4.80 star(s) 79 Votes

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Thats like asking if a square or triangle is stronger.
Or the immovable object vs the unbreakable force.
The concept of death doesnt even apply to cosmic horror gods in the first place. At best its like a cooldown until they respawn or what you actually defeat is just a chunk of flesh that acted as a avatar/extension of the main body.

Its less how strong is one compared to the other and more. How long does it take for one of them to give up because the other side annoyed them long enough to move on.
While BS takes heavy inspiration from Lovecraft, there's nothing implying the Old Gods can't be killed, especially because Mabel says we got rid of Baphomet

Also GG is a mechanical god made from an ability so it's not like it's an actual Old God

Reactions: Omnom88

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Her power isn't rewinding the garden, TCO also does it, her power is Change.
Wasnt the entire point of GG to be the actual key behind rewinds? Cause obviously even with the TCO 'defeated' time still rewound, i find it odd that GG being given this specific function for no reason when TCO can also do it

Idk what the point of mentioning this is but for clarification, she didn't intend for him to escape, TCO is just stronger than Leaf.

In the Chaos Dungeon we learn that her ability is indeed unique to her
To clarify the difference between proactive and reactive rewinds, maybe i should've gone into more detaill, but i tend to yap alot so i try to limit myself.
There's no reason to believe Grimm even has a resistance to time related abilities, Mary and by extension GG, would have to fight someone in the slightest, unless you have a specific counter to time, you'lljust be eternally stalemates

GG was made to be used by them as a mechanical god
I- that's still a god? Are you forgetting that Grimm fusing with GG makes him a bonafide old ones in the ending?

Also GG is a mechanical god made from an ability so it's not like it's an actual Old God
It's not made just from a specific ability, but from Mary's entire power, and given that her abilities are anomalous that she isnt the weakest, and if that isnt the case it doesnt make sensse that Grimm only becomes an old one when he fuses with GG, sure, you can argue he's somewhat on their level of power, but if 'time' manipulation is the only thing that turns him from a skeleton to that weird tentacle thing than i'd be even more confused

I'd still give it to TCO since Mary was somewhat afraid of TCO, this can just be seen as a trauma thing, technically abusers dont even have to be stronger than you, just implant fear into you, but ill just go with the notion that Mary is afraid because she cant do anything because she's weaker, and GG being made from her wouldnt change a difference

There's also how in ending F both of them

Vismok

Feb 27, 2018
Just asking where can I find the full family tree picture for black souls(that isn't blurry)?

I found a blurry version of it:

Then I come across a incomplete version(but it's clear and not blurry) of it here in one of the comments when I scroll down:

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/10/2127849_Family_tree.png

I tried using google lens and saucenao to look for it but I didn't get the results I'm looking for(I'm asking here cause the incomplete version png is posted in this site/f95).
Here

I can't post directly because the image is too large for the server to process.

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
At the end it also depends how far Toro takes the cosmic-horror themes. But we have yet to see a real death of an Old One or Outer One. Even Hellkaiser that son of a bitch refuses to die. So i would hold my horses.
This is even more apparent when you consider Yog is supposed to be the fabric of reality? With her dead wouldnt that just go poof? Im not too versed in eldritch stuff but obviously reality wasnt just azatoth's dream and yog is the one who makes up reality itself, assuming im not wrong or misremembering

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I'm pretty sure, that one is a spawn of her and not the actual Baphomet or even a "shadow" of her
Edit: this is it's entry "Spawned, the twin Great Ones inherited their mother's will. They would create a new Garden and an organization, and begin the hunt for black souls.".
I'm not sure it would be talking about the twins if it was meant to be bapho

I didn't mention mabel exactly because of what you said and since she's related to yog she could just be built different but sure, I'm on the train of not assuming things, especially on the franchise that has a lot of unanswered stuff
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Wait or is this another instance of me missremembering the bossfight inside the Chaos Dungeon and its a Shrub and not Shub-Niggurath. I only managed to trigger that encounter once so my memory could be faulty here!
Not really misremembering, it's just that Baphomet's fight it's The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young while in the Chaos Dungeon it's just Black Goat

I would ask what do you think are these things. Or rather their true nature? Remnants? Shadows? Copys? Illusion? Time travel version because of Yog`s ability to travel-connect between/the past,present & future.
Idk tbh I never really gave it much thought, I reached the Sleeping God and after reading it's description it was just
"Eh. Why is it in here then?" and moved on

I guess my current stance on it would be since the gardens are like stories then what's left of them in the chaos dungeon would be their pages, but that doesn't really old up for several reasons so I'll go with your idea of "shadows"

It's funny that quoting and replying to in-line spoiler doesn't censor them so it's kinda redundant...

Last edited:

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Not really misremembering, it's just that Baphomet's fight it's The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young while in the Chaos Dungeon it's just Black Goat
Huh that is tricky. Because the Black Goat(Male) is a entity that is one of Shub-nigguraths grown up children(mature shrub). I believe we seen it in BS1 at the cave entrance. The horny-rapey goat demon. So thats interesting context i either forgot or overlooked.
However it being the same fight...hmm. I still think for the narrative of the whole family dynamic it still makes the most sense to me that its Baphomet lore. Thus "Baphomet". Because Baphomet took over when the sibling who was implied to be the previous leader of the Black Trial died. Aka the whole tie into Mary Sue watching her sibling die(and my assumption it was refined-transformed in death into Mary Sues unique power. Because that could tie into Nug & Yeb and their whole deal when they combine into 1 being. Thus the whole "thrown into the gears")

Idk tbh I never really gave it much thought, I reached the Sleeping God and after reading it's description it was just
"Eh. Why is it in here then?" and moved on

I guess my current stance on it would be since the gardens are like stories then what's left of them in the chaos dungeon would be their pages, but that doesn't really old up for several reasons so I'll go with your idea of "shadows"

It's funny that quoting and replying to in-line spoiler doesn't censor them so it's kinda redundant...
Yeah the extra effort to once again input the spoiler code is kinda annoying.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
That's Lust Demon Satyr and he's also in the Chaos Dungeon the item it drops it's a penis
Yeah and for some reason we can consume.....use it. But yeah i always thought the demon goat was a neat reference by putting it right in front of the cave entrance which leads to the BlackTrials lair.
Similar to how you seen the aftermath of the Witch Forest where the Demon Glinda summonend was utterally corrupted by Baphomet.

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
Mabel could solve all of Grimm’s problems if she wanted, but if she uses her power, the Idiot will awaken. If she’s that powerful, how does she end up trapped before the final battle of the game? Could she be a acting? Maybe she just wanted to motivate Grimm?
Can’t she just hide in her garden at least?

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Mabel could solve all of Grimm’s problems if she wanted, but if she uses her power, the Idiot will awaken. If she’s that powerful, how does she end up trapped before the final battle of the game? Could she be a acting? Maybe she just wanted to motivate Grimm?
Can’t she just hide in her garden at least?
The idiot isnt supposed to awaken, so that'd be likely why.
Even if she could, remember the reasson why she was there was curiosssity, black souls blah blah you know the whole deal, so she still wouldnt do it for that reason too.
As for being trapped... im not quite sure anyone except grimm is trapped, tco wouldnt keep them there, as long as they werent vital to the garden like the alice sisters, and in the case of mable, nyanlathotep couldnt tell yog to do anything even if it tried.

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
The idiot isnt supposed to awaken, so that'd be likely why.
Even if she could, remember the reasson why she was there was curiosssity, black souls blah blah you know the whole deal, so she still wouldnt do it for that reason too.
As for being trapped... im not quite sure anyone except grimm is trapped, tco wouldnt keep them there, as long as they werent vital to the garden like the alice sisters, and in the case of mable, nyanlathotep couldnt tell yog to do anything even if it tried.
That makes sense then maybe baphomet may come back. I think she lost a bit too quickly.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I doubt Baphomet will come back. Lindamea is probably pulling a shingen in dead red hood.

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
didn't she say she was tired of the role
anyway if she does come back it probs won't be as baphoment but the black goat
and probs not in drh either

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Well her goat form is the most famous one. You could also use her Astarte form or any charcters based on motherhood.
The black goat(male) is also sometimes based on her brother Ny-Rakath in tune with Satyrs in general. So maybe that brother could show up in DRH?
There was also the character screenshot of someone from the Black Trial NPCs wearing a goatskull on their face. Maybe those are the remains of Baphomet.

May 15, 2021
It took me 36 hrs 53 min to finish the game. (HLTB / Length / hours / how long).

The 'base game' (everything except DLC3) took me 28 hrs 20 min, then DLC3 took me about 8.5 more hours. My time for DLC3 might be nonaverage since I spent some hours banging my head against a tough boss, then eventually save edited for higher stats to let me zoom past the bosses.

4.80 star(s) 79 Votes