4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Most likely the fate of Red hood's soul will be answered in Dead Red hood. Depends on when it takes place but I'm fairly certain it takes place after BS 2. I think it'll either take place in the time gap between when Grimm cuts his arm in H end to when he escapes the fleshy prison and reunites with her or it takes place after her death and she is actually finding a way out of the underworld. And I mean, with a name like Dead red hood, how could it not concern her death?

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Why not?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We have no info on the criteria that mabel uses to judge which souls to add to her collection.By the end of DLC3 she also is in love with us so doing something that would antagonize us that badly is completely out of the question.Also mabel is ALWAYS straightforward with what she wants or thinks about(as weve sen throughout the game) so if at ANY point she wanted reds soul she would say so in the very beginning.Plus even if we ignore all of that its a completely random assumption based on nothing other than "Ye mabel could do it and she is pretty mysterious so why not?" which isnt speculation,but plain assumption on my wife.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Most likely the fate of Red hood's soul will be answered in Dead Red hood. Depends on when it takes place but I'm fairly certain it takes place after BS 2. I think it'll either take place in the time gap between when Grimm cuts his arm in H end to when he escapes the fleshy prison and reunites with her or it takes place after her death and she is actually finding a way out of the underworld. And I mean, with a name like Dead red hood, how could it not concern her death?
I believe DRW will take place between BS1 and BS2 because theres this unexplained gap between the 2 games where red matured and got saved by node.The game fits too perfectly into place for it NOT to take place between the 2 games.

Also if we suppose that it takes place during grimms alice hell experience,that would mean that she was searching for a way to free us.While that is probable,its not that likely since,as i said the previous scenario fits too well,plus theres been no foreshadowing or mention of something that could help red free us or anything of that sort,as opposed to the gap between the 2 games.Plus if the second games plot ISNT about saving grimm but IS after BS2 that measn that we have a whole "Red revived and went into adventuring" scenario which again has no foreshadowing or mention in the series so Toro would have to build it up from scratch.Im not saying he cant do it,but everything that has happened as of now(with some exceptions like DLC3) has been foreshadowed to various degrees

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
We have no info on the criteria that mabel uses to judge which souls to add to her collection.By the end of DLC3 she also is in love with us so doing something that would antagonize us that badly is completely out of the question.Also mabel is ALWAYS straightforward with what she wants or thinks about(as weve sen throughout the game) so if at ANY point she wanted reds soul she would say so in the very beginning.Plus even if we ignore all of that its a completely random assumption based on nothing other than "Ye mabel could do it and she is pretty mysterious so why not?" which isnt speculation, but plain assumption
Couldn't she do it for Grimm?

plain assumption on my wife.
Dude... I'm not judging, but some eldritchussy got you acting unwise.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Couldn't she do it for Grimm?
Im assuming she coudnt because our soul is incredibly special in man ways.But even if she could she has no reason to tbh.

Also also

Mabel is love Mabel is life

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Im assuming she coudnt because our soul is incredibly special in man ways.But even if she could she has no reason to tbh.

Also also

Nah, I don't mind characters dying, but I do mind enjoying speculation and uncovering truth, just like in Higurashi.

Well... it's your choice... hahaha...
1705181967939.png

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I believe DRW will take place between BS1 and BS2 because theres this unexplained gap between the 2 games where red matured and got saved by node.The game fits too perfectly into place for it NOT to take place between the 2 games.

Also if we suppose that it takes place during grimms alice hell experience,that would mean that she was searching for a way to free us.While that is probable,its not that likely since,as i said the previous scenario fits too well,plus theres been no foreshadowing or mention of something that could help red free us or anything of that sort,as opposed to the gap between the 2 games.Plus if the second games plot ISNT about saving grimm but IS after BS2 that measn that we have a whole "Red revived and went into adventuring" scenario which again has no foreshadowing or mention in the series so Toro would have to build it up from scratch.Im not saying he cant do it,but everything that has happened as of now(with some exceptions like DLC3) has been foreshadowed to various degrees
The main reason I think it takes place after BS 2 is Lindamea's line after his fight where he states he will rebuild the Black trial. DRH revolves around Red hood working for a new Black Trial. I suppose DRH could end with the Black Trial being destroyed again though and the same line does sound like he's familiar with Red hood.

Also also

It's not that she can't but more that she hopes it doesn't come to that as that would ruin her plans regarding the garden wars and the end of existence. And Grimm is a true immortal so he isn't dying any time soon. She does say she promises to protect his soul if "a future comes where all of existence alienates" him so it sounds like it is within her power to do so.
Good taste though, Mabel is a strong second place for me

Reactions: p23rklo

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
The main reason I think it takes place after BS 2 is Lindamea's line after his fight where he states he will rebuild the Black trial. DRH revolves around Red hood working for a new Black Trial. I suppose DRH could end with the Black Trial being destroyed again though and the same line does sound like he's familiar with Red hood.
Even if thats true(Which i doubt) Toro will have to write a coherent way for red to not only revive but for whatever reason want to rebuild the black trial instead of spending her time having sex with grimm.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Well if the Ci-en post is true. (Was it like end of 2022?). It will start a little bit before BS2 then it leads into it. Plus whatever the timeline of the bonus VN/slice of life" game/mode is with Red & Grimm.
Lindamea even gave Grimm a warning regarding Reds "sins".
Under the assumption she died in reality & her soul ended up in one of the various underworld planes. I believe the world/city was called Agastia? (The underground continent legend)
From all the devlogs it seems like once Red hunts down enough sinners to pay her price/debt. Lindamea`s new Black Trial will grant her a second life or chance at it. Or the debt referes only to her "sins".
It makes sense to me regarding that the Black Trial is all about Death & Judgement.

Overall the Black Trial seemed like a sort of clean up service for the various Garden worlds "sinners".

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Even if thats true(Which i doubt) Toro will have to write a coherent way for red to not only revive but for whatever reason want to rebuild the black trial instead of spending her time having sex with grimm.
She doesn't rebuild it, it's already built. The new members have already been introduced in .

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Well if the Ci-en post is true. (Was it like end of 2022?). It will start a little bit before BS2 then it leads into it. Plus whatever the timeline of the bonus VN/slice of life" game/mode is with Red & Grimm.
Under the assumption she died in reality & her soul ended up in one of the various underworld planes. I believe the world/city was called Agastia? (The underground continent legend)
From all the devlogs it seems like once Red hunts down enough sinners to pay her price/debt. Lindamea`s new Black Trial will grant her a second life or chance at it. Or the debt referes only to her "sins".
It makes sense to me regarding that the Black Trial is all about Death & Judgement.

Overall the Black Trial seemed like a sort of clean up service for the various Garden worlds "sinners".
Wow, I looked at the progress posts about DRH...

Will be funny if I got that wrong as well.

*sigh*
FMhPTFtaMAYIlw-.png
She said in BS2 that she killed many innocent people with Grimm but I don't understand it.

Last edited:

p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
1705202819906.png
Since Ending D is Canon Final Ending in BS1, it seems that all heroines barring red hood got killed in the "final loop".

So yes there is a bit of a mix when it comes to Grimm comitting Hotel Poseidon atrocities. He DID commit them in a previous loop (ending C), but in the final loop wherein Red Hood survives (Ending D) he did not kill any of his lovers in hotel poseidon (thus red hood telling Grimm that he did not commit those acts, since she does not remember/ he technically did not kill them in the final loop/End D).

Leaf basically thanos snapped all 8 heroines in BS1 and exploded them. Victoria = a clone/copy of actual victoria in BS2. Elma = dead/fairy tale rewritten and pickable, Jeanne = dead/fairy tale pickable, Catherine = turned into a fairy tale/ summonable in BS2 but different version of her/no memories of BS1. Goose = dead/different version fairy tale in BS2, Dorothy = shows up in flashbacks but dead/fairy tale obtainable, Miranda = dead, corpse eaten by corpse eater (I don't really know how there is a corpse of her left after getting exploded by leaf). Elizabeth = dead but her fairy tale resummoned her in BS2 with possibly no memories of BS1.

Interestingly enough even though you did not find the other heroines/interacted with them prior to getting Ending D, then they still show up in this cutscene (I did not meet Miranda, nor did I have summon Elma/Goose/Catherine)

So that's all the "final fate" of the BS1 heroines, with red hood being able to dodge leaf's control/summons. Thus Grimm got turned into a breeding stud for 65 loops, while red hood is looking for Grimm and wants to kill TCO to free Grimm.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022

12.JPG
I am assuming you are reffering to this.Im not an english major or anything but this acts like a warning.

"Choose to live as a sinner" meaning Lindamea doesnt consider her a sinner,"amd ill hunt you down without mercy" the threat.

We know from multiple characters in multiple occasions(Most important one is My third wife jabber) that the soul darkens by commiting sins,and that our soul is so dark that we have her full interest in nurturing us,because she wants to consume it.Now we know that in DRW red kills a lot of things,be it real or not that does not matter since we also killed many many things in leafs garden that constitute as fake but our soul still got darker(plus theres the SIN count).Point is this is interesting since Lindamea seems to not consider Red killing these sinners something worth making herself a sinner.Also also dnt forget that as far as red was concerned(IIRC carol river dialogue) Lindamea never expressed any hostility to her,she also prolly met him at least once or somehow aquired information about him since she said that he "wants to rebuild the black trial" which is something to put in the corner of our minds.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
View attachment 3261021
Since Ending D is Canon Final Ending in BS1, it seems that all heroines barring red hood got killed in the "final loop".

So yes there is a bit of a mix when it comes to Grimm comitting Hotel Poseidon atrocities. He DID commit them in a previous loop (ending C), but in the final loop wherein Red Hood survives (Ending D) he did not kill any of his lovers in hotel poseidon (thus red hood telling Grimm that he did not commit those acts, since she does not remember/ he technically did not kill them in the final loop/End D).

Leaf basically thanos snapped all 8 heroines in BS1 and exploded them. Victoria = a clone/copy of actual victoria in BS2. Elma = dead/fairy tale rewritten and pickable, Jeanne = dead/fairy tale pickable, Catherine = turned into a fairy tale/ summonable in BS2 but different version of her/no memories of BS1. Goose = dead/different version fairy tale in BS2, Dorothy = shows up in flashbacks but dead/fairy tale obtainable, Miranda = dead, corpse eaten by corpse eater (I don't really know how there is a corpse of her left after getting exploded by leaf). Elizabeth = dead but her fairy tale resummoned her in BS2 with possibly no memories of BS1.

Interestingly enough even though you did not find the other heroines/interacted with them prior to getting Ending D, then they still show up in this cutscene (I did not meet Miranda, nor did I have summon Elma/Goose/Catherine)

So that's all the "final fate" of the BS1 heroines, with red hood being able to dodge leaf's control/summons. Thus Grimm got turned into a breeding stud for 65 loops, while red hood is looking for Grimm and wants to kill TCO to free Grimm.
Well red is aware of the cycles so her not having memories of them may or may not be a thing.It really depends on how you interpet that hotel poseidon comment.Now as for the fate of our heroines,well.

As you said Victoria was a clone of original Viktoria(using K to diffiricient them) and we killed that clone.Something very important for the future to note about Viktorias case(and some others characters) is the White room.
Elma was just your avg fairy tale twisted by leaf.
Jeanne was an IRL person that got her soul snatched by leaf and put into this world.
Catherine the same.
Goose the same although TCO creating a new copy of her with memories of her ending from BS1 rlly rubs salt on the wound.
Dorothy bros(like me) are coping hard.Dorothy was also an IRL person that got soul snatched by leaf and put into this fairy tale.(She was the little girl at the asylum logs.((And while yes she says that she was a man thats because leaf manipulated her memories into thinking that she was the Wizard of Oz,the strongest sorcerer in the world,which is her "true form" when we fight her)) so thats that).
Miranda is extremely important since when we find "her" in BS2 we are introduced into the concept of ghouls.Now i dont know how familiar you guys are with HP mythos but i would reccomend reading up on it to improve your understanding of some themes in the games,and because its good of course.Now then what are ghouls.Ghouls are beings born from an outer god(usually) that,when consuming someone inherit their memories fully,that of course means that they become that person since they believe they are that person.So mirandas corpse washed ashore the beach and got eaten by a ghoul(Now you could ask "How did a ghoul appear out of nowhere?".A valid question yes but one that is answered plenty and more in DLC3.I can go into deeper length about it if you so please.)
Elizabeth first appeared in RRW as reds grandma.Of course she was supposed to kill red and end this fairy tale but red succeeded.So leaf decided to curse her(the "Die at 18" curse) because she was extremely frustrated with her and then left her be,dying a very slow and inevitable death.She appears once again in BS1 having no memories about RRW.She just posseses an unexplained hatred of red.Finally in BS2 its the same situation but in that case in her dying moments she manages to understand that everything she knew was fake and that leaf manipulated her.

And finally the way the later events procedeed are as you said.TCO invades leafs garden after it got weakened by grimm,steals him,wipes his memory clean and puts him in HER garden to begin the eternal play of romance that she so desperately wants and she also imprisons leaf.64 cycles pass by where we endlessly breed new beings into existance(I have a theory why that is but i will talk about more thoroughly if someone is confused by the events of DLC3) and then cycle 65 happens.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Also also dnt forget that as far as red was concerned(IIRC carol river dialogue) Lindamea never expressed any hostility to her,she also prolly met him at least once or somehow aquired information about him since she said that he "wants to rebuild the black trial" which is something to put in the corner of our minds.
Her carrol river dialogue is:
"Remember the black knight, Lindamea?
Even with the Black Trial destroyed, he hasn't given up on the pursuit. He was looking for you too.
...Though, as expected, it's doubtful that he would follow you even here."
I'm pretty sure this is the only dialogue she has regarding the Black Trial. She doesn't indicate to know anything about Lindamea's plans other than that he is searching for Grimm which isn't exactly surprising. It's Lindamea that states he wants to rebuild the Black Trial, right after the line you posted.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Her carrol river dialogue is:

I'm pretty sure this is the only dialogue she has regarding the Black Trial. She doesn't indicate to know anything about Lindamea's plans other than that he is searching for Grimm which isn't exactly surprising. It's Lindamea that states he wants to rebuild the Black Trial, right after the line you posted.
Oh yea i missremembered.Apologies

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
"Choose to live as a sinner" meaning Lindamea doesnt consider her a sinner,"amd ill hunt you down without mercy" the threat.
Point is this is interesting since Lindamea seems to not consider Red killing these sinners something worth making herself a sinner.Also also dnt forget that as far as red was concerned(IIRC carol river dialogue) Lindamea never expressed any hostility to her,she also prolly met him at least once or somehow aquired information about him since she said that he "wants to rebuild the black trial" which is something to put in the corner of our minds.
From the DLC3 encounter & the screenshot you posted these are the only things that connect/show Lindamea`s interest towards Red.
Plus the Ci-en images with the rebuild Black Trial & Toro`s comment.
Red is apparently sort of forced to join/work for them for the time being. So whatever she did/counts as sin for the Black Trial to blackmail her into that situation. We dont really know more than that.
Toro mentionend the main action of the game is Red hunting down sinners, "assasine creed style", for the Black Trial. Either by tempting them with her body or straight up stealth kills etc.
As in no classic JRPG elements like BS1 & BS2.

It makes sense to me if all of that happens after BS2. Red dies gets into the underworld. Black Trial judges her actions during life & now is forced by the Black Trial to work for them. I can only guess they gave her a deal because of Lindamea sort of vouching for her combat skills. "If" Lindamea is the new leader. Or its a situation of they still lack manpower & turns out Red is a great asset to have on their side.
Goose the same although TCO creating a new copy of her with memories of her ending from BS1 rlly rubs salt on the wound.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
From the DLC3 encounter & the screenshot you posted these are the only things that connect/show Lindamea`s interest towards Red.
Plus the Ci-en images with the rebuild Black Trial & Toro`s comment.
Red is apparently sort of forced to join/work for them for the time being. So whatever she did/counts as sin for the Black Trial to blackmail her into that situation. We dont really know more than that.
Toro mentionend the main action of the game is Red hunting down sinners, "assasine creed style", for the Black Trial. Either by tempting them with her body or straight up stealth kills etc.
As in no classic JRPG elements like BS1 & BS2.

It makes sense to me if all of that happens after BS2. Red dies gets into the underworld. Black Trial judges her actions during life & now is forced by the Black Trial to work for them. I can only guess they gave her a deal because of Lindamea sort of vouching for her combat skills. "If" Lindamea is the new leader. Or its a situation of they still lack manpower & turns out Red is a great asset to have on their side.

Oh yea toros comment about DRWs gameplay is unique.Well i still doubt it since that would mean that Toro,with no prior foreshadowing created a way for red to be revived which is by itself a huge addition to how souls truly work in the game.But for now lets just pray that the game will come out before summer

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes