VN Bonds of Trust - A game idea with the focus on a Dom/Sub-relationship

Which 3 hair styles do you prefer? (1 - 10)

• Total voters

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I'm glad you're cool with what I said. I'm also gladden to hear that you "had a lot of fun" in creating the character. You got to have fun in what you're doing, right? Otherwise, why bother? *Grins*

I never intended her to be a professional dominatrix like you would imagine one.
Uh, okay? Were you imagining that we, users, were talking the movie and game cliche one where they go about their day dressed in black leather and whip in hand? 'Cause yeah, I wasn't imagine that at all. (Was going to post some images but whatever.) Like other sexual preferences, most cannot be spotted by just looking into a crowd.

Anyway, I'm glad you (G.Phil) still have a lot of interest and desire to go forward with a game. Again, especially since it's your first(?), well, at least it is in Ren'Py, I just hope you don't make a mountain out of it and make creating a good game an impossible task. Try creating a short "episode" or two in Ren'Py to practice upon and gain experience. Creators, like all people, can imagine a lot and strive for unrealistic goals with ever greater expectations--new additions being placed on top of one another which can quickly spiral out of control, for example. I mean, take new year's resolutions... 80% of people around the world that had a resolution in mind fails by mid-February, and by end of that year less than 6% have met their resolution, and the numbers show that the success rate is trending negatively--it's falling year after year. Hence, I'd say to help achieve success and not get burned out and giving up is to create a plan and stick with it:
  • Choose a specific, realistic objective such as creating a character, the background environment, an episode, or a scene.
  • Set a deadline. It'll help motivate you.
  • Don't put things off last minute; don't procrastinate. Take time to actually do it.
  • Make small, but measurable steps that makes forward progress to achieve the above objective in the overall goal of creating a game.
  • Develop your skills while following through with your objective.
  • Reward yourself when an objective is completed. Bask in glory of accomplishment!
Well, I got to get going (work). Those are just suggestions. Whatever you decide and how you go about reaching them is ultimately your decision. Regardless, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can eventually achieve your goal--so that all of use can play the game, lol!

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I'm glad you're cool with what I said. I'm also gladden to hear that you "had a lot of fun" in creating the character. You got to have fun in what you're doing, right? Otherwise, why bother? *Grins*
Exactly! The only thing that I wish is to have more time, but that isn't anything I can change, so I have to live with it :D

Uh, okay? Were you imagining that we, users, were talking the movie and game cliche one where they go about their day dressed in black leather and whip in hand? 'Cause yeah, I wasn't imagine that at all. (Was going to post some images but whatever.) Like other sexual preferences, most cannot be spotted by just looking into a crowd.
Well actually I like playing around with clichés and stereotypes ;) I mean what do you see, when you think of a domme? Exactly what you described :D But of course I don't want to overuse the stereotypes. I want to change and mix them up in a good way. But I also want to make use of unusual other ways. But yeah the two protagonists will be more "normal" looking I think. What I want to use the BDSM club for is to place all sorts of characters there, that I was working on and that fit there. With some you can interact with some not.

Anyway, I'm glad you (G.Phil) still have a lot of interest and desire to go forward with a game. Again, especially since it's your first(?), well, at least it is in Ren'Py, I just hope you don't make a mountain out of it and make creating a good game an impossible task. Try creating a short "episode" or two in Ren'Py to practice upon and gain experience. Creators, like all people, can imagine a lot and strive for unrealistic goals with ever greater expectations--new additions being placed on top of one another which can quickly spiral out of control, for example. I mean, take new year's resolutions... 80% of people around the world that had a resolution in mind fails by mid-February, and by end of that year less than 6% have met their resolution, and the numbers show that the success rate is trending negatively--it's falling year after year. Hence, I'd say to help achieve success and not get burned out and giving up is to create a plan and stick with it:
  • Choose a specific, realistic objective such as creating a character, the background environment, an episode, or a scene.
  • Set a deadline. It'll help motivate you.
  • Don't put things off last minute; don't procrastinate. Take time to actually do it.
  • Make small, but measurable steps that makes forward progress to achieve the above objective in the overall goal of creating a game.
  • Develop your skills while following through with your objective.
  • Reward yourself when an objective is completed. Bask in glory of accomplishment!
I know what you mean. I try to find a good pace for myself. My first goal is to create a small game, maybe just one scene or a small episode. Depending on if I can figure out Ren'Py it can be either a Kinect novel-episode or maybe it actually has small choices.
At the moment I focus on finding the character designs for the main characters. Then after my longer holiday in April, I will focus on setting up the scenes and then I can really try to set a deadline for me to see if I can do it.

Reactions: TheDevian

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok for the tattooed woman, I tried to tone the tattoos down a bit, so they look more real and I also tried using a new set of tattoos. Although I am still not 100% satisfied with it. After this I will tone down her pupes and the colors on her face.

So what version do you prefer?
GP_Eva_with Tattoos_compare.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And a small something with the toned down tattoos and the redhead character :)
GP_Eva x Elizabeta_Camera 1.png

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
both are good, like the Japanese woman on the back a bit better though, but I admit, I am bias. :whistle:

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
both are good, like the Japanese woman on the back a bit better though, but I admit, I am bias. :whistle:
I still hope to find a good dragon tattoo for the back though :D
I also hope to find some more dark tattoos like on her leg. Something more Steampunk like would be cool as well.
Also I would love to have a BDSM related tattoo

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
How long has this been a thing? I need this to be real.
Well I had the idea for a BDSM story for some years now, but I started to play adult VNs since August 2018, so that was the point where my mind change to an adult game with the focus on BDSM. Especially because this genre isn't really used that well in adult games.
But yeah, sadly I can't focus as much time on this as I would like to :)

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
99% of these games are incest and one of the times somebody come up with something different, they don't have enough time. lol
I'm ashamed I was here before you and you have better numbers already.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
99% of these games are incest and one of the times somebody come up with something different, they don't have enough time. lol
I'm ashamed I was here before you and you have better numbers already.
I mean incest can be exciting in a game. But it is just overused nowadays. But at least there are some games that don't have incest as a theme.
It is not only about numbers, it is about if you have fun in creating something. I mean sometimes I think as well that I just want to play all the games. But then I see what possibilities you have and I really want to make a game for myself, even if it will take some years for it.

v1si0n4ry

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I am interested in BDSM Games and am actually planning my next one to be BDSM themed. If you decide to start development or want to colab let me know

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I am interested in BDSM Games and am actually planning my next one to be BDSM themed. If you decide to start development or want to colab let me know
Well for now I can't really say a date or anything, because I want to focus on the basics for now. I also don't mind a colab, but I have a pretty specific idea of how I want it to look and feel. But yeah for now I focus on the learning part, as I soon have holidays.

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
Ok for the tattooed woman, I tried to tone the tattoos down a bit, so they look more real and I also tried using a new set of tattoos. Although I am still not 100% satisfied with it. After this I will tone down her pupes and the colors on her face.

So what version do you prefer?
View attachment 266559

And a small something with the toned down tattoos and the redhead character :)
View attachment 266558
Have to say i like the third one the most..

Her skin tone seems to be slightly darker.
And that in contrast with the beautiful red cutie could make a amazing combination in my head.

Would trim her Pubic Area a little bit though(Not remove it, me personally likes a good welcome sign).
But right now it seems to be a little bit to "bushy"

And her tattoo's seems to be a little bit more "darker" and dominant, instead of the colored "happy" from the first 2

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Have to say i like the third one the most..

Her skin tone seems to be slightly darker.
And that in contrast with the beautiful red cutie could make a amazing combination in my head.

Would trim her Pubic Area a little bit though(Not remove it, me personally like a good welcome sign).
But right now it seems to be a little bit to "bushy"

And her tattoo's seems to be a little bit more "darker" and dominant, instead of the colored "happy" from the first 2
Yeah I like the third version the most as well, although the second works pretty fine as well.
The skin tone is the same in all three, I kind of messed the lightning up in the third, that's why it is darker.

The tattooed girl will be most likely a sidecharacter though. She will be a good friend of the male protagonist, so she can be an option for some scenes.

And about the pubes, I mean I might also change the color, it is a bit extreme with this, and I tone it down a bit, but all in all I want her to be a bit more "natural" down there.

I want her tattoos to be a good mix of dark and colored tattoos I think

Reactions: J II D

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
Yeah I like the third version the most as well, although the second works pretty fine as well.
The skin tone is the same in all three, I kind of messed the lightning up in the third, that's why it is darker.

The tattooed girl will be most likely a sidecharacter though. She will be a good friend of the male protagonist, so she can be an option for some scenes.

And about the pubes, I mean I might also change the color, it is a bit extreme with this, and I tone it down a bit, but all in all I want her to be a bit more "natural" down there.

I want her tattoos to be a good mix of dark and colored tattoos I think
Side Character or not, she lookes very nice and kinky : ).

As for the pubes, natural is all good.
Don't get me wrong, i like a nice clean shaved on as much as the next guy.
But a nice clean welcome mat is pretty amazing to.

But right now it seems out of place with the rest of her body... Everything looks nice and clean and taken care of, yet downstairs looks like she doesn't give a fuck and just let's it go.
So yeah, a little trim so it looks "cleaner" might do the trick... But i 100% agree with you that natural is the way to go .

Dark and colored tattoo's are great, but would suggest that you pick tattoo's that add to her personality.
Strong and bossy girl that likes to be dominant probably won't have colory flowers but more something more dominant and darker like (chains, dragons, cuffs, skulls or things like that).

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Side Character or not, she lookes very nice and kinky : ).
I agree :)

As for the pubes, natural is all good.
Don't get me wrong, i like a nice clean shaved on as much as the next guy.
But a nice clean welcome mat is pretty amazing to.

But right now it seems out of place with the rest of her body... Everything looks nice and clean and taken care of, yet downstairs looks like she doesn't give a fuck and just let's it go.
So yeah, a little trim so it looks "cleaner" might do the trick... But i 100% agree with you that natural is the way to go .
Yeah she has to take a bit more care of herself :) She will shave a bit and change the color a bit down there (y)

Dark and colored tattoo's are great, but would suggest that you pick tattoo's that add to her personality.
Strong and bossy girl that likes to be dominant probably won't have colory flowers but more something more dominant and darker like (chains, dragons, cuffs, skulls or things like that).
I agree again, my biggest problem is that I still didn't find any good presets, so I might have to make them myself somehow.

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
I agree :)

Yeah she has to take a bit more care of herself :) She will shave a bit and change the color a bit down there (y)

I agree again, my biggest problem is that I still didn't find any good presets, so I might have to make them myself somehow.
Had to look on a discord channel for a bit.
But a friend of mine(also a developer)uses these bundles

And i believe a couple more and he designs a lot of that stuff himself for his game.(will give him a shout if he can specify all the ones)

J II D

Aug 22, 2018
That is actually the one I used first, with the really bright colors.

And there are a lot of Tattoo bundles out there, so I might need to mix them up.
There is a lot of everything in those stores.

They actually said a while back that they don't go to the store page anymore because with every new Store Update something new comes up that they could use in his game.
And they once posted a image of all the bundles/objects/models the bought from the store, and i understood it at once.

Not much of a graphic designer myself, more a proofreader/tester for them.

Mixing it up might be the way to go indeed, that way you also ensure that it's personal and all from you instead of risking the chance of it showing up in multiple other games..

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
There is a lot of everything in those stores.

They actually said a while back that they don't go to the store page anymore because with every new Store Update something new comes up that they could use in his game.
And they once posted a image of all the bundles/objects/models the bought from the store, and i understood it at once.

Not much of a graphic designer myself, more a proofreader/tester for them.

Mixing it up might be the way to go indeed, that way you also ensure that it's personal and all from you instead of risking the chance of it showing up in multiple other games..
Exactly, I mean there is way too much stuff on the store, I could buy something everyday!

And as the amount of different tattoos is quite limited, I have to think of something. I just don't want the character to like like a copy of another character from a different game.
This might be really difficult without a custom tattoo.