Dreamatrix

Aug 11, 2019
So let me get this clear, main post states that MindShift Part 1 is the Prequel to this BloodShift game so this game is Part 2 right?
So its not actually MindShift having a split up Part 1 and Part 2 before BloodShift right?
I'm asking this because there were games like Part 1 was just half of the story.

Chapeau

Jan 8, 2020
For everyone who are having problem with visiting Mara the second time to make her loot the shop, the easiest way seems to be cancelling windowed option and going full screen and visiting her when the night starts
Doesn't work for me. The icon appear for an instant, but then goes away before I can interact with it.
Very frustrating. I want to love this game, but slow progress and random bugs make it difficult. :/

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
So let me get this clear, main post states that MindShift Part 1 is the Prequel to this BloodShift game so this game is Part 2 right?
So its not actually MindShift having a split up Part 1 and Part 2 before BloodShift right?
I'm asking this because there were games like Part 1 was just half of the story.
Mindshift it is NOT the first part of this game. This game is standalone with a completely different story.
Mindshift is a spiritual prequel with some game mechanics/theme in common with this game.

Reactions: Dreamatrix

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Started a new game from the start of chapter 2.
I tried to "join the party" but I keep getting told that "now is not the time for partying" and now I've got the information window about "to give an item ..." stuck on the screen and can't get rid of it

Eventually got rid of it by interacting with the violinist

The parents have come. I can still go to the apartment, but it's dark and the only thing you can click on is "back"

Last edited:

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
Started a new game from the start of chapter 2.
I tried to "join the party" but I keep getting told that "now is not the time for partying" and now I've got the information window about "to give an item ..." stuck on the screen and can't get rid of it

Eventually got rid of it by interacting with the violinist

The parents have come. I can still go to the apartment, but it's dark and the only thing you can click on is "back"
Thats really strange behavior. The violinist should be dead already. Could you please tell me how you did your installation? Did you overwrite your previous version or did you install it somewhere new and delete the old?

And if you did the former could you try the latter

Last edited:

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Downloaded into a directory D:\Local_Games\Bloodshift
I unzipped and got a directory BloodshiftWin2.01 alongside my old directory that was simply "Bloodshift".
I copied the D:\Local_Games\Bloodshift\Bloodshift\Bloodshift_Data\saveData to
D:\Local_Games\Bloodshift\BloodshiftWin2.01\Bloodshift_Data\saveData
However, using any of my old save games caused issues, so I used the "reboot" feature and started a new game from start of chapter 2 as above.

I've now started over AGAIN from the start of chapter two, and the castle name password that worked before is not working now.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
I unzipped and got a directory BloodshiftWin2.01 alongside my old directory that was simply "Bloodshift".
However, using any of my old save games caused issues, so I used the "reboot" feature and started a new game from start of chapter 2 as above.

I've now started over AGAIN from the start of chapter two, and the castle name password that worked before is not working now.
right, you can't use saves that are too old. what version is your old version?

will you do two things for me?:

1. o a completely fresh install to a new location and DO NOT import any saves from before.
2. upload your newest save file that is behaving weird here:

it sounds like you got through the issues okay, correct?

make sure you have correct capitalization on the password

Last edited:

petrozza

Oct 28, 2017
Very promising game, the story is fine and finding out the password of the computer was really challenging. I wonder what happened to Professor Lind, since I could not reach her from a couple of updates ago...

Reactions: amalgamhpc

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020

Are you playing from 1.13? You need to delete that version and those files.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
Very promising game, the story is fine and finding out the password of the computer was really challenging. I wonder what happened to Professor Lind, since I could not reach her from a couple of updates ago...
she was cut from the game a long time ago unfrotunately

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Are you playing from 1.13? You need to delete that version and those files.
They (the old versions files) are in a different directory.
As stated before, I chose "Start" - "Skip to Chapter 2"
Just to humor you, I will delete them and try yet again.

EDIT:
Deleted both directories, re-extracted the new one.
Got into Reuter Hall and I've got a black screen except for the controls.
Had to use fast travel to downtown and then go back to campus.

EDIT2:
Talking to the guy in the glasses and wifebeater at Hammer & Grobin and asking him about the violin guy seems to be what causes the violin guy to respawn and go to his alley.

Last edited:

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
They (the old versions files) are in a different directory.
As stated before, I chose "Start" - "Skip to Chapter 2"
Just to humor you, I will delete them and try yet again.

EDIT:
Deleted both directories, re-extracted the new one.
Got into Reuter Hall and I've got a black screen except for the controls.
Had to use fast travel to downtown and then go back to campus.
i'm trying to replicate your issues but not coming up with anything so far. would you please upload a sample save for me here?: Just the save file(s) not the game itself.

amalgamhpc

Game Developer
Oct 28, 2020
EDIT2:
Talking to the guy in the glasses and wifebeater at Hammer & Grobin and asking him about the violin guy seems to be what causes the violin guy to respawn and go to his alley.
OKAY. This I could replicate. Thank you. I appreciate that.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
When you leave the apartment after shaking down the rival dealers, the left arrow is labeled "Label" when it probably should be "stairwell" or something.

EDIT: All the way back to Sanchez's computer, and the password doesn't work.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes