Wallbound

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
Freedom of speech doesn't exist on on privately owned websites.

This isn't America, the constitution means nothing here.

You have the right to say whatever you want within reason but there are rules and unlike in the real world there are consequences.

I don't just mean here it's the same wherever you go. Here, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Eurogamer, Youtube, Twitch etc....

They all have rules and terms of service you all agree to before you start using them.
I would agree with that except you are kinda missing the point.

1st. The review is there so you can offer your feedback and opinion of the game.
2nd. You shouldn't have that post removed. (as long as it pertaining to the game)
3rd. I use those reviews to try and make my game better. (I can't do that if someone is removing them for whatever reason.)

Every review there was about the game and was giving valuable feedback. (I know because I read every post. ) That's kinda the point to give a review. To tell people what you thought about it and/or to help the dev improve on the game. None of the posts that were removed deserved to be removed. That's the point I was trying to make. Don't ask someone to give an opinion or have a place for them to do so. Then remove the post because you didn't like or agree with what they said.

brybry1311

Mar 10, 2019
thank you very much for the warning at the beginning of the game. you made it very clear what your game is about and gave people a chance to opt out before they became invested. I and I am sure many others greatly appreciate the respect you have shown to others preferences.

Reactions: james steele

james steele

Feb 3, 2018
the whole free speech thing is an interesting thing. in the US it is in the constitution without any exception, yet people get in trouble all the time for their speech from the governments. in the EU it is in their law with exception and people get in trouble as well. in china it is in their constitution with exception and they get in trouble all the time. in about 1/3 of the US depictions can be illegal, in the EU the 'federal' law prohibits it but tends to not be enforced 'locally' resulting in roughly the same ratio as the US for illegal depictions. in the US things that have social outcry tend to be taken care of by private corporations as the law tends to have limits, though the coordination and overlooking of certain legal issues during which tends to show governmental approval if nothing else for the private actions. in the EU the law steps in and deals with unpopular things. in China the government deals with unpopular things, and like the EU tends to ignore things with no public outcry. the end result is that in all 3 things tend to be the same, though there is some obfuscation in the US. in all 3 there are highly autonomous regional authorities that have a government over them to create a sort of limited unity. the argument that 'its a private platform' in the US tends to not really matter, as they act just like government and like the other two act similarly. private companies that try and act on their own tend to fail due to behind the scenes meddling (credit card companies and banks refusing to do business, regulatory agencies conducting investigations, permit processes dragging on, etc.). in the end we tend to get angry at the website doing the things that keep it from having the ire of whatever boot they live under from crushing them, when they are just doing what they can to provide as much freedom as they can. the more eyes a website gets the more people that can get offended, and if enough get offended you have social outcry, and whether you live in the US, the EU, or China that will get the site shut down. anything that gets big gets bland as a way of surviving, so if you want to preserve your way of life you need to stay small but have enough power to keep the majority away (or be hidden from the world at large).

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Only Windows XP users are fucked by the new RenPy 7.4.x version all other users are fine. RenPy SDK doesn't do anything on your computer, other programs like Steam, Adobe, ASUS software etc. are far more dangerous than RenPy SDK.

Your "trick" doesn't work for major RenPy updates eg. RenPy 7.3.5 -> RenPy 7.4.x, because since v7.4.0 RenPy bundles scripts files into a file named "scripts.rpa". RenPy v7.3.5 can't read this "scripts.rpa" file - that's the reason why you have to use UnRen first. Afterwards you can backport the game to an older RenPy version that still use software instead hardware renderer.

And not everyone is a hoarder who keeps older versions before downloading a new update.

However, your trick works for games that use the same major RenPy version (v7.4.0 -> v7.4.8).

Imo it sucks more that users don't know shit about their systems and aren't capable fixing minor problems on their own. Sometimes it might be tricky but there is always a solution.
I had to use your method on another vn and when I pulled it up the font was all smeared and unreadable. No clue what I did wrong lol. But I did try it.

Wallbound

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2019
I ran into some computer issues and the next update is taking longer than I'd hoped. I am working on the game, it's just taking longer to do the renders as I've lost my main monitor. But I am working on getting a replacement monitor and doing the renders the best that I can at this point.

Apr 7, 2019
I ran into some computer issues and the next update is taking longer than I'd hoped. I am working on the game, it's just taking longer to do the renders as I've lost my main monitor. But I am working on getting a replacement monitor and doing the renders the best that I can at this point.
It's an awesome and unique game with great fetishes and thus worth waiting a long time for :)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I blame the updated Ren'Py:p

just kidding.

Seriously I feel it's worth the wait. This a unique kink fest vn

3.40 star(s) 54 Votes