4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Is there anything you can do with their books if you failed to their questline tho? Like, I've Nightingale and Gerda's books, looks like belongs to Dream Library but i didn't see place for them there.
No, they are useless.

Danguy

Jun 11, 2021
So I have finished the game last week and I do have to say that it is the most interesting RPG Maker 18+ game that I have played to date. There's a lot of great RPG Maker games out there, whether it is 18+ or not, but this one takes the cake for the 18+ category.

But now there's this hollow feeling in me looking for another RPG Maker game that has a really well made story line and interesting journey. Sure, there's old gems like Ao Oni and Mad Father or for example in the E(?) rated range, but weirdly enough I feel like the 18+ part of it makes the story more whole and doesn't shy from the aspect of free story telling in general, in addition of a more free, and thus more interesting story telling even though I kinda skip over it after seeing it once.

I have been scouring around not just the past week, but for a long while for something that interest me in the 18+ genre, but most of the time the "not so well" crafted aspect of the story became a major turn off for me.

There's a lot of "Grand" RPG Maker 18+ game out there, example would be Princess & Conquest and My New Life: Revamp that just doesn't seem to caught my interest in the story department or execution, and there's also a lot of less grand titles that just doesn't hold the same level of amusement such as Nano-Control or Jikage Rising, even though all the game I have listed so far are all great games. Maybe I'm just being spoiled by Black Souls story, twists, mystery, and creativity?

Anyway, the closest to the game that I have found are games by Takamakuran that has similarity in their games, which is this messy-like art style and their kinda-depressing story. I enjoyed their games such as A New Game and The Mercenary's Adventure, but even their games aren't as polished and as interesting as EMMM's Black Souls series.

I think what makes me gravitate to Black Souls boils down to their mastery in story telling/creativity as well as their unique but discernable art style. I don't want another character from Illusion's character generator and a simple screenshot of it, nor do I want another harem based story that is very superficial and holds no substance or weight, or a RPG Maker game where the point is for you to just wank one out. I want something that surprises me or makes me think of what the author of the story is trying to portray or say, even if their point boils down to madness and insanity, because no matter how severe it is if it is there with a purpose and has a great execution and story, then it is a great story nonetheless. (Example of this would be the Berserk Manga)

With all that said, does anyone here have a recommendation that fulfills all the criteria that I am looking for? An RPG Maker game with great lengthy story and great execution on the same level as Black Souls? I'm starting to lose hope trying to find one. It doesn't have to be all depressed, it's just have to be well executed and full of love poured into the game and the story. I'm at the point where I'm thinking I should make one myself (as easy as that is to say, I know how hard it is to make a powerful game, hence the scarcity).

Appreciate all the help, suggestions and replies! Also tell me what do you think of the game; Am I just being over the top praising it or is it justified compared to its competitors?
Try Lilith in Nightmare. It's not some kind of dark fantasy, but characters, grind are done well. Plus all h scenes are animated

MaskTheSaito

Oct 28, 2020
You enter Hollow state when you die. While in that status, Nightmare spirits won't spawn, but you won't be able to summon Dream spirits as well (red book before a fog). To cancel Hollow state, you must use Alice scent. Also, Dream Library notes cover that topic.
For each book you return to the library you get a consumable item that increases your level (I don't remember it's name). Return them all and Node will offer you a gift (an item, a ring, souls or a special gift).
it lacks explanation. this game should include the name of various status ailments under the avatar sprite, i didnt know what is the swirls status was hollow and what is dream spirit until mid game tsk, coz i didnt play dark souls lmao. thats why i missed the dream spirit at mental ward boss fight.
also is there guide for ending h, dlc 2 and dlc 3 or they are linear?

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
it lacks explanation. this game should include the name of various status ailments under the avatar sprite, i didnt know what is the swirls status was hollow and what is dream spirit until mid game tsk, coz i didnt play dark souls lmao. thats why i missed the dream spirit at mental ward boss fight.
also is there guide for ending h, dlc 2 and dlc 3 or they are linear?
Just complete dlc 3 to get the ending. If you still have Prickett's ring (you don't need to equip it) you get an extended version of that ending.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Indeed, I dunno if Red Hood ending still unlocks it or do I need the full DLC 3 now?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
how you beat winter witch and warrior duo? fkin mobs hit like isekai truck
Mp drain the warrior then burst down the witch, don't use magic against her else she will reflect it. You could just run past them if you want, they don't drop anything special. They will appear at the throne near the end of the dlc if you don't beat them at the river though.
If I remember correctly- After getting ending G, go to the room of reminiscence, there should be an npc you can talk to unlock all scenes
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He wasn't asking how to unlock it though. Anyway, it shouldn't need H end since you can't loop after H end, it just goes to the title screen.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Attached saves for before all normal endings (A-E), full gallery, and important points in DLC3 (beginning, route split, VN, immediately before H end). Unzip and rename to whatever save slot you want (i.e. "Save01.rvdata2"). If you want to see F or G end, loop on the appropriate save and press X on the Alice selection in the prologue without skipping the prologue.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Just toss them, it doesn't matter where they end up. All that matters is you have 0 in your inventory.

dd777

Jun 10, 2017
BTW, I know difficulty setting doesn't affect the chaos dungeon. Are you also implying that depth 9 applies the same multiplier as diff 9? It would make sense though since the save being used has 2551 luck.
Yep, that's how it works. The Chaos Dungeon actually straight up uses the Difficulty variable for Depth increases, too. So Depth 0 corresponds to Diff 0, Depth 9 corresponds to Diff 9, etc. The difficulty setting gets reset to 0 when entering or leaving Chaos Dungeon. I think that might be why re-entering CD moves you a room forward, so it actually grabs the correct Difficulty for the Depth? (All of the CD stuff is in Common Events and not being able to use search is a pain)

The Chaos Dungeon also goes up to Depth 19/Difficulty 19, and the actual stats scale up wildly from 10+. Aside from LUK (which maxes out at x4), all other stats hit x100 at Depth 19.

As an added thing, because various folks have been confused about requirements for entering DLC 3, the absolute requirements are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes