Votes: 260 18.1%
  • Sophia

Votes: 322 22.4%
  • Lily

Votes: 730 50.8%

• Total voters

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I'm sorry you feel this way bud, and I get what you are saying about me disappearing, During those times i was not it the right head space to do any thing as I explained in my patreon page and its cool if you don't understand, but it's not cool to minimize the death of an immediate family member to " IRL Drama excuse". If it were a regular thing I was doing then you can say what you said, but if you check my track record aside from that time frame I've released new upates every 4 to 6 weeks and I have been checking in with my patreons. as for the patches I never considered that as an option but I think its a good idea and will be doing it in the future
Hey, a thousand apologies. I do not mean to minimalize death. I never said it didn't matter, or wasn't important. All I said was, that was your excuse. I've lost people, too. We've all lost people. That hasn't stopped me from working, or sending a quick update to bosses, or getting things done, or what not. I don't ghost for months. Not saying we're bosses, or management, or anything. But with the way anonymous game devs are now a days, it's hard to believe you beyond your "word". And a quick: "hey shits bad right now" believe me, goes a long way. Patrons like myself understand, and will empathize with a "I'm not doing good, and I am not working right now", they don't understand silence. As for your track record, yes it is great! And do keep it up, because your story is awesome.
Guys I support, and devs people really respect, like Mircom, and Cheeky Gimp have that courtesy to their Patrons, and they've been through just as bad, and worse. However, in the future, silence never helps any developer.

Last edited:

studio009

Game Developer
May 5, 2020
Not minimalizing death. I never said it didn't matter, or wasn't important. All I said was, that was your excuse. I've lost people, too. We've all lost people. That hasn't stopped me from working, or sending a quick update to bosses, or getting things done, or what not. I don't ghost for months. Not saying we're bosses, or management, or anything. But with the way anonymous game devs are now a days, it's hard to believe anyone beyond their "word". And a quick: "hey shits bad right now" believe me, goes a long way. Patrons like myself understand, and will empathize with a "I'm not doing good, and I am not working right now", they don't understand silence.
Guys I support, and devs people really respect, like Mircom, and Cheeky Gimp have that courtesy to their Patrons, and they've been through just as bad, and worse.
You're doing really well, and you're telling a good story in Blurred Lines. I am sorry for your loss. Believe me I have been there more than I'd like. But the best way to gain trust on Patron, and on this site is through consistency and honesty.
first off thank you for the compliments and I'm happy you are enjoying the story, like I said I do understand where you're coming from but everyone deals with grief diffrently this is just how I dealt with it, I'm not saying its right but its just how it happened,(since we're talking about other devs much like Tabboo who's games I love also dealt with his grief in a similar manner to me), I could have easliy kept updating my Patreons and not release any thing for months like many devs do (red loli or enyo). Even though I dissapeared when I came back, I came back with v0.3 which had lots of content and a whole different game mechanics (you may not like but it still took alot of time to change over). Just the shoot out event should let you know that I didn't stop working on the game, as for my consistency and honesty only time can attest to that.

studio009

Game Developer
May 5, 2020
Hey, a thousand apologies. I do not mean to minimalize death. I never said it didn't matter, or wasn't important. All I said was, that was your excuse. I've lost people, too. We've all lost people. That hasn't stopped me from working, or sending a quick update to bosses, or getting things done, or what not. I don't ghost for months. Not saying we're bosses, or management, or anything. But with the way anonymous game devs are now a days, it's hard to believe you beyond your "word". And a quick: "hey shits bad right now" believe me, goes a long way. Patrons like myself understand, and will empathize with a "I'm not doing good, and I am not working right now", they don't understand silence. As for your track record, yes it is great! And do keep it up, because your story is awesome.
Guys I support, and devs people really respect, like Mircom, and Cheeky Gimp have that courtesy to their Patrons, and they've been through just as bad, and worse. However, in the future, silence never helps any developer.
you changed your post I loved the "Golf clap" it made me laugh, now my reply makes me look like an ass . I want you to know I was not offended by your comments I think expressing what you actually think promotes open discussions which inturn lets me know what ppl are thinking and allows me the chance to explain my self so you guys can understand what i was thinking

Last edited:

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
you changed your post I loved the "Golf clap" it made me laugh, now my reply makes me look like an ass . I want you to know I was not offended by your comments I think expressing what you actually think promotes open discussions which inturn lets me know what ppl are thinking and allows me the chance to explain my self so you guys can understand what i was thinking
I only changed it because I did feel like a jerk. But you are right. We deal with grief in our own ways.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
first off thank you for the compliments and I'm happy you are enjoying the story, like I said I do understand where you're coming from but everyone deals with grief diffrently this is just how I dealt with it, I'm not saying its right but its just how it happened,(since we're talking about other devs much like Tabboo who's games I love also dealt with his grief in a similar manner to me), I could have easliy kept updating my Patreons and not release any thing for months like many devs do (red loli or enyo). Even though I dissapeared when I came back, I came back with v0.3 which had lots of content and a whole different game mechanics (you may not like but it still took alot of time to change over). Just the shoot out event should let you know that I didn't stop working on the game, as for my consistency and honesty only time can attest to that.
You are doing well, and you are (somewhat) consitant. And a simple "hey, things are bad" is way more welcome than "...", since that is a quick way to alienate fans.

studio009

Game Developer
May 5, 2020
You are doing well, and you are (somewhat) consitant. And a simple "hey, things are bad" is way more welcome than "...", since that is a quick way to alienate fans.
yea you're absolutely right and I guess I'm learning it the hard way,

Last edited:

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
so far 12 days has elapsed in the game, the sandbox wont make sense till day 14 , the game is building up to something exciting
You have a great game on your hands man but seeing the same "I don't have to go there" phrase gets annoying real fast.

I guess you're sticking to the sandbox so there's nothing that can change your mind... I just hope there's a walkthrough from day 14 onwards:WutFace:

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
yea you're absolutely right and I guess I'm learning it the hard way,
And listen, this is just criticism coming from a fan. I don't intend to be a dick, and there is no malice behind it. I do REALLY like the story you're telling. And you are doing excellent work with your game. Sure, it can be tweaked here and there, but so can everything. But kudos for coming to F95 and clearing shit up.

Reactions: studio009

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
hey guys plz report the update so others can find it too
You can do that yourself. Only one report is necessary (and from what I remember from running a few sites using this software, the reports are grouped together anyway). The staff will eventually see it and promote it on Latest Updates.

Reactions: hhhhy and studio009

studio009

Game Developer
May 5, 2020
You can do that yourself. Only one report is necessary (and from what I remember from running a few sites using this software, the reports are grouped together anyway). The staff will eventually see it and promote it on Latest Updates.
I did it more than 48hrs ago so idk

4.10 star(s) 22 Votes