VN Bonds of Trust - A game idea with the focus on a Dom/Sub-relationship

Which 3 hair styles do you prefer? (1 - 10)

• Total voters

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well, that sounds like a good match because I'm not much of a sadist. A little spanking or paddling can be fun, but for me the whips would be for show unless she was a real painslut. No, what I like here is the bondage and vibrator. I would tell her she has to take a dozen strikes, then if she thanks Daddy for disciplining her, she can cum. Of course because I'm not a sadist, I would be in no hurry to hit her, and with the vibrator gnawing at her cunt she might get a little impatient and need to beg for her punishment. Unfortunately, I can't understand her with the gag in so it might be a while before she gets that cum she wants so badly.
...OK, maybe I'm a little bit of a sadist. :devilish:
I mean just because you are into BDSM doesn't mean that you are in sadistic or masochistic stuff ;) That's why I want flashed out side characters that portrait all kinds of different preferences in kinks, etc. BDSM is such a huge and wide field of interests and all of them can have appeal to someone.
There will definitly be a character that is totally into some really painful stuff. Not sure how far I will show it (obviously optional), but it is also a side of BDSM, so I kind of want to show it all.

Well she knows, that she is only allowed to cum, when Daddy allows he to :sneaky: And she doesn't want to disappoint him, so tries her best. And with this gag she would obviously droll a lot while she tries to convince her Daddy that she really wants to cum. I have to see how I can show that. Never worked with fluids before ^^

And then you force her to cum as often as possible, till she can't walk anymore :devilish:

While it would be a lot of fun to see her wriggle and writhe, don't forget that in a game animation isn't the only extra possibility over making an image set or comic. Audio can really make a difference, a low buzz in the background and some muffled moans should get the point across quite nicely. Or, you could go the comic route (see example to right), although if you planned to localise having the effects baked into the images would be an issue; you'd want to do some form of layering.
Yeah I was thinking of an audio, thought hearing her would really be the best. As good as the comicy buzz looks as much it doesn't really fit the game. I have to see what possibilities I have in Daz.

Reactions: J..D

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
There will definitly be a character that is totally into some really painful stuff. Not sure how far I will show it (obviously optional), but it is also a side of BDSM, so I kind of want to show it all.
The impression I got previously was that the main girl would have a wide variety of kinks available rather than using different girls for different things. Did I misunderstand, or is the plan to have side girls that the MC will show the main girl different types of play with prior to her trying them herself?
Yeah I was thinking of an audio, thought hearing her would really be the best. As good as the comicy buzz looks as much it doesn't really fit the game. I have to see what possibilities I have in Daz.
I would certainly recommend anyone making a game think of audio. Consistency is important, however; a mostly silent game with sound effects at large intervals doesn't come across well in my opinion.

Reactions: TheDevian

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
The impression I got previously was that the main girl would have a wide variety of kinks available rather than using different girls for different things. Did I misunderstand, or is the plan to have side girls that the MC will show the main girl different types of play with prior to her trying them herself?
Ahh yeah I guess it got a bit confusing here.
The game Bonds of Trust, will only focus on the relationship of the male and female protagonist to each other. But as the game will take place a lot of the time in the BDSM Club, there will be all kinds of side characters that make the club lively and that bring in atmosphere. These characters and couples will represent different groups of fetishes and kinks. They might have all kinds of gender and preferences (though I might have to make this optional).
But now that I am creating this side characters one after another, I kind of like them too much to let them just be side characters. But I also don't want to change my concept of the game. I am thinking of short side story that each focus on a side character or couple. That way they gain more personality and I also can use these short stories to test all kinds of things that I might want to use later in BoT.

Of course I want it to be possible to interact with the side characters;)

I would certainly recommend anyone making a game think of audio. Consistency is important, however; a mostly silent game with sound effects at large intervals doesn't come across well in my opinion.
Well a BDSM theme could kind of use some nice background music well. So using sounds at the right time is important.

Henissart

Makes Estate : Dominate
Game Developer
Apr 24, 2019
Ahh yeah I guess it got a bit confusing here.
The game Bonds of Trust, will only focus on the relationship of the male and female protagonist to each other. But as the game will take place a lot of the time in the BDSM Club, there will be all kinds of side characters that make the club lively and that bring in atmosphere. These characters and couples will represent different groups of fetishes and kinks. They might have all kinds of gender and preferences (though I might have to make this optional).
But now that I am creating this side characters one after another, I kind of like them too much to let them just be side characters. But I also don't want to change my concept of the game. I am thinking of short side story that each focus on a side character or couple. That way they gain more personality and I also can use these short stories to test all kinds of things that I might want to use later in BoT.

Of course I want it to be possible to interact with the side characters;)
Short stories with side characters sounds great. There's always a tradeoff involved when you can only spend time on either side content or main story, so you obviously have to do something like that sparingly. But with 2 main characters there will no doubt be things you want to explore that just don't fit into that particular relationship. The option to do that in a slightly separate side story will help to not be tempted to cram something into their relationship to the detriment of your main characters.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Ah, I see. Upon thinking about it, I quite like the idea of the main character introducing the main girl to a number of more experienced subs and demonstrating various things with them. It would show her interacting with the community rather than just being with the one guy. I understand if that might take too much focus off of the main girl though.
Well a BDSM theme could kind of use some nice background music well. So using sounds at the right time is important.
Just so long as it isn't one track looped over and over the whole game. Some form of variation, whether by mood, location, or character, makes all the difference. Or one other possibility is background ambience instead of music, that's good for immersion. The chatter of the club, the noise of city streets, the crackle of a fire at home in the MC's mansion (or is he not that well off? It's not clear just how rich he will be). These things can really bring a player into the world of the game.

Also, I wanted to comment on this last time but forgot:
And then you force her to cum as often as possible, till she can't walk anymore :devilish:
Mmm, yes. Make her cum 'til she can't string a sentence together, then gently scoop her up and tuck her into the bed and hold her for a while. A lot of fiction skips over that part, which is a shame.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Short stories with side characters sounds great. There's always a tradeoff involved when you can only spend time on either side content or main story, so you obviously have to do something like that sparingly. But with 2 main characters there will no doubt be things you want to explore that just don't fit into that particular relationship. The option to do that in a slightly separate side story will help to not be tempted to cram something into their relationship to the detriment of your main characters.
Well as much as I would like the option to basicially have every kink possible for the two characters in Bonds of Trust. I don't think that I can realize that. There will be limits and I don't want to make it too unbelievable.
There are themes that won't fit too well with what I have in mind and I don't want to have like 50 parallel paths.
So short stories with all kinds of characters are the best way and you have a bigger variety of characters. And the best thing is, this still can take place in the sime time period and same locations. And who knows, maybe some characters are interesting enough to give them bigger roles :)

Ah, I see. Upon thinking about it, I quite like the idea of the main character introducing the main girl to a number of more experienced subs and demonstrating various things with them. It would show her interacting with the community rather than just being with the one guy. I understand if that might take too much focus off of the main girl though.
Well as she is more or less new to the BDSM community, she first needs to build trust to her new partner. But as he is already part of the BDSM club she soon will find new friends there. So it isn't only about lewd stuff, but also about interactions between characters. So the more she gets familiar with the club and its members the more public scenes could get. And at some point there could be scenes that also have other characters in them.

Just so long as it isn't one track looped over and over the whole game. Some form of variation, whether by mood, location, or character, makes all the difference. Or one other possibility is background ambience instead of music, that's good for immersion. The chatter of the club, the noise of city streets, the crackle of a fire at home in the MC's mansion (or is he not that well off? It's not clear just how rich he will be). These things can really bring a player into the world of the game.
Problem is always to find tracks, that you can actually use. I mean I can't make them by myself ;)
I think a mixture of fitting things would be nice. But for the start I am not sure if I really want to use any sounds for now.
He is rich enough ;)

Mmm, yes. Make her cum 'til she can't string a sentence together, then gently scoop her up and tuck her into the bed and hold her for a while. A lot of fiction skips over that part, which is a shame.
You don't know how much I miss the after care scenes especially after harder extremer sex-scenes. Like seriously! Ok there are really few games that do it, but not as good as I would always hope :)
That will definitly be a thing I will do in the scenes!

Reactions: J..D and TheDevian

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Problem is always to find tracks, that you can actually use. I mean I can't make them by myself ;)
I think a mixture of fitting things would be nice. But for the start I am not sure if I really want to use any sounds for now.
Well no sound is better than doing sound badly, yes. If you do decide to use sound though, is finding tracks really that much of a problem? There's plenty of Creative Commons music and sounds on the internet.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well no sound is better than doing sound badly, yes. If you do decide to use sound though, is finding tracks really that much of a problem? There's plenty of Creative Commons music and sounds on the internet.
That's true and I have no experience with music that you can find on the internet.
But the music really would need to fit the scenes otherwise it could destroy the atmosphere.

I generally mute the sounds anyway. :sneaky:
Well there are some games where the music is really good, but most of the time I mute as well ;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's true and I have no experience with music that you can find on the internet.
But the music really would need to fit the scenes otherwise it could destroy the atmosphere.

Well there are some games where the music is really good, but most of the time I mute as well ;)
You can at least search for royalty free music, you can find a lot on youtube.

One of the only exceptions for me was the song Rescue Me, by the bard in Harem Collector.

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well license free music would definitly the best. Thought the best in general would be having something made especially for a scene, but that would obviously be too expensive :D

I will listen to the song later ;)

I mean the club will have a public stage and and rooms, so I could use different types of music that would fit in these places.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well license free music would definitly the best. Thought the best in general would be having something made especially for a scene, but that would obviously be too expensive :D

I will listen to the song later ;)

I mean the club will have a public stage and and rooms, so I could use different types of music that would fit in these places.
Well, I DO know a guy, I might be able to do something, he said he would do mine, have to see what free time he has when you get closer.

Reactions: J..D and GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well, I DO know a guy, I might be able to do something, he said he would do mine, have to see what free time he has when you get closer.
Well I still have a long way to go before I need to think of sounds, so for now I don't worry too much about it ;)
I hope I can finish the male partner for "Amelia" character till the weekend, so I can make some smaller scenes with them. But he is still missing some important details. I am especially not happy with the hair and beard colors.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well I still have a long way to go before I need to think of sounds, so for now I don't worry too much about it ;)
I hope I can finish the male partner for "Amelia" character till the weekend, so I can make some smaller scenes with them. But he is still missing some important details. I am especially not happy with the hair and beard colors.
Yeah, hair coloring is a bitch, but keep in mind, facial hair, like pubes, doesn't always match.

Just let me know what you are ready, and I will talk to him, he enjoys it, so you never know, just have to give him and the program credit, for legal reasons. lol
...worst case, you can 'borrow' some of the ones he makes for me.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah, hair coloring is a bitch, but keep in mind, facial hair, like pubes, doesn't always match.

Just let me know what you are ready, and I will talk to him, he enjoys it, so you never know, just have to give him and the program credit, for legal reasons. lol
...worst case, you can 'borrow' some of the ones he makes for me.
What sucks the most ist when hair uses textures instead of colors in Daz directly. Of course it looks great with this, but I find it difficult to change colour gradients in Photoshop.

I already plan on crediting everyone that helped me already and also crediting things that inspired me. That's really important for me. And if I forgot someone, they should slap me in the face to remind me :D

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What sucks the most ist when hair uses textures instead of colors in Daz directly. Of course it looks great with this, but I find it difficult to change colour gradients in Photoshop.

I already plan on crediting everyone that helped me already and also crediting things that inspired me. That's really important for me. And if I forgot someone, they should slap me in the face to remind me :D
Recoloring most things in photoshop, I don't have too many problems with, but hair, I have yet to figure that one out.

;)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Recoloring most things in photoshop, I don't have too many problems with, but hair, I have yet to figure that one out.

;)
I mean if the texture has like 40 different brown shades, how can I make them all darker, lighter or change their color consistently? I hope I can learn that soon, because it would help many times :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean if the texture has like 40 different brown shades, how can I make them all darker, lighter or change their color consistently? I hope I can learn that soon, because it would help many times :)
If you do, let me know! :whistle: