4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Since the game is long, I don't blame you getting cold feet at starting NG again.
Just think of it like you giving Grimm some respite he deserves instead of have to do another cycle ;v
Then again, play it like however you want, it's your game, follow ppl way of doing thing will transform it into a chore.

I do have some conflicting feel about the game getting popular, one side it's good that Toro is getting praises and sales he's absolutely worthy of, another side is like Fear and Hunger, Undertale , It can attractive bunch of weirdos and kinda ruin the fandom that I want to stay away from. So far F95 fans of the game are pretty chill and fun to have conversation with.
Don't lose DETERMINATION.

Gterus

Nov 24, 2018
Since the game is long, I don't blame you getting cold feet at starting NG again.
Just think of it like you giving Grimm some respite he deserves instead of have to do another cycle ;v
Then again, play it like however you want, it's your game, follow ppl way of doing thing will transform it into a chore.

I do have some conflicting feel about the game getting popular, one side it's good that Toro is getting praises and sales he's absolutely worthy of, another side is like Fear and Hunger, Undertale , It can attractive bunch of weirdos and kinda ruin the fandom that I want to stay away from. So far F95 fans of the game are pretty chill and fun to have conversation with.
Yeah, it's fun to discuss the game here, even if I'm getting kinda frustrated by Common Guy's theories lmao (sorry dude haha). At least you know everyone here enjoys the game one way or another.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
>take a break for a week
>thread has grown nearly a dozen pages

...not that I'm in any position to say anything about this, but - ye gods.

Speaking of lore autism: did anyone already bring up Lovecraft's Crawling Ones?

Most people in this thread just assume that TCO = Nyarlathotep one-on-one and leave it at that. Which isn't necessarily wrong - but there's some stuff about the Lovecraftian Crawling Ones that lines up really well.

I mean, the Lovecraftian Crawling Ones? That's what happens when worms and maggots eat the corpse of a sorceror. The residual unnatural energies in the corpse will contaminate the critters, and then they will become a hivemind shaped by what's left of the sorceror's mind and memories.

Now look at TCO. Suppose TCO is a messy hivemind that became Alice (sort of) in much the same way as that a Lovecraftian Crawling One becomes a messy reflection of the sorceror whose corpse it ate.

Of course TCO is an Outer One instead of a mere maggot swarm. But if you picture TCO as a hiveminded swarm of eldritch horrors that works much like a maggot swarm Crawling One, then the comparison still holds up pretty well. Not to mention that what we see of TCO during the backroute and the H ending certainly looks a lot more like a swarm than a singular entity.

Then there's Prickett. During one of the bear stories in Winterbell, Node matter-of-factly states that Prickett used to be 'part of' TCO. That part would also work best if TCO is a hiveminded swarm. Each entity is a node in the network, and is thus both its own thing and part of the collective. Most of these nodes/entities are subsumed into the collective, and are thus little more than a distorted reflection of Alice. Prickett is then simply a node/entity that managed to disentangle itself and go her own way.

...but then, what about the TCO = Nyarlathotep stuff?

I'll admit that there's solid arguments in favour of that one, too. TCO originally being a trickster (as per Mabel), and the monsters that Alice can turn into if you choose to kill her at 0 SEN. The part about having a black void for a face is another hint.

But the two don't have to be mutually exclusive, though. Toro happily merges and conflates major characters (Lorina Liddell and the Queen of Hearts; the White Rabbit and the White Queen, and also with Nodens; Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper and prince Leopold) - so he's probably not above merging different Lovecraftian things as well.

EDIT: speaking of the 'has a black void for a face'-thing - the same is true for the mental ward patients... What does that say about them? Could they be minor fragments of TCO? Or are they previously normal people who are slowly being absorbed into TCO?

Last edited:

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
While i do not have the energy to correct some stuff. Because it feels like the language barrier is unbreakable.
Plus as i posted last time the last 400+ pages have a vast amount of information/resources to read up on the lore & hidden connnections for true "insight".

"SEN"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Omnom88

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
>take a break for a week

Most people in this thread just assume that TCO = Nyarlathotep one-on-one and leave it at that. Which isn't necessarily wrong - but there's some stuff about the Lovecraftian Crawling Ones that lines up really well.

I mean, the Lovecraftian Crawling Ones? That's what happens when worms and maggots eat the corpse of a sorceror. The residual unnatural energies in the corpse will contaminate the critters, and then they will become a hivemind shaped by what's left of the sorceror's mind and memories.

Now look at TCO. Suppose TCO is a messy hivemind that became Alice (sort of) in much the same way as that a Lovecraftian Crawling One becomes a messy reflection of the sorceror whose corpse it ate.

Of course TCO is an Outer One instead of a mere maggot swarm. But if you picture TCO as a hiveminded swarm of eldritch horrors that works much like a maggot swarm Crawling One, then the comparison still holds up pretty well. Not to mention that what we see of TCO during the backroute and the H ending certainly looks a lot more like a swarm than a singular entity.

Then there's Prickett. During one of the bear stories in Winterbell, Node matter-of-factly states that Prickett used to be 'part of' TCO. That part would also work best if TCO is a hiveminded swarm. Each entity is a node in the network, and is thus both its own thing and part of the collective. Most of these nodes/entities are subsumed into the collective, and are thus little more than a distorted reflection of Alice. Prickett is then simply a node/entity that managed to disentangle itself and go her own way.

I'll admit that there's solid arguments in favour of that one, too. TCO originally being a trickster (as per Mabel), and the monsters that Alice can turn into if you choose to kill her at 0 SEN. The part about having a black void for a face is another hint.

But the two don't have to be mutually exclusive, though. Toro happily merges and conflates major characters (Lorina Liddell and the Queen of Hearts; the White Rabbit and the White Queen, and also with Nodens; Sherlock Holmes, Jack the Ripper and prince Leopold) - so he's probably not above merging different Lovecraftian things as well.

EDIT: speaking of the 'has a black void for a face'-thing - the same is true for the mental ward patients... What does that say about them? Could they be minor fragments of TCO? Or are they previously normal people who are slowly being absorbed into TCO?
I'm not sure but I think there's one point in the game where TCO is actually called out as Nyarlathothep

Also the patients is (kinda?) explained in DLC3, Star Fluid and whatever it is that Florence was trying to cure that I can't remember rn.

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
did you try to kill her or did you mess up with Shisha? Or are you at 0 SEN?

If it's any of those, the first 2 are only fixed if you start a new game+ and the latter by increasing your SEN (like having seggs)

Levanbinhan

Oct 18, 2023

If it's any of those, the first 2 are only fixed if you start a new game+ and the latter by increasing your SEN (like having seggs)

Oh, i'm at sen 0. Thanks. So when sen 0 is like that for most characters? According to the instructions, sen must be 0 or below to meet the redhood, so maybe I have to accept this. Thank you again.

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Oh, i'm at sen 0. Thanks. So when sen 0 is like that for most characters? According to the instructions, sen must be 0 or below to meet the redhood, so maybe I have to accept this. Thank you again.
Yes, however if you're trying to meet Red Hood and haven't done so already I'm afraid that's not gonna happen anymore on that playthrough.

I can see the furball running around Dodo so I assume you've already progressed far into the game (past Progress 1), Red Hood can only be met right at the beginning of the game after you kill the Head Hunting Rabbit (the first boss), she'll jump out of the mirror past him (at Progress 1, anything above that won't trigger it).

But if you're at SEN >0 she'll look like a Wolf and you'll never see her again wether you defeat her, lose or run away from it. Unless you did already meet her and I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
Some scenes + characters (might/mightnotbe endings) will change if you have 0 Sen but normal NPCs will just act weirdly , speaking gibberish.
I recommend if it's your first run, try the game out without guide, in NG+, f95 has really great guide for you to use for 100% so don't worry about missing stuffs.

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
but then, what about the TCO = Nyarlathotep stuff?

Then there's Prickett. During one of the bear stories in Winterbell, Node matter-of-factly states that Prickett used to be 'part of' TCO.

speaking of the 'has a black void for a face'-thing - the same is true for the mental ward patients... What does that say about them?

Also I'm concerned about why exactly if your SEN is low, almost every character (even simple NPC's) saying gibberish, same as .

Last edited:

Levanbinhan

Oct 18, 2023
Yes, however if you're trying to meet Red Hood and haven't done so already I'm afraid that's not gonna happen anymore on that playthrough.

I can see the furball running around Dodo so I assume you've already progressed far into the game (past Progress 1), Red Hood can only be met right at the beginning of the game after you kill the Head Hunting Rabbit (the first boss), she'll jump out of the mirror past him (at Progress 1, anything above that won't trigger it).

But if you're at SEN >0 she'll look like a Wolf and you'll never see her again wether you defeat her, lose or run away from it. Unless you did already meet her and I misunderstood.
Yes, you're right. Thanks for letting me know that

Levanbinhan

Oct 18, 2023
Some scenes + characters (might/mightnotbe endings) will change if you have 0 Sen but normal NPCs will just act weirdly , speaking gibberish.
I recommend if it's your first run, try the game out without guide, in NG+, f95 has really great guide for you to use for 100% so don't worry about missing stuffs.
Thanks for giving me advice

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
>take a break for a week

Possible that Toro also knows about that stuff. Thats more the rabbithole of how much you want to dig/assume the author/creator intentions. Toro of course takes tons of creative libertys. Comes with the package of mixing Dark Souls, Fairy Tales & Eldritch Horror.

sswwwwss

Apr 23, 2018
I remember it, I just want to collect as many information as possible.
It makes SENse that SEN determines Grimm's perception of the Dream and when SEN is <1, almost every character is saying gibberish, like TCO. (perhaps important detail)
Mabel said that it takes a great effort for Outer One's to make their words understandable for a human.
You can also see how much tainted the soul of characters is at 1< SEN, yet someone said that it is possible to make impenetrable illusion.

Hmm...

So SEN is Grimm's affinity towards Outer One's perception, perhaps exclusively to TCO's since it is now his turn to play. Perhaps it is true that SEN relates to affinity towards TCO's intended perception of the Dream for Grimm. TCO's red eyed keepers telling Grimm literally to press a famous button FUCK GO BACK, to return SEN points.

Though you can see differently colored eyes when 1< SEN. If TCO's eyes are red, Node - yellow, Mabel's - blue, whom eyes are green? I thought it was TCO's, but now...

Though, once again, I don't understand why Grimm was supposed to see Red Hood as a monster if SEN is positive, since TCO, in my opinion, intended to see Grimm interacting with Red Hood. Why? Because TCO is happy when Grimm finally not chooses three Alices in the opening, and this is important in order for TCO to meet Grimm. And what is the reason to place keepers, if they are only demotivating to be at positive SEN? If this is TCO's game, it's quite dumb, or was it vice versa, very smart of him?
Your schizo idea about TCO = Red Hood made my little brain trembles, you know. Given how little I know and still remember about the lore.
Such, It's uncanny how Red Hood resembles Alice, how her background provides a reasonable explanation for her inhuman persona despite being originally human, how she survived the reset while Miranda, another human, couldn't, and how she seems to be a convenient girl to propel the plot forward and prevent the plans of whoever hopes to trap Grimm. Many making she looks sus.

One last thing I want to say before I become somewhat schizo.

I hope it's not too much potato english.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4771842

Mar 24, 2022
Your schizo idea about TCO = Red Hood made my little brain trembles, you know. Given how little I know and still remember about the lore.
Such, It's uncanny how Red Hood resembles Alice, how her background provides a reasonable explanation for her inhuman persona despite being originally human, how she survived the reset while Miranda, another human, couldn't, and how she seems to be a convenient girl to propel the plot forward and prevent the plans of whoever hopes to trap Grimm. Many making she looks sus.

Mary Ann said that Red Hood is a failure, and EMMM's first game is about Red Hood. Can we interpret that Red Hood was initially planned and supposed to be an Alice made of human, but failed?
She might be the original Alice(?) created by Mary Ann, intended for NTR Grimm from TCO, or perhaps just as a replacement for the Alice actor. After TCO reclaimed the garden, it saw potential in Red Hood and decided to remake her as a side project because the main one seemed to be going to Alice eventually.
Another idea, maybe TCO had already influenced Red Hood before BS1 as an initial plan to reclaim Grimm or coincidentally altered her during the reconstruction of the garden.

All in all, I don't think your thoughts are entirely schizo. I mean... BS1-2 have Alice as core of everything

but the H ending wrapped up all of Alice's story. After all, we found her at the end. SHE was Alice, isn't Alice and can't be Alice anymore. If EMMM completely deletes Red Hood from the big picture as well, BS3 would have to start from the ground with no trace of Alice at all. How could we save Alice if there's no Alice to save? So, if Red Hood somehow becomes the second coming of Alice, it makes sense.

iirc, Red Hood can't resurrect like others because she isn't a pure fairy tale character. When she dies, she dies. She also isn't a fully outer god because she's a failure; when she dies, her existence ends with her life. I'm confused about how she's still alive after we killed her in BS1, given my knowledge about these things. I believe she's alive because the garden is a closed world placed outside of time and logic, so she couldn't die if the owner doesn't want her to. However, I'm not sure, so someone please Correct me.

If Mary Ann can considered Red Hood as her child, then.... Red Hood also able to considered Mary Ann as her Mother, right?
If yes, in the scene when Red Hood said about WHO created her... she mention to TCO as mad god and Mary Ann as mother, right?
At that point of G Ending, Red hood was creation of THEM, right!?
And Red Hood said it's only Grimm who created her, not TCO nor Mary Ann.
If it's not just some result of romantic moment between broken girl & heartful love man within the loop.

Is it possible...Red Hood at that time is not the same Red Hood in Red Hood's woods and BS1?
Could each game's Red Hood have been altered by outer gods, used, and then discarded?
Before Red Hood's woods, she was created and altered by Mary Ann.
Before BS1, she was altered by TCO.
Before BS2, she was altered by Grimm? using his semen like he did to outer gods? Or coincidental by GG.

The perfect wife is the one you created. The perfect little girl is the one you groomed, I see.
In BS3 we might get notRed Hood, the Grimm's creation made of Alice, I guess. Maybe our child.
Surely "Red Hood won't live past 20", but notRed Hood could. We have no Alice to save anymore, but if we have new Alice...

Jubjub mentions to WHO?
Perhaps she meant Red Hood, which is really more important than Jub-Jub.

Good luck reading all of that :3

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

One last thing I want to say before I become somewhat schizo.

I hope it's not too much potato english.

Red hood survived reaching wonderland because Node helped her. Node helped her because Node is quietly undermining crawling one while pretending to serve it.
Red hood is a failure because she turned her tragedy into a victory. She was supposed to die at the end of Red riding woods but she turned it around.
When Mary asks "what gets your body going", she's asking what her motivation is. Nothing to do with Red's limited life span since she hadn't yet revealed that fact.
Mad god = Mary Sue, Mother = Elizabeth. She's simply stating she has no loyalty to anyone other than Grimm, her original creator.

BTW word of god says the Red hood in G end is really truly Red hood, not anyone pretending to be her or anything. Red riding woods Red hood and BS 1 Red hood are 100% the same Red hood (she recognizes heinrich and he recognizes her, same move set as well) and most likely the same as bs 2 (moveset again, hotel scene, and travel assist from Node. Also Red hood is the only companion not present during any ending in bs 1, she gtfo before things went south even in her character ending and she will give up her fairy tale willingly, instead of fighting, under the right conditions and in D end she isn't present at all in the cutscene even if you summon her in battle).

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes