4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Yooooo! I managed to screw a playthrought while following a guide. Please say that it's possible to get Pinocchio's fairy tale after killing the knight...
Also, Red isn't appearing on that secret place and i don't know why since i talked to her in every bonfire she appeared

Last edited:

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
I'm kind of stuck, need help. So, first:
I'm at level 92. Playing blind, so no spoilers please.
Using Hornet Ring+Abyss Ring (total +60% crit), Vorpal Sword (+10), Ring of Blades, Ring of my Struggle (stats boost for all), Hachigane (head), Leather Armor (chest), Manslayer Shotgun (shieldslot). I can oneshot most common enemies.
Can't beat any of the following bosses:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
I'm kind of stuck, need help. So, first:
I'm at level 92. Playing blind, so no spoilers please.
Using Hornet Ring+Abyss Ring (total +60% crit), Vorpal Sword (+10), Ring of Blades, Ring of my Struggle (stats boost for all), Hachigane (head), Leather Armor (chest), Manslayer Shotgun (shieldslot). I can oneshot most common enemies.
Can't beat any of the following bosses:
TBH I would just take ending C and go for a new game+ with a new approach. You can still reach other endings from where you are though, but a NG+ just makes more sense. If you wanna keep going, you'll just have to grind to beat the bosses you cant beat yet, the chaos dungeon is a pretty good place for that since it gives you many souls.

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
What would you say are the best weapons for my build (glasscannon, high ATK, high crit chance)? I mainly used the Vorpal Blade for the Three-Slash Skill, but it tends to fall short when having to deal with multiple enemies or bosses that counterhit/evade.

I've seen that the Storm Ruler is popular for oneshotting bosses and I did find one in the Chaos Dungeons once, the merchant sold it for 10k (as well as the "Lost Sword"). However that's even too glasscannon for my taste. If the boss survives the multi-hit skill, you have to survive without any offense until the cooldown is done. Drake Sword or sawblade perhaps?

Blacksouls 1 had the overpowered machine gun from "Iron Hans". I've spotted the boss's name in the Dream Library, so I bet it's somewhere in this game as well?

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
Also, does anyone have an idea how "Turkey Flare" actually works? Seems like you can't dodge it at least. The damage varies too, from 12000 all the way up to 19000. Maybe it does extra damage when you're on fire?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
What would you say are the best weapons for my build (glasscannon, high ATK, high crit chance)? I mainly used the Vorpal Blade for the Three-Slash Skill, but it tends to fall short when having to deal with multiple enemies or bosses that counterhit/evade.

I've seen that the Storm Ruler is popular for oneshotting bosses and I did find one in the Chaos Dungeons once, the merchant sold it for 10k (as well as the "Lost Sword"). However that's even too glasscannon for my taste. If the boss survives the multi-hit skill, you have to survive without any offense until the cooldown is done. Drake Sword or sawblade perhaps?

Blacksouls 1 had the overpowered machine gun from "Iron Hans". I've spotted the boss's name in the Dream Library, so I bet it's somewhere in this game as well?
The best universal weapon in the game is the Andor Sword (found in the Oyster Dead Sea in the area east of the bonfire, you have to circle around to get it). It gives you one extra action per turn if you have it equipped at the beginning of your turn. Weapon swapping is free, so there's no reason not to go into boss battles with this equipped (except if you absolutely need to go first for some reason and your AGI isn't high enough to do the job).

The machine gun is in the Mental Ward in the maze of disconnected looping doors right before the boss. It makes your normal attack hit multiple times. The Storm Ruler is also in the Mental Ward, in the same general area (it's the first door of the maze when entered from the Mental Ward's entrance).

The best weapon for glass-cannon crit builds is the Kishingatana (fully-upgraded Uchigatana, which I think is in the Ship Graveyard) since it gives you +100% crit chance. You can also fully upgrade a Greatsword for the Sword of Giants (+100% ATK). If you can't get either of those, Miranda's Axe is a decent alternative since it comes with the ability to ignore guard and never misses.

Also, does anyone have an idea how "Turkey Flare" actually works? Seems like you can't dodge it at least. The damage varies too, from 12000 all the way up to 19000. Maybe it does extra damage when you're on fire?
Turkey Flare never misses and inflicts 10,000 bonus damage with a 20% variance on top of Drumstick's normal attack power. If you intend to tank it, stacking fire resist is the way to go.

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
The best universal weapon in the game is the Andor Sword (found in the Oyster Dead Sea in the area east of the bonfire, you have to circle around to get it). It gives you one extra action per turn if you have it equipped at the beginning of your turn. Weapon swapping is free, so there's no reason not to go into boss battles with this equipped (except if you absolutely need to go first for some reason and your AGI isn't high enough to do the job).

The machine gun is in the Mental Ward in the maze of disconnected looping doors right before the boss. It makes your normal attack hit multiple times. The Storm Ruler is also in the Mental Ward, in the same general area (it's the first door of the maze when entered from the Mental Ward's entrance).

The best weapon for glass-cannon crit builds is the Kishingatana (fully-upgraded Uchigatana, which I think is in the Ship Graveyard) since it gives you +100% crit chance. You can also fully upgrade a Greatsword for the Sword of Giants (+100% ATK). If you can't get either of those, Miranda's Axe is a decent alternative since it comes with the ability to ignore guard and never misses.
I have no idea where those three areas (Dead Sea, Ship Graveyard, Mental Ward Maze) are. If I go to the Lutwidge Town mental ward, there is only a door that closes itself when I try to open it.

Gterus

Nov 24, 2018
I have no idea where those three areas (Dead Sea, Ship Graveyard, Mental Ward Maze) are. If I go to the Lutwidge Town mental ward, there is only a door that closes itself when I try to open it.
About that door in the Mental Ward, you have to persistently try to open it before it allows you to enter.

Noctusiac

Jul 31, 2019
Just keep trying to open it rapidly, it will eventually open by itself.
For the other two areas, you have to reach the to the Fish Market (If you have the Cheshire Cat Ring, you can wear it and go down the sewers and there will be a long fall that is a shortcut to Fish Market) which leads all the way to the Wailing Beach where you will see a tidepool somewhere along the beach waters, you interact with it to enter the Dead Sea.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
In the Mental Ward, you just need to keep trying to enter and you will get through eventually.

The Oyster's Dead Sea can be accessed from the Wailing Beach. Starting at Lutwidge, go into the sewers and head all the way south (you need the Cheshire Cat's Ring to survive the fall; if you don't have that, go into the Foggy Park and get it from the Cheshire Cat by playing her "game") and you will reach Billingsgate Fish Market. The boss here is one of the easier ones compared to the rest of the game. Beat it and proceed past to access the Wailing Beach.

The Ship Graveyard is past the Oyster's Dead Sea (which has no boss blocking the way) and is home to extremely difficult enemies, so if you're going to sneak in there just for the Uchigatana, you're going to want Invisible Pepper or the Hidden Body spell (found in the Smoldering Forest elevator; check the reference post in my signature).

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
Okay, I went and got all those different weapons. When comparing Kishingatana vs Demonbeasthunter Sawblade vs Vorpal Sword vs Storm Ruler+5 vs Andor Sword+5 vs Hans Machine Gun+5 vs Drake Sword+5:

Kishingatana adds 100% crit chance on its own, which opens up a lot of equipment slots and it lets me use Bander. The damage potential is high and it can also hit multiple targets. However it lacks utility tools. When the enemy can oneshot you once you leave yourself open, but you can't oneshot them yourself, then the Kishingatana falls short on options.

The Sawblade (like most other wapons) lacks bonus crit chance, but the Sawblade's burst potential is still incredibly high due to "Blood Edge"- for whatever reason, that move can randomly crit for up to ~60000 damage and it hits all enemies. The Sawblade also offers "Track Blood", which is a massive speed boost. The big downside is that the damage is lacking once Blood Edge is on cooldown, but Track Blood and the Sawblade's high base agility kind of make up for that. It is prety easy to chip bosses down to 50%, then finish them off with two lucky Blood Edge crits.

Storm Ruler and Drake Sword are both doing the same thing as the Sawblade. The Storm Ruler's "Supreme Storm Ruler" can reliably dish out 40-50k, but does nothing else once that is on cooldown. The Drake Sword offers a second "hit all" ability, but doesn't have the same burst potential as the Storm Ruler. It also needs to set opponents on fire for optimal damage. I don't think either can compete with the burst of crit Sawblade.

Crit build Vorpal Blade is basically just bad Kishingatana. It can hit multiple times each turn, but so can the Kishingatana. The only upside is a slightly higher damage potential when spending a turn to cast the Vorpal Blade's "Reinforce", but that's a whole turn worth of damage lost.

The Andor Sword doesn't get much out of all the crit. It is more about utalizing the extra turn to survive longer, rather than trying to burst down opponents as soon as possible. That said, crit Andor Sword might still be better than most other weapons. Extra turns are op for obvious reasons.

A Crit Hans Machine Gun is still a boss-killer, just like in Blacksouls 1. "Quickdraw" lets it dodge while increasing crit % and speed. Only has to loop "quickdraw->attack" 2-3 times in a row to kill most bosses. It really struggles when facing more than 2 enemies at once however, much more than the Kishingatana.

For the glasscannon crit build, I'd rank them: Katana>Sawblade>Hans>Storm>Andor Sword>Drake>Vorpal>slower weapons without multi-hit attacks

0xwolkx0

Jan 27, 2018
Hello guys. Do anyone know how to deal with Helkaiser in Chaos Dungeon? It's just his vomit and fire can't be removed even by goddess blood.

p.s.: don't advice me to use evasion, it won't work cause

Last edited:

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Ok, i played the whole shebang again after screwing the last playthrought, got the Pinocchio fairy tale i was missing, but Red STILL isn't appearing in the secret place. C'mon can anybody tell me what could make this happen? I followed the whole walkthought to the letter, but i still don't know what i'm missing. It's getting annoying really...

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Ok, i played the whole shebang again after screwing the last playthrought, got the Pinocchio fairy tale i was missing, but Red STILL isn't appearing in the secret place. C'mon can anybody tell me what could make this happen? I followed the whole walkthought to the letter, but i still don't know what i'm missing. It's getting annoying really...
  1. Did you trigger her appearance in Lutwidge Town?
  2. Did you trigger the hotel flashback event? (100+ SEN)

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
  1. Did you trigger her appearance in Lutwidge Town?
  2. Did you trigger the hotel flashback event? (100+ SEN)
1. If you mean the north part of the town, then yes. If not, i didn't know she appeared in the town.
2. That's the one i'm talking about, i don't know WHY i'm not triggering the scene.

lastcorn

Nov 17, 2017
1. If you mean the north part of the town, then yes. If not, i didn't know she appeared in the town.
2. That's the one i'm talking about, i don't know WHY i'm not triggering the scene.
You need to ENTER the secret hotel with 100+ SEN.

Rezzoning

May 10, 2019
Which walkthrough are we refering to? The one I'm currently following for an attempt to get the true ending in NG+ is this one: (and I try to do things step by step with minimal spoilers, so don't take too much away for me).
What concerns me the most is that the walkthrough above ends halfway through. Also ...

lastcorn

Nov 17, 2017
Which walkthrough are we refering to? The one I'm currently following for an attempt to get the true ending in NG+ is this one: (and I try to do things step by step with minimal spoilers, so don't take too much away for me).
What concerns me the most is that the walkthrough above ends halfway through. Also ...
You can use , it's actually less complete but there's an outline of what to do to get true end and as much of content as possible including killing Jack on time to save Marie.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes