all hscenes in the room of reminiscence.

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
How are you guys boosting your stats so high? Are you just collecting obscene amounts of souls and buying the colored ones from Node?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
How are you guys boosting your stats so high? Are you just collecting obscene amounts of souls and buying the colored ones from Node?
There's various methods of grinding souls. The easiest would be taking +5 storm ruler at the 0 sen enemies in crash chamber. Crank the difficulty as high as you can as long as you are one shotting them. If you have rabbit keys, the rabbit area is good too. After those would be fighting Miranda. At as high a difficulty as you can win by mashing z. Then there's the chaos dungeon. The main dungeon is alright but the real stat grind is the boss rush. Doing the full thing gets you like 18 million souls (with double drop from prickett or silver ring) + you get like 30 outer one souls as an additional reward at the end. You end up getting around 1500 stats per run after converting the souls to black souls.
You don't want to buy colored souls. Buy black souls from either Hein or Mabel. All types of black souls have the same stat per soul spent so just buy whichever.

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
Hein as in the train conductor dude? Mabel has pricier ones, but you can only buy from her inside the Chaos Dungeon itself.

I'm having trouble with Depth 3 on the boss rush. The Smelter demon is totally kicking my ass.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Hein as in the train conductor dude? Mabel has pricier ones, but you can only buy from her inside the Chaos Dungeon itself.

I'm having trouble with Depth 3 on the boss rush. The Smelter demon is totally kicking my ass.
Yeah, the train conductor. He sells black souls and tainted black souls.
If you can't get past smelter demon, there's no way you're getting past the rest of the rush.
Buying outer souls (chaos dungeon) is the most cost-efficient choice :)
They are all the same cost efficiency, it's just tedious to repeatedly buy stacks from hein.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Yeah. I'd have to check for the exact number but I think it's like 30% cheaper to buy one black soul than buy 1 of each color soul.

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
Unrelated, but does anyone have a pic with grim and red hood sitting near unconscious Leaf? He also has hammer in his hand. I know i saw it here, but lost it

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Anybody know how to cheat in Inaba's tale? I missed it at the start of my playthrough and I REAAAAAAAALLY don't want to go through a whole other playthrough to get it
If you're invested in the game enough that you've cleared DLC 2 and 3, the original content for Black Souls II up to the G end only takes like 20 min lol

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
I picked mother alice at the start but at the end she turned into daughter alice, what triggers the change? Because I'd gone into the room way before and my choice was still normal

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
What face did the girl make? This line is displayed when you inspect the camera at the entrance of Queensland. Depending on your answer, your Alice will change form.
The first time I beat the game, I killed Alice because she wasn't the one I picked at the start.

noyoucmon

Jul 27, 2023
I already beat this game once, including DLC (save for DLC 3).
Plus, aren't all fairy tales required for G ending?
Yeah, but tbh the 2nd lap becomes way easier than the 1st.

As the other poster said, if you're hitting a wall here then you're not going to survive the rest yet since you're barely past the halfway point of the entire rush iirc. Work on grinding up souls in Chaos Dungeon and with other bosses. Also you might want to start putting in time on getting higher-end gear from weapon upgrades like Guardian Bunker, Kishingtana and boss weapons like Wand of R'lyeh, Rotten Scythe Jabberwock, Mad Bow Jubjub, Deep Sea Knight's Anchor. Some of them are almost a necessity for the later rush fights, and the bosses that have them will be a good warm up in the meanwhile.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
When Alice pulls Grimm out to reality I just think, what even is reality to Grimm? He was created in this fantasy land from a supposed collection of souls from authors. Which also doesn't make sense because if Lewis Carroll's soul was actually taken as material for Grimm, was it simply because he made a wish? Doesn't that imply ALL the authors Grimm is composed of made a similar wish? That sounds unlikely. Is Mary Sue just able to take souls willy nilly from the real world then? If she/they could.. Why not do that? I assume that is Red Hood in the bed at the end due to the hair color. She was created in the fantasy land too, why does she have a 'reality' counterpart as well? Also, is Grimm really safe in reality if Mary Sue was able to take souls from the real world? Maybe she didn't take souls then and merely copied the authors to create Grimm, but that goes back to... what is reality to Grimm if he has absolutely no real life counterpart?

There just seems to be a lot of conflicting ideas in this series or there's just some key information I'm not seeing here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Phenir

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I don't know for sure about most of that but Red hood does mention how things are going in the real world in one of her bonfire dialogues, which implies the outer ones creations have an effect on the real world. Possibly the ambiguous "ability to create" is the ability to make things that affect the real world? Although it seems from some text it's a rare ability but at the same time the garden wars and their consequence are a thing. I guess some outer ones have the ability and the others are just clinging on.
I do like the theory that Mary Sue didn't use the actual authors souls but just copied them. We already see something like that with Victoria and Alice herself. Perhaps they can't interfere with souls so easily without possessors of said souls gathering their attention somehow or its difficult to manipulate them as is. Alice and Grimm got the attention of Nyarly and Mary with their wishes. Jabberwock gave Mary fairy tales so she should know about the other authors from those and we don't really know what happens to souls after death in this universe, they could just be drifting around waiting to be picked up. Mabel talks about keeping souls in her box. As for difficulty manipulating, it seems like Mary Sue had to go through some trouble to get Lewis' soul into a usable state according to some text during the Liddel House.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
I don't know for sure about most of that but Red hood does mention how things are going in the real world in one of her bonfire dialogues, which implies the outer ones creations have an effect on the real world.
I scoured her dialogue and can only see this as being what you may be referring to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think she's referring to reality (actually she specifically refers to reality in a different dialogue in the first DLC). I think she might be talking about other gardens not directly connected to this conglomeration. Here is her later talking about reality itself:
So I don't think they have a direct effect. That's why I said 'from a supposed collection of souls from authors' as I do believe Mary Sue copied them rather than actually stole their souls, but I do leave it at the benefit of the doubt because I still can't figure what reality Grimm really can return to if he was never 'real'. Same with Red Hood (except that she conceptually belongs to a fairy tale made in the real world). It made more sense to me that Mary Sue would just copy them anyways as her whole shtick seems to be copying and altering what already exists. That they are unable to truly create which is why they rely on Grimm. Mary Sue's dialogue in reaction to Lewis' wish also didn't seem definitive on her taking his soul. It could be just some JP-EN shenanigans but it seems more open-ended:

I think her reaction was also just her loving the idea of this 'tragedy'. Typical Mary Sue stuff.

Again, too much conflicts with other things though. I get the feeling the lore was either carefully crafted or crafted carefree.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes