relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Thx. But could you post 64 bit version here? I think the issue is i am running 32 bit version (at least on 0_4_4_f1 has got UnityCrashHandler32.exe)

Edit: Previous version 0_4_3_f3 had got UnityCrashHandler64.exe. No issues on running that version.
ah then that would be the issue. i switched to only providinf 64 bit builds at some point but maybe this patch was the cut.
it would make sense that it would also make problems on pcs with enough ram because 32 bit processors can only handle 4gb of ram for an application.

Reactions: Mr Technician

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
ah then that would be the issue. i switched to only providinf 64 bit builds at some point but maybe this patch was the cut.
it would make sense that it would also make problems on pcs with enough ram because 32 bit processors can only handle 4gb of ram for an application.
I suspect what causes it. This has to be something with Intel HD graphics and mem alloc. Game takes about 3.4 GB of RAM on my system. No matter if its a 32 bit or 64 bit. However Intel takes some of the PC RAM as VRAM for that video adapter.
So this may run out of memory region on 32 bit app. Better be to stick with 64 bit version.

EDIT: Just now i have used 4GB Patch on your executable file "bmotv_0_4_4_f1_unlocked__windows.exe". No succes - still crashes after making new game. I think that partialy confirms maybe Unity limitations with 32 bit apps on Windows?

Last edited:

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
v0.4.4.f2 has been uploaded, which fixes the major crash issues.
It is now a 64-bit excecutable only.

You can get the update on tfgames:

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
I suspect what causes it. This has to be something with Intel HD graphics and mem alloc. Game takes about 3.4 GB of RAM on my system. No matter if its a 32 bit or 64 bit. However Intel takes some of the PC RAM as VRAM for that video adapter.
So this may run out of memory region on 32 bit app. Better be to stick with 64 bit version.

EDIT: Just now i have used 4GB Patch on your executable file "bmotv_0_4_4_f1_unlocked__windows.exe". No succes - still crashes after making new game. I think that partialy confirms maybe Unity limitations with 32 bit apps on Windows?
it's an interesting theory, because it would explain why my PC doesn't have the issue, but my Surface with onboard graphics immediately crashes. Anyways... the 64-bit release should have fixed it.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
it's an interesting theory, because it would explain why my PC doesn't have the issue, but my Surface with onboard graphics immediately crashes. Anyways... the 64-bit release should have fixed it.
Back to Bimbofication! Thank you very much. It is working ok now. (the 64 bit version) :)

Reactions: relattic

Tsusaku

Oct 6, 2021
v0.4.4.f2 has been uploaded, which fixes the major crash issues.
It is now a 64-bit excecutable only.

You can get the update on tfgames:
It's a bit strange that the f1 bad version has 640MB and the good f2 has only 514MB. I don't mean anything wrong by that. Just asking, if it really is a propper version as it is almost 20% smaller.

PS: Hmm, looking at that, maybe it's because it has now only 64bit files. Just answering myself :)

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
question, how long until 0.4.5 gets released publicly? i would i be better off just subbing and getting it early, since from the changelog it seems to imply that there is more content added to the hucow route.

anominous

Oct 14, 2017
starting a new game and for some reason the "default, reduced and reduced+" videos remain on the screen and the dialog just autoplays really fast.. loading an old save works fine but there's no new content for old saves I guess

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
question, how long until 0.4.5 gets released publicly? i would i be better off just subbing and getting it early, since from the changelog it seems to imply that there is more content added to the hucow route.
I mean… there will always be a new version with more content. That’s the point of development ;) The release schedule is six weeks per patch.

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
starting a new game and for some reason the "default, reduced and reduced+" videos remain on the screen and the dialog just autoplays really fast.. loading an old save works fine but there's no new content for old saves I guess
Did you maybe press the space bar to skip?

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
I mean… there will always be a new version with more content.
Just to clarify for the smartarsses out there:
What the dev is saying is that the game isn't complete or abandoned, and that they are working on more content.
They are not saying that they are immortal and will be churning out patches every 6 weeks until the heat death of the universe.

;)

Just pre-empting some people ;)

relattic

Game Developer
May 11, 2019
Just to clarify for the smartarsses out there:
What the dev is saying is that the game isn't complete or abandoned, and that they are working on more content.
They are not saying that they are immortal and will be churning out patches every 6 weeks until the heat death of the universe.

;)

Just pre-empting some people ;)
Thanks for looking out ^^ I guess I need to be more careful with my words. Yes, the game will not be in development forever. In fact, I already have started working on the concept for the next project which i assume is about two years away.

• Red Heart
Reactions: voerman
2.90 star(s) 42 Votes