4.80 star(s) 79 Votes

Evil Earthworm Jim

Dec 21, 2019
Making clear progress? About 18 hours on base game and about 9 on DLC 3. I spent about 20 hours plus in the chaos dungeon though. I probably ended up using 1000+ of those old one souls (whatever they are called) that you earn in Mabel's dungeon. Collectively however it's probably triple digits. When I start a new play through, I make separate saves at each point of mager divergence so I don't have to make lots of new games, depending on how I'd like to play. For example, in the DLC I had 3 routes, True route (true end), Dark souls route (kill everyone on meeting) and Black souls route (rape everyone on meeting), so it likely actually took me closer to about 30-ish hours.

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
I think there’s an issue with this game while fighting bosses, you don’t know how much power is enough to beat them, so I spent 7-8 hours grinding in the Chaos Dungeon and dungeon at left side. When I returned, my damage was no longer increasing, and I started one-shotting everything until I reached Lorina. This reduced the enjoyment of the game for me a bit. I wish the grinding mechanics were more like Blacksouls 1, where as long as you focus wisely on damage or magic, there’s not much need to grind in BS1.BS2 is better in terms of content, but I had more fun in BS1 in terms of gameplay.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Thank you for sharing it with me, a shame that it's not in english(I assume the language in the picture is Thai), I'll have to manually translate it using google translate.
Well cool that this old case looped around. If you ever finish this project/translation would be nice if you post it here as well!

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
I think there’s an issue with this game while fighting bosses, you don’t know how much power is enough to beat them, so I spent 7-8 hours grinding in the Chaos Dungeon and dungeon at left side. When I returned, my damage was no longer increasing, and I started one-shotting everything until I reached Lorina. This reduced the enjoyment of the game for me a bit. I wish the grinding mechanics were more like Blacksouls 1, where as long as you focus wisely on damage or magic, there’s not much need to grind in BS1.BS2 is better in terms of content, but I had more fun in BS1 in terms of gameplay.
I'd definitely disagree, unlike bs1, bs 2 atleast has difficult bosses, as much as some of them are gimicky, being maxed out iss only going to help you, but not solve everything
It definitely doessnt have better gameplay either, first reason, the summon feature is gone, the entire feature was pointless despite having potential, but the bosses simply werent good enough to supplement the NEED to have so many various abilities if you grind in the game.
2. The other weapons actually have a use, bs 1 really added cosmetic weapons just for the sake of it when it would only mildly impact efficency if you didnt have one of those attack all skills or self inflicted buffs, but it still isnt necessary if you do the exact same grind you literally just mentioned.

Still though, if you had more fun, that's a different thing

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Considering the game can be cleared sl1 with no colored souls used, I'll file this under skill issue.

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Considering the game can be cleared sl1 with no colored souls used, I'll file this under skill issue.
I did see a few of those videos, but all of them were made after having esentially every skill and item in the game maxed out, so for fairnesss i'd file this half a skill issue

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
Actually, the problem is not the game is difficult.The problem is game leads you to chaos dungeon so early after I died some bosses and nightmare sprits at the start of the game that leads me too chaos dungeon and thats okay I generally like the grinding. But after grinding, I started to one-shot every creature I see till lorina and because of this I skipped some contents and fights was kinda boring after doing same fights like 5 time to see other endings and other suffs. Also bs1 easier and less chaotic. But I will try again playing without grinding to see how is it without grind.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
The problem is game leads you to chaos dungeon so early
The duality of man.
Its always hilarous to see this. Some people who posted here never found the CD until users pointed out it exists and they were mindblown.
Other`s find it asap while exploreing the dungeon.
Or you have the outliers who found the red door at P-Body

Reactions: ametoq

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I did see a few of those videos, but all of them were made after having esentially every skill and item in the game maxed out, so for fairnesss i'd file this half a skill issue
It's not like they started with all that stuff. There's no excuse for resorting to grind here when you can just leave a fight for later and go progress somewhere else (that isn't the chaos dungeon).
Actually, the problem is not the game is difficult.The problem is game leads you to chaos dungeon so early after I died some bosses and nightmare sprits at the start of the game that leads me too chaos dungeon and thats okay I generally like the grinding. But after grinding, I started to one-shot every creature I see till lorina and because of this I skipped some contents and fights was kinda boring after doing same fights like 5 time to see other endings and other suffs. Also bs1 easier and less chaotic. But I will try again playing without grinding to see how is it without grind.
Mabel also warns you that the dungeon has nothing to do with your search for Alice.
I just think it's really weird to grind for 8 hours and then deride the game for being too easy. You made the choice to grind that hard. It wasn't forced on your nor was it actually necessary. Not saying it's bad. If that's what you need to do to keep progressing in the game then whatever, but it shouldn't be brought up when discussing the natural progression of the game.

ametoq

Feb 6, 2021
It's not like they started with all that stuff. There's no excuse for resorting to grind here when you can just leave a fight for later and go progress somewhere else (that isn't the chaos dungeon).

Mabel also warns you that the dungeon has nothing to do with your search for Alice.
I just think it's really weird to grind for 8 hours and then deride the game for being too easy. You made the choice to grind that hard. It wasn't forced on your nor was it actually necessary. Not saying it's bad. If that's what you need to do to keep progressing in the game then whatever, but it shouldn't be brought up when discussing the natural progression of the game.
For me chaos dungeon was also natural progression like finding Alice. It was not boring like killing same enemy again again and has great rewards. I just wanted to finish it before go new places lol. Its also closer than other areas to base that’s why I started there first.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Unless its brainrot, the readme file should also point out that ChaosDungeon is a literal dungeon crawler made so you can freely farm. On my OG runs i spend max 2hours +/- minutes in the Chaosdungeon when i hit a wall & by that point i already was in my G run trying to get everything together.
For H i spend another 1h or so in the chaosdungeon trying to get a specific +3 rings and the last ultimate skills.
After that i spend another 2ish hours to grind the boss rush itself for OuterSouls so i meet the 10k stat requirement.
Ofc i got somewhat lucky so i only had to get Black Slash & Dorothys thing from the skills.
But i never heard or at least no one else posted spending 8 hours in Chaos Dungeon. Unless you got really unlucky with some items drops, skillbooks or trying to chase down RNG based boss encoutners for lore.

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Unrelated to your conversation but is there any lore reason why the enemies in the mirror land before Station Hanover have no name? The only thing I know about the area is that for some reason the houses of three little pigs is here

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Unrelated to your conversation but is there any lore reason why the enemies in the mirror land before Station Hanover have no name? The only thing I know about the area is that for some reason the houses of three little pigs is here
Unless someone else is faster. When i am able boot up the game i will check it out! Are we talking about SEN 0 or 100 enemies?

Edit: Checked it out. Yeah the Slugs, frogs, three monsters have no name. 0 or 100 SEN. Also on that savefile i found one of the crystal lizards/black bawl monsters. Also no name.
I am not sure if its intentional. But could be a bug? Or translation error in our versions? On a fun side note. Found out the mirror in the forest is a shortcut/gateway.

Last edited:

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
I am not sure if its intentional. But could be a bug? Or translation error in our versions? On a fun side note. Found out the mirror in the forest is a shortcut/gateway.
Shouldn't be, it's like that in the code
Also what mirror?

GlassFront

Sep 9, 2018
Unless someone else is faster. When i am able boot up the game i will check it out! Are we talking about SEN 0 or 100 enemies?

Edit: Checked it out. Yeah the Slugs, frogs, three monsters have no name. 0 or 100 SEN. Also on that savefile i found one of the crystal lizards/black bawl monsters. Also no name.
That's the Nameless forest. Anything inside it cannot remember the name of anything, be it themselves or even objects. You also don't have a name while you're inside it, and all of their dialogue has proper-nouns redacted

Reactions: dd777 and Omnom88

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Shouldn't be, it's like that in the code
Also what mirror?
GlassFront got it i think. Magical forest shenanigans.
Past the slug den there is a shortcut area. There is also a deer at 100 SEN or a weird eldritch thing at 0 SEN talks to you. On the right upper corner in the same location is a mirror. Enter it and you teleport into a different zone aka the bloodpond bossroom.

That's the Nameless forest. Anything inside it cannot remember the name of anything, be it themselves or even objects. You also don't have a name while you're inside it, and all of their dialogue has proper-nouns redacted
Playing around i thought it was either deliberate or a translation bug. Because outside of it you get the proper names.
However i was confused for a second because i thought this was still treated as part of the fuming forest.
But i totally forgot that its a nameless forest thing.
However i dont know what this exactly references or whats the lore reason for it.
This could either be a eldritch thing, a folklore reference or direct reference to Alice in Wonderland forest/literature.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It references part of Through the looking glass. Come on.
GlassFront got it i think. Magical forest shenanigans.
Past the slug den there is a shortcut area. There is also a deer at 100 SEN or a weird eldritch thing at 0 SEN talks to you. On the right upper corner in the same location is a mirror. Enter it and you teleport into a different zone aka the bloodpond bossroom.
That mirror is how you get there in the first place lol. Bro, you need to replay the game to refresh yourself.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Omnom88

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Bro, you need to replay the game to refresh yourself.
100% agreed. Before DRH i will replay the game and try to get all the endings again. Besides major plotpoints. Or the ones i researched by comparing katana i forgot a good chunk of general stuff. Regarding progression and zones.

4.80 star(s) 79 Votes