Ren'Py Abandoned Boarding School [v0.14b] [Innovation]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I found a couple of errors when playing the game. I found the two in the MC's room when I clicked on the book and when I clicked on the bed. I found another when I clicked on the MC's locker (at least I think it's his). Also, the map is confusing. I think it would be a good idea if you added character icons when you look at the map, so it can tell where are they. I know there's a schedule for the characters, but I think it would make it a little easier. Other than that, I thought the game was fine.

Reactions: innovation..

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
welp, Unfortunately As someone who only have an hour or so to play games, im going to have to pass on this, sandbox that has alot of empty spaces is soo jarring, a scheduled type of gameplay, reading through that hints and schedules just takes half of the time to actually progress through the game.

innovation..

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
I get that it's an early version, but making the player go through 3 weeks of absolutely nothing just to attend a Monday post-morning class to see the teacher dream-strip to her underwear is not a very good start. I get that there will eventually be other things the player is doing during those 3 weeks, but it's a terrible way to present your project at this point.

That's why I included the "Cheat" system.
I just started writing the story after the basics were ready and before I wrote for several hours I wanted to get some feedback first. In the end, I program the game for myself too.

innovation..

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
I found a couple of errors when playing the game. I found the two in the MC's room when I clicked on the book and when I clicked on the bed. I found another when I clicked on the MC's locker (at least I think it's his). Also, the map is confusing. I think it would be a good idea if you added character icons when you look at the map, so it can tell where are they. I know there's a schedule for the characters, but I think it would make it a little easier. Other than that, I thought the game was fine.
Can you upload the traceback.txt file for me?
I actually fixed this bug in version v0.09-b.
I'll add a note on the map that shows when someone is in a room.

Thank you so much for your effort!

Reactions: Zontany

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Can you upload the traceback.txt file for me?
I actually fixed this bug in version v0.09-b.
I'll add a note on the map that shows when someone is in a room.

Thank you so much for your effort!
No problem, I'm glad to help. I'll upload the file tomorrow afternoon after my classes are done.

innovation..

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
welp, Unfortunately As someone who only have an hour or so to play games, im going to have to pass on this, sandbox that has alot of empty spaces is soo jarring, a scheduled type of gameplay, reading through that hints and schedules just takes half of the time to actually progress through the game.
That's so true.
Sandbox games are not good for that.
Especially at the moment my game doesn't offer a lot of content.
Over time, however, this will be expanded significantly and the grind will be adjusted.
You might like to check back in a few months.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi, Got a crash
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png'
That "/0" should be dropped.

All of these have the same issue

Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1074: image dorm03_1 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1075: image dorm03_2 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1076: image dorm03_3 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1148: image dorm03_1 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1149: image dorm03_2 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1150: image dorm03_3 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1240: image locker1 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1241: image locker2 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1242: image locker3 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/5.png"

mlocker and dorm are not in folder 0

On Tuesday Forenoon and Thursday Noon went to Bio Class to find that was not my class, but
timesheet showed it was.

Last edited:

innovation..

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
Hi, Got a crash
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png'
That "/0" should be dropped.

All of these have the same issue

Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1074: image dorm03_1 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1075: image dorm03_2 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1076: image dorm03_3 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1148: image dorm03_1 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1149: image dorm03_2 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1150: image dorm03_3 = "images/places/background/0/dorm_03/5.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1240: image locker1 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/0.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1241: image locker2 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/1.png"
Scripts\Chapters\1.rpy:1242: image locker3 = "images/places/background/0/mlocker_01/5.png"

mlocker and dorm are not in folder 0

On Tuesday Forenoon and Thursday Noon went to Bio Class to find that was not my class, but
timesheet showed it was.

This bug should actually be fixed in the latest version 0.09-b.
You are in the "Level 1" class. With Emily and Sophia.
This has sport on Tuesday and Thursday.
So you will not find it in the class itself.

Thank you for your effort of testing my game!

innovation..

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
woh I had completely missed this game, let’s test it
Thanks, but keep in mind that I haven't had much in the game so far.
However, I have currently completed the basic story and made some changes to UI / UX and general game changes.

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes