4.80 star(s) 76 Votes

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Perhaps I will be a single one, who don't recommend playing fan content. You may risk mixing information from different games.
I believe it will happen... more than one time.

Though, people who played Black Souls recommend playing New Project and N. P. C. Dreams (I don't have a link, sorry, and the game has bad translation as far as I know).
Takamakuran Mentioned. All their games are gems.
I recommend playing all of them in chronological order as follows:
MY]R -> A New Game -> Mercenary's Adventure

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mr. Cofman

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Do you need to play the First one to play this one?
Overarching lore/plot and several characters that appear in both games.
Like, BS2 is almost a direct sequel of BS1. It's like watching Star Wars Return Of The Jedi, skipping the other two films in the Trilogy.

maxdrell

Jun 7, 2017
Do you need to play the First one to play this one?
Up to you really, compares to how deep down the rabbit hole you are aiming for. You can get a vast majority of the game by itself, but you will not notice the return cameo's and you won't get the history behind Red Hood (who is actually from an earlier game than BS1, the longest running character of the game creator and is the closest thing to the main heroine of BS2) and a certain faction in the game who played a much larger role in BS1 and may seemingly come out of left field without that context in the endings. Finally, the main villain from BS1 will be massively spoiled if you play this one first.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 76 Votes