Votes: 260 18.1%
  • Sophia

Votes: 322 22.4%
  • Lily

Votes: 730 50.8%

• Total voters

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
One rule that helped me get through college: don't bitch about free stuff.

F95 is the best way for any dev to get supporters. Since so many projects end up abandoned you cant blame people for not just throwing money at every project. I have supported 10 diffrent devs ( all that i found on this site) at given times and there are always a few hurdles that the project needs to pass before i start supporting.

Dont assume that eveyone one on here is just getting everything for free.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
F95 is the best way for any dev to get supporters. Since so many projects end up abandoned you cant blame people for not just throwing money at every project. I have supported 10 diffrent devs ( all that i found on this site) at given times and there are always a few hurdles that the project needs to pass before i start supporting.

I have supported 6 different projects and got well burned 4 times so far. That is I got ripped off 4 times.

HughMungous

Sep 7, 2017

Fair point. But there was this post a while back that was unreasonably mean. I'm like, bro, the world doesn't owe you anything.

I'm in your boat, if this game ever updates, and I like it, I'll throw some money at it. Hell, I've been supporting LOP for a while now, and aside from LWT their games aren't as good anymore. Maybe time to support newer, better devs.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I'm 3 for 3... burned man.
I am so sorry. Sucks when that happens. I am about 5 for 10, right now. I've given money to the development of Elysion, Blurred Lines, AOA, Bad Teacher, Teacher's Pets, and Acquainted... I am now just waiting for that inevitable, disgusting yellow Abandoned to show up on this one, too, now and I will be 6 for 10.
It sucks when a game is just flat-out abandoned for no reason. It especially sucks when the game has a TON of potential.

L0b0ts

Feb 22, 2021
I am so sorry. Sucks when that happens. I am about 5 for 10, right now. I've given money to the development of Elysion, Blurred Lines, AOA, Bad Teacher, Teacher's Pets, and Acquainted... I am now just waiting for that inevitable, disgusting yellow Abandoned to show up on this one, too, now and I will be 6 for 10.
It sucks when a game is just flat-out abandoned for no reason. It especially sucks when the game has a TON of potential.
This is just the perfect example of not blindly just financially supporting every project you think has potential.

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
This is just the perfect example of not blindly just financially supporting every project you think has potential.
Considering how 99% of the devs these days want a cash cow to milk without delivering, promissing it's taking long because he's doing a billion renders, only to release an update with 5min and promisse a fast next one with the other billion renders (and never deliver nothing of this), it's hard to support ANY project.

Not only new ones or promissing ones, well estabilished ones are pushing to fewer updates with fewer content. This is why on the last year and a half I just quitted supporting anything financially, and can't see myself doing it again for the foreseeable future.

When this "grab all the money you can, not working and lying you're working" (a thing, IMO, very close to stealing), pass, then it'll be safe to THINK about supporting financially a project. Till there, whoever does it, is burning cash in a slotted machine that have NO win option.

Dunno about the others, but I work to get my money, even the money I get out of stock market, was done with work. Can't see it being ok for a dev to not work and get money.
"BUT HE'S WORKING, HOW CAN YOU PROVE HE ISN'T? PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS". Well, we all have, still we go out to work everyday. Devs are the ones needing money out of their games, so they should be the ones proving they're working, and they do this releasing SIGNIFICANT updates on a schedule. Try to not deliver that report (or deliver a 25% version of it) by the deadline, and enjoy your boss reaction. Why should devs have it different?

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
Considering how 99% of the devs these days want a cash cow to milk without delivering, promissing it's taking long because he's doing a billion renders, only to release an update with 5min and promisse a fast next one with the other billion renders (and never deliver nothing of this), it's hard to support ANY project.

Not only new ones or promissing ones, well estabilished ones are pushing to fewer updates with fewer content. This is why on the last year and a half I just quitted supporting anything financially, and can't see myself doing it again for the foreseeable future.

When this "grab all the money you can, not working and lying you're working" (a thing, IMO, very close to stealing), pass, then it'll be safe to THINK about supporting financially a project. Till there, whoever does it, is burning cash in a slotted machine that have NO win option.

Dunno about the others, but I work to get my money, even the money I get out of stock market, was done with work. Can't see it being ok for a dev to not work and get money.
"BUT HE'S WORKING, HOW CAN YOU PROVE HE ISN'T? PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS". Well, we all have, still we go out to work everyday. Devs are the ones needing money out of their games, so they should be the ones proving they're working, and they do this releasing SIGNIFICANT updates on a schedule. Try to not deliver that report (or deliver a 25% version of it) by the deadline, and enjoy your boss reaction. Why should devs have it different?
The problem of todays devs is that they think, they will get money for free, for doing absolutely nothing and giving another 5 minutes of gameplay each month. There are even some devs that they were awesome. They were releasing monthly updates, they had a lot of supporters. And what happened? They changed from update every month to update every 3 months to release "more stuff" but in the fact it was the same amount of work done in 1 month.. People canceled their subs, there were less money, less money less work, even less work => even less money => one of the top projects on this website dead.

People with traditional job got problems too, but anyway they are working 40h weekly when some updates here could be done in one day(talking about programming part). I assume more that 90% of work is making art for the game
I was doing bigger and much complicated projects in my college. Noone paid me for it, and the projects were done in a month. And i was thinking about making one game by myself, but because i have no sense of art i given up.

Sad that another promising project is on hold

• Haha
Reactions: L0b0ts and Chaosguy

gibbonraver

May 8, 2020
The problem of todays devs is that they think, they will get money for free, for doing absolutely nothing and giving another 5 minutes of gameplay each month. There are even some devs that they were awesome. They were releasing monthly updates, they had a lot of supporters. And what happened? They changed from update every month to update every 3 months to release "more stuff" but in the fact it was the same amount of work done in 1 month.. People canceled their subs, there were less money, less money less work, even less work => even less money => one of the top projects on this website dead.

People with traditional job got problems too, but anyway they are working 40h weekly when some updates here could be done in one day(talking about programming part). I assume more that 90% of work is making art for the game
I was doing bigger and much complicated projects in my college. Noone paid me for it, and the projects were done in a month. And i was thinking about making one game by myself, but because i have no sense of art i given up.

Sad that another promising project is on hold
i could write one, no programming or art knowledge. lemme know.

• Haha
Reactions: L0b0ts

Feru452ax

Nov 23, 2020
One rule that helped me get through college: don't bitch about free stuff.
You should run trough college again, specially business, this way you would learn there's NO free stuff.
"Free products" is a way to grab the atention from people that usually would not care to check what you're offering.
"Free services" use your time and consumption to sell adds and get money, also staying relevant and attracting people, using the psychology condition know as "fear of being left behind".

So yeah, since consumers are USED as a "ambulant free marketer" for "Free products" and as a "cash cow" for "Free services" ads AND a "ambulant free marketer" too (think about social media, netflix, etc, etc), we have the right and OBLIGATION to "bitch" about free stuff.

We aren't talking about a dinner that your grandparents call you or a bar your friend call you to drink and he pays the bill alone. We are talking about products or services that are made by companies or small/solo developers who want to monetize on it, if a "free" product or service won't give them money, they wouldn't make it free at all.

It don't take an Einstein to understand a company (giant, small or from a single person) produce stuff to get MONEY, not out of charity. Stop being naive, specially considering you went to college.

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
Given some time, this game could have been legendary. But it's obvious there's 0 hope anymore, so I left the patreon. I should have probably done it sooner but I wanted to believe in it so badly.

HughMungous

Sep 7, 2017
You should run trough college again, specially business, this way you would learn there's NO free stuff.
"Free products" is a way to grab the atention from people that usually would not care to check what you're offering.
"Free services" use your time and consumption to sell adds and get money, also staying relevant and attracting people, using the psychology condition know as "fear of being left behind".

So yeah, since consumers are USED as a "ambulant free marketer" for "Free products" and as a "cash cow" for "Free services" ads AND a "ambulant free marketer" too (think about social media, netflix, etc, etc), we have the right and OBLIGATION to "bitch" about free stuff.

We aren't talking about a dinner that your grandparents call you or a bar your friend call you to drink and he pays the bill alone. We are talking about products or services that are made by companies or small/solo developers who want to monetize on it, if a "free" product or service won't give them money, they wouldn't make it free at all.

It don't take an Einstein to understand a company (giant, small or from a single person) produce stuff to get MONEY, not out of charity. Stop being naive, specially considering you went to college.
Yeah, and there's no investment cost. It's up to YOU to decide whether or not you like it. But it's free, hence no opportunity cost. If it's no cost to you, and you haven't invested, then you don't complain.

If you DID invest, then you can complain. You can get your $5/month back. Invest it well, big spender.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Dev is still being online but not commenting or replying. I don't know what the hell is he doing. IF it is a marketing stunt he thinks he is pulling than it's absolutely obnoxious to think something like this will work. At the very least he can tell us if he is going through personal issues or just abandoning the project as it didn't meet his expectations or the overload of work as getting to him. All my sympathies are with him if it is health/personal related stuff BUT AT LEAST TELL US DAMNIT!
It's a crime in itself to abandon such a beauty!:confused:

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
Dev is still being online but not commenting or replying. I don't know what the hell is he doing. IF it is a marketing stunt he thinks he is pulling than it's absolutely obnoxious to think something like this will work. At the very least he can tell us if he is going through personal issues or just abandoning the project as it didn't meet his expectations or the overload of work as getting to him. All my sympathies are with him if it is health/personal related stuff BUT AT LEAST TELL US DAMNIT!
It's a crime in itself to abandon such a beauty!:confused:
Maybe he just doesn't care anymore.

4.10 star(s) 22 Votes