FromFarAway

Sep 18, 2018
Indeed the UE4 was way better than UE5 so far in this game but our boi auril said fuck no i guess !
For sure ppl who gives you "facepalm" emoticon have no idea how Top Tier UE4 games can turn with full manipulation of cameras/lights/colors and game speed. In terms of engine ofc UE5 is better but how it's a new engine we can't make the magic happens.

Not to mention that the last two Auril UE5 projects are capped to 2k resolution and probably all future games will be. This is a "problem" that fortunately will not affect everyone but me and my humble 3080ti will be one of those affected. Considering I can easily tank 4k resolution BB2 and SL capped to 2k looks like a potato on my PC. So it's a +1 to UE4 again... for example Last Hope is also capped to 2k but it's a UE4 game so it's easy to upscaling for 4k.

Auril is clearly an up to date guy, a top animator/programmer and a creative mind, but if I had the privilege of talking to him I would say to continue at least for now in UE4 because of the current possibilities.

Last edited:

Nyxcro

Sep 16, 2018
For sure ppl who gives you "facepalm" emoticon have no idea how Top Tier UE4 games can turn with full manipulation of cameras/lights/colors and game speed. In terms of engine ofc UE5 is better but how it's a new engine we can't make the magic happens.

Not to mention that the last two Auril UE5 projects are capped to 2k resolution and probably all future games will be. This is a "problem" that fortunately will not affect everyone but me and my humble 3080ti will be one of those affected. Considering I can easily tank 4k resolution BB2 and SL capped to 2k looks like a potato on my PC. So it's a +1 to UE4 again... for example Last Hope is also capped to 2k but it's a UE4 game so it's easy to upscaling for 4k.

Auril is clearly an up to date guy, a top animator/programmer and a creative mind, but if I had the privilege of talking to him I would say to continue at least for now in UE4 because of the current possibilities.
"humble" 3080ti XD,and here i am with my humble radeon rx 590 :(

Reactions: masMalkar

pfister45vov

Jul 13, 2017
ah ok thanks, do you know if the other quests from the quest board are glitched/changed because i got stuck on both the painters quest(after accepting the bodyguard quest and have to meet the guild outside the gate they arent there) and the alorin quest there is no blue flowers to collect at the pond with lilypads

edit: i found the painters guild but still have no idea where to find the blue flowers
I am having the same problem with the blue flowers. There are no flowers in the pond.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
Honestly, I just want to drop a bit of praise here.
Auril has to be hands down one of the most consistent NSFW devs. Which I deeply appreciate.
Dude has released over decade several games, still continues to develop more.
Definitely deserves all the support he's getting and more.

I truly wish him the best.

VampireNoir

Dec 4, 2017
Has anyones game been shutting down after a minute of gameplay? Keeps happening for me and I don't know what's at fault

Archange1

Aug 15, 2017
2k cap makes me really sad..
its looks like potato for real

is this UE4/5 problem or devs just dont wanna add 4k resolution?

Hoodedfigure

Jul 8, 2017
I keep having issues with missing textures. The very first scene, the floor is missing for example. Can't see any solutions searching through the thread.

xTheLaw

Jun 19, 2018
2k cap makes me really sad..
its looks like potato for real

is this UE4/5 problem or devs just dont wanna add 4k resolution?
Probably just an oversight. No reason it couldn't go to 4k.
Try going to "AppData\Local\OST_Game\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini" and change your resolution there.

Madderdin

Jan 17, 2022
Probably just an oversight. No reason it couldn't go to 4k.
Try going to "AppData\Local\OST_Game\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini" and change your resolution there.
I tried that actually, even after manually modifying game resolution in this file, game runs at 2K max.

But i disagree it looks like potato. With Reshade it looks pretty good even at 2K.
That it runs at ~110 fps at 2K with 13900k and 4090 is a different story.

3.00 star(s) 24 Votes