Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
43? I think that's what one of the playtesters came up with. Granted the number can get higher as you get deeper in the game, obviously.
How do you get to anywhere near that number? The highest I could get was 11. And lot of times choices I made that I thought would increase that number brought me lower.

Reactions: RyRa²

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
So I was looking through this and I found a few of the narrated multiple choice options to be a little clunky. There were a few instances where the introduction didn't line up with how some of the variants were worded, and worse, cases where it wasn't clear what the outcome would be.

An example (albeit not from the text): "I knew that there was no way that I..."
  • "... had to improvise something from what was on hand, and quickly."
  • "... would be caught dead in that outfit."
  • "... my friends would come through for me in the end."
  • "... buy something from a nearby store."
The first entry is fine: It indicates the player character is going to try to find something else to wear. Perhaps a toga from a sheet? In either case, the general plan of action is clear even if the details aren't, and the option grammatically follows the leading half of the sentence.

The second entry works grammatically, but doesn't clearly indicate what the player character will actually do. What does "not wanting to be caught dead in that outfit" entail? Will they show up naked? Refuse to go out at all? The theme and emotion behind the sentiment are clear and the sentence follows the opener, but it doesn't actually describe what the player character will do.

The third entry accurately describes what the player character will do, but doesn't do so in a way that the sentence follows the opener. "I know that there was no way that I would my friends would come through for me in the end" is not a proper English sentence, even if you could probably tease the intended meaning out from the Frankenstein-esque monster of a sentence.

The fourth is a different kind of trap, as by the time the reader has gone through the other statements they might have lost the negative in the opener, meaning that there's a nonzero chance they look at that entry and go "oh, yeah, I gave this character a wealthy background, they could just buy a new outfit." There's a lot more subjectivity in this one, but clarity is frequently a defining goal for these kinds of games and this risks making the player hit the back button a few times after they realize that what happened didn't meet with their expectations when they pressed the button.

Now, the actual question - would you like me to go through and itemize the entries I felt weren't clear? Or do you have other editors already handling those?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
How do you get to anywhere near that number? The highest I could get was 11. And lot of times choices I made that I thought would increase that number brought me lower.
In HS, it's based on stats, so stats that increase Riskiness, Easiness, lower Stability and that kind of thing make the number go up.

So I was looking through this and I found a few of the narrated multiple choice options to be a little clunky. There were a few instances where the introduction didn't line up with how some of the variants were worded, and worse, cases where it wasn't clear what the outcome would be.
Thank you! With so much text, there are certainly moments like this. Highlighting them is the only way for me to fix it.

An example (albeit not from the text): "I knew that there was no way that I..."
  • "... had to improvise something from what was on hand, and quickly."
  • "... would be caught dead in that outfit."
  • "... my friends would come through for me in the end."
  • "... buy something from a nearby store."
The first entry is fine: It indicates the player character is going to try to find something else to wear. Perhaps a toga from a sheet? In either case, the general plan of action is clear even if the details aren't, and the option grammatically follows the leading half of the sentence.

The second entry works grammatically, but doesn't clearly indicate what the player character will actually do. What does "not wanting to be caught dead in that outfit" entail? Will they show up naked? Refuse to go out at all? The theme and emotion behind the sentiment are clear and the sentence follows the opener, but it doesn't actually describe what the player character will do.

The third entry accurately describes what the player character will do, but doesn't do so in a way that the sentence follows the opener. "I know that there was no way that I would my friends would come through for me in the end" is not a proper English sentence, even if you could probably tease the intended meaning out from the Frankenstein-esque monster of a sentence.

The fourth is a different kind of trap, as by the time the reader has gone through the other statements they might have lost the negative in the opener, meaning that there's a nonzero chance they look at that entry and go "oh, yeah, I gave this character a wealthy background, they could just buy a new outfit." There's a lot more subjectivity in this one, but clarity is frequently a defining goal for these kinds of games and this risks making the player hit the back button a few times after they realize that what happened didn't meet with their expectations when they pressed the button.

Now, the actual question - would you like me to go through and itemize the entries I felt weren't clear? Or do you have other editors already handling those?
I do have a proofreader who tends to catch many of these, but the game is BIG. With many branches and options. Are you a member of the Discord? There's a #bugfix channel where most of these get posted.

0.4 release is planned for all this kind of tech debt before pushing forward, alongside some content expansions based on community suggestions. So I'll be cleaning this up in 0.4 and knowing is half the battle. =)

• Thinking Face

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
I am not currently on your discord. Is it patreon only, or publicly available? I didn't see it in the first post, but I'll admit to not having dived into the links beyond the download page.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I am not currently on your discord. Is it patreon only, or publicly available? I didn't see it in the first post, but I'll admit to not having dived into the links beyond the download page.
Yeah, it's Patreon only. But I do appreciate the call-outs of needed changes!

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
In HS, it's based on stats, so stats that increase Riskiness, Easiness, lower Stability and that kind of thing make the number go up.
Is there a way to see what the stats are? Some answers I'm not sure how they impact things. Like I'm sure there's a difference between "she seemed so easy" and "she practically jumped him" but I don't know what it is.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Is there a way to see what the stats are? Some answers I'm not sure how they impact things. Like I'm sure there's a difference between "she seemed so easy" and "she practically jumped him" but I don't know what it is.
None at the moment. I'm trying to keep the feel narrative and less 'gamey' where you get notifications and actual stats shown to you.

We'll see how it goes like this for now.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
For those interested, 0.3 Alpha has dropped on Patreon and Subscribestar.

This release is far larger than I expected it to be, so I hope you like content!
10,623 new lines of code (and growing as we approach 0.3F at end of month)...I think that doubles the size of the game to date.
Our MC can now proceed from character creation and High School to...
  • College!
  • A Gap Year!
  • Try and find her mother --
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We've also seriously revamped the UX/UI (let us know what you think!), new clothing for the doll and a few other things we hope you'll like. What's coming in the next release (0.4)?
  • Fleshing out all the 'missing' art assets and other opportunities for visuals. We'll be proofreading and making sure everything makes sense, the bugs are quashed and the code is in the best form it can be before we dive into the main game.
  • Content-wise, I'll be pulling requests and suggestions from our subscribers, for what arcs and vignettes you'd like for me to expand and enhance. And maybe I'll add in something new, if the idea is good enough! Maybe it's in College or Act I or High School. Let me know and we'll see what you all want to see!

[ETA End of September]

And the next big content release (0.5)?

Content
* Gap Year Claire will move on to College or head after Mom
* College Claire will find her way to Manila
* 'Drop Out' Claire will dig into the exploration and semi-sandbox world that is the main game and access to the first arcs that I've ideated

Technicals
* Semi-Open World system for the Main Game
* Intended: Implementation of a Dossier system and Character Interaction Bar

[ETA ~November]

We'd appreciate your support for the continued development of Blue Swallow!
-------------
And I'm sure some of you have been waiting for additional pregnancy content: it's here.
Cheating content? It's here.
Rape content? It's here.

I'm not saying the release is rife with the above, but it's there. Like I said, there's a ton of content and a lot of paths and customization for your Claire.

Last edited:

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Any anal content yet? One of the biggest disappointments of FA to me was that it used to have an Anal tag when it amounted just to this:
View attachment 2841625

Oh, yeah. Me as well -- not necessarily this gripe, but the fact that certain 'options' were shoe-horned out of existence / lack of consequences, etc.

I am pretty sure there's one anal encounter in the game so far. If it's something the subs want, I will make it a focus of adding in during the 0.4 dev cycle.

Clearly not my kink, but I'm down to write it if it's wanted.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Oh, yeah. Me as well -- not necessarily this gripe, but the fact that certain 'options' were shoe-horned out of existence / lack of consequences, etc.

I am pretty sure there's one anal encounter in the game so far. If it's something the subs want, I will make it a focus of adding in during the 0.4 dev cycle.

Unfortunate, but it's probably better to lack some kinks and not get expectations up than have them pushed in and especially made by dev who's not interested.

TB-11

Jul 10, 2018
I have to say I get bored by games that just pack kinks into it just for the sake of having them...
Is there a believable story, e.g. why the protagonist does this and that? If so, good.
The same goes for the topic of corruption, it must feel plausible... going from a catholic schoolgirl to a gangbang-loving nymphomaniac in a few steps just feels cheap.

Reactions: CassieBare

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020

I'm also a smut writer, and researching fetishes that I typically don't care about can occasionally lead to a new outlook on them. I once went around interviewing people who are into feet for a particular story since I initially had no idea why people like them. Sometimes it's all about perspective.

Reactions: CassieBare

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
Only just starting my first playthrough

I get that the game is written (very well, too) in English, but I couldn't help spot a couple of mistakes in French (my native tongue

Sorry if I pontificate: I thought you'd like to know the grammatical reasons for my fixes

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Only just starting my first playthrough

I get that the game is written (very well, too) in English, but I couldn't help spot a couple of mistakes in French (my native tongue

Sorry if I pontificate: I thought you'd like to know the grammatical reasons for my fixes
Being French is already a mistake, so can't help you there.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes