3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
To be fair, the patreon supporters are 100% entitled to new updates, or at least explanations as to why the update is taking so long, after all, they are PAYING. But when it comes to the people who don't support him on patreon, yes, they are not entitled to anything.
Tás enganado.

# Nope... You mean well but you're wrong. Both patrons and freeloaders are entitled to complain because, first of all, this is a forum and second, and most importantly, because people (payers and non payers) are constantly being wronged, deceived by this kind of devs (RAInces and associates...)

This forum is used by devs to promote their work and drive fans to their monetization funnels. If they use deception to accomplish that, then that entitles us (any user of this forum) to bash them.

A supporter or a fan is not a client. Therefore no one is entitled to demand when or if deadlines are met. But we are entitled to demand honest communication (not to be lied to), to keep us posted everytime he can't keep his own promises...

It's early March so there's still some time but sadly enough he has done this a bit too frequently lately (it was supposed to be a Xmas release - long overdue -, already finished and tested for quite a while - or not...)

People LIE, we BASH them.

Last edited:

rozwielitka

Jul 23, 2017
Tás enganado.

# Nope... You mean well but you're wrong. Both patrons and freeloaders are entitled to complain because, first of all, this is a forum and second, and most importantly, because people (payers and non payers) are constantly being wronged, deceived by this kind of devs (RAInces and associates...)

This forum is used by devs to promote their work and drive fans to their monetization funnels. If they use deception to accomplish that, than that entitles us (any user of this forum) to bash them.

A supporter or a fan is not a client. Therefore no one is entitled to demand when or if deadlines are met. But we are entitled to demand honest communication (not to be lied to), to keep us posted everytime he can't keep his own promises...

It's early March so there's still some time but sadly enough he has done this a bit too frequently lately (it was supposed to be a Xmas release - long overdue -, already finished and tested for quite a while - or not...)

People LIE, we BASH them.

Did you just write that if one is a liar, we have the right to treat everyone like that? do not generalize, because so far Zip seems to be fine

And the fact that it is a forum means that you can comment on the product. But at the same time crying that you have to wait and still this product have to be free are far from being fair.

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
Did you just write that if one is a liar, we have the right to treat everyone like that? do not generalize, because so far Zip seems to be fine

And the fact that it is a forum means that you can comment on the product. But at the same time crying that you have to wait and still this product have to be free are far from being fair.
It's not about who's fine or not, he just didn't meet his own deadlines, no one imposed on him, he told himself repeatedly when he would finish and still he didn't meet a single deadline, often without no explanation or much too late.

Reactions: edgaia

momojean

Sep 15, 2017

I agree that we cannot impose on a Dev the pace at which he works, nor the periodicity of his updates.
But here we are talking about a guy who came over two months ago to say that the update was ready and that he is just testing it. But who comes back several weeks later to say that he has health problems and that he needs a little time to finish it.
And since then, he pops up from time to time to tell us that it's almost finished...and it's been going on for weeks.
After that, you can't come here and blame people for thinking he's a liar. Because it's obvious he's been lying for months now and no one believes his "almost ready" anymore.

rozwielitka

Jul 23, 2017
It seems to me that the broader background is being overlooked in this assessment. Remember that RA generated 1 update in a year with one or two events. And you're attacking a guy who's taken over someone else's job to everyone's delight. Like i said - for me its quite unfair.

Don't forget that he does it as a hobby, and those who pay him do it voluntarily. He can have his job, family, private life. May not meet the deadline strictly, but produces updates regularly. And honestly, that's enough for me. I prefer to wait a week or two longer if it guarantees quality

I guess I look at it differently.

Reactions: Zackhan002

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
It seems to me that the broader background is being overlooked in this assessment. Remember that RA generated 1 update in a year with one or two events. And you're attacking a guy who's taken over someone else's job to everyone's delight. Like i said - for me its quite unfair.

Don't forget that he does it as a hobby, and those who pay him do it voluntarily. He can have his job, family, private life. May not meet the deadline strictly, but produces updates regularly. And honestly, that's enough for me. I prefer to wait a week or two longer if it guarantees quality

I guess I look at it differently.
Everything you say is true.
But why is he lying? Why he came a few months ago to say that the update was ready when it wasn't and still isn't after several months.
People accept that he has his own life and his own problems. But nothing justifies his repeated lies.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018

Outra vez?

# If someone keeps lying, he must expect some kind of bashing. Zip has been kinda fine till this last update but lately not so much...

No, you're wrong. This is a forum, not a comment box. People are meant to argue and discuss matters at hand, in this case Zip's unreliability - not only the delayed release but mostly the lack of update (explanation/news) when missing his own deadlines. Free game isn't fair? And free publicity in this forum is? Where do his patrons come from? His game is not for sale, he collects "donations" from supporters to continue his work... Therefore it's meant to be public.

Everything you say is true.
But why is he lying? Why he came a few months ago to say that the update was ready when it wasn't and still isn't after several months.
People accept that he has his own life and his own problems. But nothing justifies his repeated lies.
It's not about who's fine or not, he just didn't meet his own deadlines, no one imposed on him, he told himself repeatedly when he would finish and still he didn't meet a single deadline, often without no explanation or much too late.
É precisamente isso.

# Exactly.

Last edited:

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
I honestly believe he (she, it, they, them) may have had some medical issue and depending on age and severity it may be harder too bounce back from or slower getting into the grove of things again; than they (them, it) would like to admit.
We all deny are own weakness more then we would like to admit.

NANA -Never air any dirty laundry, Only hang the clean sheets.
Genrikh Yagoda NKVD Director 1934–1936 -Чистый дом – надежный дом. (A clean house is a safe house.)

• Haha
Reactions: edgaia and Kapparot

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
Genrikh Yagoda NKVD Director 1934–1936 -Чистый дом – надежный дом. (A clean house is a safe house.)
it seems that you are inspired by the "classics"...

• Haha

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
I honestly believe he (she, it, they, them) may have had some medical issue and depending on age and severity it may be harder too bounce back from or slower getting into the grove of things again; than they (them, it) would like to admit.
We all deny are own weakness more then we would like to admit.

Este thread está mesmo a bater no fundo... :ROFLMAO:

# When even a smart fella as yourself feels the need to quote such a dreadful Stalin officer, it's time to admit this thread is slowly going down the toilet...

Reactions: Qalx

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Este thread está mesmo a bater no fundo... :ROFLMAO:

# When even a smart fella as yourself feels the need to quote such a dreadful Stalin officer, it's time to admit this thread is slowly going down the toilet...
?? He may have been a dreadful officer but his house was spotless! Maybe he picked the wrong career, he should have been a janitor.

• Haha

ohall

Aug 13, 2019
actions are the truth,why bother to bitch about it unless your life is somehow dependent upon the update.try new games we are three months in 23'and this update has christmas shit...deadbeat dev.stay tunrd for further excuses people.people lie actions do not

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes