3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
yup I said that... not sure what your point is? Mine was that it fuels entitled trolling.

Does Zipties patreon have a chat forum? or is it just notifications.
As far as I know only comments on the stuff he posts.

Hans_

Aug 13, 2017
My guess is because $1 Trolls are a thing, people who act entitled like they are members of the board because they donated $1
If you make a good product and don't make promises you never plan on keeping then I don't see why you should be afraid of trolls.

• Red Heart
Reactions: edgaia

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If you make a good product and don't make promises you never plan on keeping then I don't see why you should be afraid of trolls.
Two words you don't seem to understand
  1. Product
    A product is something you BUY. (AKA something you are expressly promised in exchange for money)
    The only products you are buying as a $1 patron are
    • Access to Patron-only community
    • Access to Games and Mods 8 Weeks after release.
    • Access to up and coming previews etc.
    • Access to Behind-the-scenes content
    • Digital downloads

The Game is NOT a product (Supporting is not Buying)
      A voice in making the Game is NOT a product (Nor is communication by the Dev, It's definitely good practice to invest in good communication with your patrons but it is not part of the purchase package)
  2. Troll
    A Troll isn't a reasonable person by definition, they are either people to stupid to understand why they are wrong or too malicious to care. Quality of Products or anything else is irrelevant.
Like I said in an earlier post I hate the Patreon model, it seems designed with disingenuous practices in mind, why isn't there an option to Tip a Creator on project completion? A simple Bonus Payment that helps reward creators who fulfill their aims in a timely manner.

Last edited:

drres

Dec 6, 2022
Chill out give Zip the benefit of the doubt maybe he faced some technical issue just because the previous games got cancelled so frequently doesn't mean this one will too.

(It probably will but one can hope)

Let's wait a little
People from the patreon can u guys tell us if there's an update?

P.S.
Its humorous to see those who just take this game for free critic those who gave 1 $ and Zip for limiting its his choice and u were not going to pay anyways why are you crying?
let the guy do his work peacefully man

Am not at all sorry if u find this offensive
By all means bring on the backlash

• Haha
Reactions: Don202 and edgaia

edcl58

Oct 24, 2020
Two words you don't seem to understand
  1. Product
    A product is something you BUY. (AKA something you are expressly promised in exchange for money)
    The only products you are buying as a $1 patron are
    • Access to Patron-only community
    • Access to Games and Mods 8 Weeks after release.
    • Access to up and coming previews etc.
    • Access to Behind-the-scenes content
    • Digital downloads

The Game is NOT a product (Supporting is not Buying)
      A voice in making the Game is NOT a product (Nor is communication by the Dev, It's definitely good practice to invest in good communication with your patrons but it is not part of the purchase package)
  2. Troll
    A Troll isn't a reasonable person by definition, they are either people to stupid to understand why they are wrong or too malicious to care. Quality of Products or anything else is irrelevant.

Chill out give Zip the benefit of the doubt maybe he faced some technical issue just because the previous games got cancelled so frequently doesn't mean this one will too.

(It probably will but one can hope)

Let's wait a little
People from the patreon can u guys tell us if there's an update?

P.S.
Its humorous to see those who just take this game for free critic those who gave 1 $ and Zip for limiting its his choice and u were not going to pay anyways why are you crying?
let the guy do his work peacefully man

Am not at all sorry if u find this offensive
By all means bring on the backlash
Please. Communication solves alot of this garbage ! Not giving update status is on him/her and nobody else.. Excuse making has become a trend

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Please. Communication solves alot of this garbage ! ...
[Fix your post dude, you dropped it inside the quote]

Sure I agree, bad communication is bad practice, but based on ZipTies English I'm guessing that is tough for him, so I'm inclined to cut him a break.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
[Fix your post dude, you dropped it inside the quote]

Sure I agree, bad communication is bad practice, but based on ZipTies English I'm guessing that is tough for him, so I'm inclined to cut him a break.
Qualquer um sabe dizer: vou precisar de um pouco mais de tempo...

# Anyone, at any english level can post: "It will take a while, not ready yet..." (google :D) But to monetize it his lack of skill was never in his way. I'd cut him some slack if it happened here and there (not the case here - constantly for this forthcoming update). There's a tiny probability I'm being unfair to him but then again we've been waiting for the "upload" not for hours but for months... RAInces all over again ( let's hope not, he'll eventually release it but...)

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Qualquer um sabe dizer: vou precisar de um pouco mais de tempo...

# Anyone, at any english level can post: "It will take a while, not ready yet..." (google :D) But to monetize it his lack of skill was never in his way. I'd cut him some slack if it happened here and there (not the case here - constantly for this forthcoming update). There's a tiny probability I'm being unfair to him but then again we've been waiting for the "upload" not for hours but for months... RAInces all over again ( let's hope not, he'll eventually release it but...)
Repeating "it will take a while" over and over just invites Trolling, good communication requires transparency which might be beyond his language skills, particularly if he is missing deadlines because of issues he doesn't fully understand, I personally have missed soooooo many deadlines over silly little errors that should have taken me seconds to fix, if I had known where to look (20/20 hindsight), I lost count of how many times I thought I had fixed an issue just for it to crop up again (or create a new issue), how many times I honestly told my boss it would be sorted "soon".... :cautious:

Does anyone know what level of education/experience ZipTieFun has? So many of these Devs are self taught, never learning good practice, meanwhile so many people citing how easy it is for a qualified person/company to do the same work.

But Meh!... No point in speculating It'll be here when it's here or it won't be.

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Repeating "it will take a while" over and over just invites Trolling, good communication requires transparency which might be beyond his language skills, particularly if he is missing deadlines because of issues he doesn't fully understand, I personally have missed soooooo many deadlines over silly little errors that should have taken me seconds to fix, if I had known where to look (50/50 hindsight), I lost count of how many times I thought I had fixed an issue just for it to crop up again (or create a new issue), how many times I honestly told my boss it would be sorted "soon".... :cautious:

Does anyone know what level of education/experience ZipTieFun has? So many of these Devs are self taught, never learning good practice, meanwhile so many people citing how easy it is for a qualified person/company to do the same work.

But Meh!... No point in speculating It'll be here when it's here or it won't be.
Estás a divagar...

# I think you're overthinking this and underestimating him. It's very simple: "wait, not ready" once or twice, show some progress pics every now and then, post a release date when confident, (if) miss it, only by little. Like in any other work environment. (Trolls will be trolls no matter what, who cares what they say. Angry fans on the other hand...)

It's no speculation. Some fans, me included, are angry with him for a reason...

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Estás a divagar...

# I think you're overthinking this and underestimating him...
No bud I'm not judging him at all, I suspect you and many others overestimate the abilities and experience of many of these Devs, I have no idea where ZipTie sits on this scale and don't really care, as I've said several times now, the update will be here when it's here or it won't be.

I've never paid anything to him and he owes nothing to me. Anything I get is pure profit.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I did paid, as I believe, work should be rewarded.
He is the only person, that can, potentially, finish the game, without Rainces.
Not really angry, dissapointed. As if something went wrong, i'd rather know.
Still, it COULD!! be an April Fools joke... We'll see :)

Reactions: edgaia

drres

Dec 6, 2022
Yeah I totally agree with you
You should work on some communication skill though
No offence but writing your comment in the quote doesn't set an exemplary example of communication.

• Wow
Reactions: migsszx

edcl58

Oct 24, 2020
No bud I'm not judging him at all, I suspect you and many others overestimate the abilities and experience of many of these Devs, I have no idea where ZipTie sits on this scale and don't really care, as I've said several times now, the update will be here when it's here or it won't be.

I've never paid anything to him and he owes nothing to me. Anything I get is pure profit.
Missing the point. Don’t write checks you can’t cash ! Don’t make promises you can’t deliver on , or whatever other saying you want. PERIOD.
It’s not difficult for me. You promote a date, have it done, no excuses

Oct 26, 2022

Well said.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes