4.80 star(s) 79 Votes

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
But before that will happen, let's imagine that we are playing piano, and longing for Alice...~

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
I... just finished this game. I played aimlessly until midway through the game (according to the guide/walkthrough) and got a little frustrated because I seemed stuck. I checked the guide and there were so many things I had to do or avoid for getting to all the endings. I played again with a fresh save and started over following the guide, this is a bit cheaty but I didn't care because I would learn the story along the way.

When I finally reached the G ending, I was a bit sad to know what happened to Red Hood, I could feel the bittersweet ending of what would happen after that ending. I didn't check the Chaos Dungeon, and I planned to try exploring it. By chance when I checked the wiki, there was another ending called 'Unnamed' and 'H Ending' at the same time noname111111 told me about the H ending too.

I was curious but also a bit lazy to start again, I went straight to YouTube to check the ending and the playthrough. The ending though scary at first, it was immediately weighed down by how the story continued because it also related to Red Hood.

I was sad and depressed by the scene showing Red Hood lying on bed while also stating that this was the happiest life for her. The bittersweet and cruel romance made my weak ass emotions burst with tears. I just hope, if Black Souls 3 is actually released, that Red Hood can somehow live with Grimm, but I'm just selfish for wanting this.

I don't know if I can call Black Souls a masterpiece, but in my opinion, BS2 is much 'richer' than BS1 in terms of story and characters.

I don't know why I'm yapping about my experience here with goofy English (sorry), but I just wanted to post this, it was a really fun to experience and immerse into the story and lore of this game. I'll be purchasing this game both 1 and 2 on DLSite later this month.
awesome, glad you will buy the game after the taste

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
So what exactly are the DLC? I assume DLC 1 is the Deep Sea stuff with the big fish and the diver. What are 2 and 3, how do I access them?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
2 is chaos dungeon, it's accessed from the prison or from queensland. 3 is well, dlc 3 there's a lot of areas there. You can't access it until you've gotten g end and it's started at carrol river.

Reactions: Eidolic

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
Phenir
I don't remember though, can you access DLC 3 without talking to Cheshire in the dungeon after ending G?

Eidolic
Believe me, this game gives too much answers, they are just not too obvious even if you see them.

Reactions: Arabi1
Dec 24, 2023
It took me 60 hours but I finally finished the game and got the True Ending. Man the endgame was pretty brutal on Diff 9, but I really enjoyed it. The ending destroyed me though. Loved every second of the story and lore!

Sooo, from what I gathered from the game the story looks something like this, correct me if I'm wrong. (Sorry this will be a very long one)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

WOW this was a wild ride!
Can't wait for Black Souls III! See you in 2030 I guess!
Looking back, this summary made the most sense to me until I read and I had some doubts

Was it really the TCO who answered Carroll’s prayer? or was it mary sue? in the memory flames you pick from winter map Carroll runs away after seeing old Alice and prays to god, the answer was HIGH PITCHED VOICE laughing “kihihihi you would be a fine material to use” or so. leaf laughs like that mostly but also we have seen tco do as well, I watched couple lore videos after that and most people also say its the leaf who answered Carroll and he was grimm already in tea party

short question: was it the mary sue who answered Carroll’s prayer after he saw old Alice and ran away to pray to god to be with his little girl or was it TCO? if it was leaf does that mean Carroll was already fused with others and became grimm even in tea party time?

also one youtuber called leonidas iirc said in tea party: prayer mantis and Alice both prayed to end the tea party, but is there any evidence for Alice also wishing to end the tea party?

if theres someone knowledgeable with the lore and read/watched these summaries: I would love to read their version and understanding of the lore. thank you

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Question, I just beat DSK and got Kuti's covenant. I slapped it on and went to Ashes Reignited to prep. While doing the gauntlet I noticed I wasn't getting the extra attack from Kuti's cov. So I open my covenant menu and see that I don't have a covenant, and Kuti's isn't on my list. I go back to the Deep Sea Palace and she's just gone. Any idea what happened?

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Question, I just beat DSK and got Kuti's covenant. I slapped it on and went to Ashes Reignited to prep. While doing the gauntlet I noticed I wasn't getting the extra attack from Kuti's cov. So I open my covenant menu and see that I don't have a covenant, and Kuti's isn't on my list. I go back to the Deep Sea Palace and she's just gone. Any idea what happened?
Did you hit progress 10/10 white flames in the main hub? If so Kuti might have made a mess on the beach.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
jub jub happened lmao.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I see, silly me thinking there could be happiness :(

(So just don't sex her and I can keep the covenant gotcha)
You can touch the tentacle monster. The problem(s) starts when the frenzy bird goes surround sound singing(JubJub). Kuti will go from "~Under da sea~ to Hemwick Hamlet siesta on the beach.
Which in turn will end badly for everyone else there. Rip turtle.
When you hit 10 white flames & you dont slay(lay) JubJub into the dungeon-afterlife. Shits about to go down harder than Doomslayer on demons. "For everyone"

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Now I'm having a problem with the White Unicorn.

I get making her afraid. I get using the King's Club to break her when she charges. I get not attacking while she's waiting to riposte. I get using scalpels in phase 2 to find the real one.

So I make it to phase 2 and Uni A goes into riposte. So anything I do will trigger a counterattack. So I use scalpels on Uni B-D, they all just take it and do nothing. That only leaves Uni A. So I focus her down as fast as I can while my flesh wall holds out. I take her out and she just pops back up, full health. Get crit for 300k and die, armor fails.

How am I supposed to figure out which one is the real one? I've tried throwing knives, scalpels, and just attacking them all, and it's always the same--they never counterattack unless they're in riposte, then they always counterattack. I've tried focusing each of them down on the off chance it's always the same, but they always just pop right back up after going down.

What's the obvious thing I'm missing here? Do I just need to kill her twice?

Edit: The Fear Ring is a trap, but other than that I have no idea why the scalpels weren't working consistently. They did sometimes, but other times not. Whatever, she's dead.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Difference between real one and fake one is:
Real one has evasion and counterattack stats. Fake ones don't so if you see one evade/counter without dodge, acrobatics, or riposte active, that is the real one. Also, the real one only has 50% evasion and counter so might have just gotten unlucky with checking.
Real one has a bit more hp. 4,940,000 vs 3,800,000. You can also check by using % damage. Ghostfire can hit all of them, but it does have a magic stat component which can be negated with anything that reduces your magic to 1.
Real one has 2 actions per turn. Do not mistake second action for scripted follow up actions like dodge/acrobatics after frozen bullets/bladework or lunge after challenge.

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
View attachment 4052216
BRO WTF THIS SHIT RED HOOD ALMOST SOLOED HER ASS ALONE SHE TRULY IS PROTAGONIST :skull
She just eats porridge every day, unlike you.
But honestly, knowing in what world Red Hood is... she is probably eating people and demonic beasts, just like Bandersnatch and Miranda.
She is also extracting souls from defeated enemies, just like Grimm. Hmm...~

Last edited:

Mr. Cofman

Apr 16, 2024
Death is a joke, story is a comedy, and performance is a tragedy, hanging on convenient occasions. Once you delve deeper, you will notice how shallow the waters are. Don't pretend you are drowning in it, you psychos! Can you remember a face you never saw? I can't~ and that's why everyone hates me~

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Arabi1

Goldines

Apr 17, 2020
She just eats porridge every day, unlike you.
But honestly, knowing in what world Red Hood is... she is probably eating people and demonic beasts, just like Bandersnatch and Miranda.
She is also extracting souls from defeated enemies, just like Grimm. Hmm...~
yeah i mean there is a reason why we are the male wife in her ending from bs1 she's just that awesome! still I wonder why she Is as strong as she is, idk but she doesn't seem like a nightmare spirit but she's Way too strong for just a fairytail. and the snowman in the basement of riverside seem to mash her in with the likes of grimm, alice and mary sue...

4.80 star(s) 79 Votes