CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I just realized that this game kind of reminds me of a really old game someone showed me once called Alter Ego. That one wasn’t an adult game at all. You start as a baby and live your life.

after you finish this game, it would be really great if you could take the ideas and engine you built here and tell more stories with it. There is something very compelling about being able to just be a person growing up and seeing what impact the choices have.
I was just thinking the same thing
Not going to lie: my initial desire for creating a game was an adult version of "Growing Up" -- released in the past year or so on Steam, but I couldn't get the team behind it. Part of the Prologue is certainly a proof of concept for the idea.

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
Not going to lie: my initial desire for creating a game was an adult version of "Growing Up" -- released in the past year or so on Steam, but I couldn't get the team behind it. Part of the Prologue is certainly a proof of concept for the idea.
Growing Up was so much disappointment for me. Simply because it is a very short VN hidden in giant piece of padding in form of simplistic puzzle game.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Deep Features Highlights - Fertility and Arousal
Fertility System: Sex without consequences is a thing of the past with this spy.
  • Goal - is a system that would monitor the main character's fertility behind the curtain of the game and check against the risk of certain encounters, depending on precautions taken. Fertile Myrtle players best watch out.
  • The system will track the fertility cycle when chances for conception are higher without protection done by Claire i.e. pills, condoms, or IUDs. No glove, No Love. Capiche!
  • The next off-content cycle will put some color on a Claire that happens to get pregnant during the Prologue, but in-game there won’t be discrete pregnancy / birth cycles – but there are certain aspects of the story that will change Claire’s options if she is with child. Fair warning: not likely for the better. May be your kink, but your kink may get Claire and the world killed. How far and how much will you push that limit? Bright side…No need for protection. Sex Romp engaged.
I like all of this so far except how it seems pregnancy will likely only be a tool to punish the player in the main game. I completely understand it, but I still don't like it. Yeah, a 5-9 month pregnant women probably won't be leaping off space station platforms, or go guns blazing in a firefight, or pilot a F-16.
I don't think any of that is the kind of adventure Claire is about to undertake, but it's worth considering if the plans the devs have for her is even the right kind of adventure. No secret spy agency would put a pregnant woman at risk. They'd choose someone else unless they had no other choice.

I'm sorry (but not sorry) for having the urge to reproduce and I project that drive into the game. :ROFLMAO: I can't help it. ;)
It just doesn't seem fair how pregnancy is the only kink that ever gets used as a punishment.

• Angry
Reactions: Tnetnba and Edhinor

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Yeah, a 5-9 month pregnant women probably won't be leaping off space station platforms, or go guns blazing in a firefight, or pilot a F-16.
I don't think any of that is the kind of adventure Claire is about to undertake, but it's worth considering if the plans the devs have for her is even the right kind of adventure. No secret spy agency would put a pregnant woman at risk. They'd choose someone else unless they had no other choice.
Course you can. Exercise at the last trimester are good for birth preparation.
Or at least that's what this movie say, idk

Reactions: CassieBare

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
I like all of this so far except how it seems pregnancy will likely only be a tool to punish the player in the main game. I completely understand it, but I still don't like it. Yeah, a 5-9 month pregnant women probably won't be leaping off space station platforms, or go guns blazing in a firefight, or pilot a F-16.

I'm sorry (but not sorry) for having the urge to reproduce and I project that drive into the game. :ROFLMAO: I can't help it. ;)
It just doesn't seem fair how pregnancy is the only kink that ever gets used as a punishment.
to be fair, pregnancy and the eighteen or so years after can be pretty punishing in real life. You’re never really the same.

Reactions: Tnetnba
Aug 25, 2020
Hence why I said I understand it. But too much realism in a game can be a slippery slope to ruining a game.
Since you get several opportunities to get on birth control a pregnancy related game over seems to be so easily avoidable you'd only have yourself to blame. We'll have to see how the full mechanics shake out but I doubt the dev is going to throw something like high blood pressure complications from hormonal BC or perforation from a dislodged IUD at players.

vicaddict

Sep 29, 2019
The more realism the better. I can't wait for a side quest where we have to fill out forms for our tax return. Lieing to the IRS about the number of your children? Claiming for drugs as as business expense? Think of the potential! :D

I really like the game so far. If anything I wish that it would run at a slower pace. Then again, we are only in the prologue to the actual spying stuff. But I find it very immersive, which is why I wish we could explore high school and college a bit more.

Last edited:

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Since you get several opportunities to get on birth control a pregnancy related game over seems to be so easily avoidable you'd only have yourself to blame. We'll have to see how the full mechanics shake out but I doubt the dev is going to throw something like high blood pressure complications from hormonal BC or perforation from a dislodged IUD at players.
Then what would be the point in giving the player a choice in the first place? If pregnancy always leads to a bad end, then the choice is meaningless because the player must take the birth control or risk the bad end. A game is always going to be just a game at the end of the day, and the goal of a game is to win. So when faced with the choice to either win or lose, it's not a real choice at all.

Last edited:

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Then what would be the point in giving the player a choice in the first place? If pregnancy always leads to a bad end, then the choice is meaningless because the player must take the birth control or risk the bad end. A game is a game, the goal of a game is to win. So when faced with the choice to either win or lose, it's not a really a choice at all.
It's not an automatic bad end, it just makes things harder, and that's only reasonable.
This ties back to my original point: why does pregnancy have to be bad in a game?
It's not like Claire is going on a chess tournament or a company convention, it's a mission as a secret agent. A pregnancy makes physical efforts challenging, makes blending in more difficult, depending on the case it might make emotional control weaker and intellectual tasks harder. It's not a light or irrelevant thing, far from that, having short and long-term consequences, it can be extremely exhausting and damaging to her health. If the Dev didn't make being pregnant an issue it wouldn't be realistic.
Why is this one kink almost always punished? How come it's never anal sex? Or a threesome? Who decided that pregnancy was a bad ending and rarely ever anything else? Why must the content I might want to see be tied to failure and most everyone else gets away scot-free?
Now, be for real. None of those have long-term consequences. Worst case scenario you'll be looking at a character with a limp or an embarrassing photo being spit-roasted. Pregnancy, on the other side, results in a baby. It can be dealt with, sure, but that in of itself would be a whole chapter away from the main story that has its own risks.

Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
It's not an automatic bad end, it just makes things harder, and that's only reasonable.

It's not like Claire is going on a chess tournament or a company convention, it's a mission as a secret agent. A pregnancy makes physical efforts challenging, makes blending in more difficult, depending on the case it might make emotional control weaker and intellectual tasks harder. It's not a light or irrelevant thing, far from that, having short and long-term consequences, it can be extremely exhausting and damaging to her health. If the Dev didn't make being pregnant an issue it wouldn't be realistic.

Now, be for real. None of those have long-term consequences. Worst case scenario you'll be looking at a character with a limp or an embarrassing photo being spit-roasted. Pregnancy, on the other side, results in a baby. It can be dealt with, sure, but that in of itself would be a whole chapter away from the main story that has its own risks.
As I said in my original post on this topic, "I completely understand it, but I still don't like it. Yeah, a 5-9 month pregnant women probably won't be leaping off space station platforms, or go guns blazing in a firefight, or pilot a F-16."

I don't need an explanation, the questions were rhetorical. It's fine as it is, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I would only argue that it would be fair to include options on the pregnancy route where some things actually do become easier. Obviously a pregnant Claire won't be crawling through air ducts, but it might be easier for her to negotiate sometimes. Most people are usually nicer to, and less suspicious of, pregnant women.

Last edited:

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Obviously a pregnant Claire won't be crawling through air ducts, but it might be easier for her to negotiate sometimes. Most people are usually nicer to, and less suspicious of, pregnant women.
I mean, this is what a (former) MI6 agent used to say
She said: “Being visibly pregnant can stimulate unusual conversations.

“Some of the hardest negotiators have softened, talking about their hopes for their children or the next generation.”
Link:

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
There is spy work that is possible while pregnant, spy work that is impossible while pregnant, and spy work that is even made easier while pregnant. Since we don't know the kind of story that Cassie is planning on telling but we do know that it's going to be not doable while relatively progressed in a pregnancy, I would assume that the plans are for the story to involve the kind of work that isn't readily accomplishable while with child.

There's also degrees of possible. Having a kid, assuming one does it right, forces a person to put a lot of what they had planned to do on hold. Sure, it might be physically possible to go traipsing around seedy bars canvassing people for info while pregnant, but drinking to fit in is usually contraindicated, and it's entirely possible the adventure Claire is on takes a back seat to her desire to do right by her child-to-be.

I do wonder if there will be abortion as an option, or if that's opening a can of worms that the author doesn't want to get into.

Sammie

Sep 8, 2017
Then what would be the point in giving the player a choice in the first place? If pregnancy always leads to a bad end, then the choice is meaningless because the player must take the birth control or risk the bad end. A game is always going to be just a game at the end of the day, and the goal of a game is to win. So when faced with the choice to either win or lose, it's not a real choice at all.
Sometimes the goal of a game is just to have fun and see how the content evolves. I don’t really play to win, just to explore and see what’s possible. Not every choice in this game is one I would make, or one my Claire would make. But I enjoy seeing what kind of journey it puts us on. I also enjoy seeing if the authors had realistic consequences for choices that I or people I know made in real life.

A game can be a journey of discovery.

Emogir

Aug 23, 2019
Hey so I've been enjoying this game for the couple hours I've been playing now, but I've just gotten to taking a gap year in Europe and the story really has a hard time with the friend you meet.

At first it was all good, but then it started getting the pronouns wrong every once in a while and then suddenly it went from a girl to a penis and precum and now there's even an error in the script apparently. And then from what I can see skimming ahead it just returns to it being a girl again.

Really confused here lol, don't even remember the gender of the friend being a question (though I suppose it might have been a hidden check based on previous choices, given that's sort of the vibe this game has going for it)

1701137511286.png

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes