4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

polymorph80

Jan 30, 2018
Are there any other systems that genuinely support the development of projects like this? Isn't there that coffee website or whatever? All I really see is Patreon, Subscribestar, or Itcho.
Not... really.

Historically, the point of patronage was wealthy people supporting artists through whatever art they felt like creating. Which is fine, but it's an awful way to support the production of a single work with no end state in sight. Kickstarter is fine for a single work if you know your timescale and all your objectives and costings from minute one, but the rash of failed projects is testament to how few planners have that.

Ongoing, directionless projects are always vulnerable to the "do just enough to convince people the project isn't dead" model however it's funded. And people like an ongoing income stream more than a single lump sum.

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
Go to page 1018 he said that...a month ago
And a month before that he had burnout after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he was playing skyrim after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he was "working" on the final part after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he gave 2 parts of an 8 month update where he just added horse sounds and remade 2 scenes.

Not saying he's lying, but If I got paid $15,000 to give an excuse at the end of each month I'll just make up another story.
Fucking THANK YOU... damn this people..... pieces of shit. Playing the pitty card on the ignorants.

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
i come back to f95 and i smile, good job soldiers.

for anyone whos hopeless now that this game is gone i have a few 2d cg animated recommendations that are similar to this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DAMMIT! was it a good list tho? & what other game do u think belongs there but isnt there cause i wanna play other ones
Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion, just because I always think something like this is worthwhile bringing up, especially in situations like this where it is very relevant to try to find substitutes for The Manor during its... let's be charitable and call it a hiatus.

Other recommendations, then... Hmm, let me check my bookmarks and folders...

Last edited:

closetpervert904

Oct 6, 2018
Man i am always bummed out when i see another project going the way of the Dodo... no matter the reasons.
Getting decent finished western H-Games is as rare as winning the lottery it seems.

I hope that some people that think about making a game look at these cases and just start with something small that they actually finish... if they can prove to me that they can make a decent game from start to finish, then i'll gladly pay up but i got too often burned by Early Access or lofty promises after three months of developement i never asked for, that they obviously can't fulfill.

Give me something small like the never finished "Magic Shop" from Roninsong and i throw you a kiss in cash form.
Or just develop a decent work ethic, i hear that works too in this world. :poop:

Well let's see if anything happens with the projects of Mr. Bones here, maybe the dude changes up the gears a bit or starts focussing on one project.
I always get itchy when i see a solo dev starting a new project before he even is close to finishing his previous one.
That ALWAYS smells fishy and goes wrong in my experience.

Your thoughts?
its over dude

kingmich

May 21, 2017
Just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion, just because I always think something like this is worthwhile bringing up, especially in situations like this where it is very relevant to try to find substitutes for The Manor during its... let's be charitable and call it a hiatus.

if i remember right Town of Passion and (just now for the newest update?) Daily Lives of My Countryside both have tons of weird puzzles or things to make you waste your time so u cant really get to sex scenes right? hence town of passion being chase by some shadow before u can even having a sex scene and the maze for daily lives?

makes me wonder why west devs love to add stuff like that to the game over just... idk having the sex scene lol

Reactions: Robert rivers

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
if i remember right Town of Passion and (just now for the newest update?) Daily Lives of My Countryside both have tons of weird puzzles or things to make you waste your time so u cant really get to sex scenes right? hence town of passion being chase by some shadow before u can even having a sex scene and the maze for daily lives?

makes me wonder why west devs love to add stuff like that to the game over just... idk having the sex scene lol
I mean, arguably it's all the other things around the sex scenes that actually make an adult game a "game" in the first place, rather than a VN or a... what would the appropriate term be? Adult cartoon/animation/pictures. I don't personally mind having stuff to do between sex scenes and/or other adult content, as long as the things you are doing are actually entertaining to some extent rather than giving the feeling of just wasting time.
This game (The Manor) is a good example of adult media that has almost entirely cut the "game" part of the experience yet still expects the player to grind (even if that grind ends up just spending an in-game week or two spamming "spend day with" at the start of each day) with nothing in-between besides scenes you might already have seen, games of hide-and-seek and tag.
Examples of games that actually put some effort into gameplay between the adult scenes that can actually be fun could include something like Violated Heroine, The Last Sovereign or even Corruption of Champions, to name a few.

I can sympathize with wanting to get to the "good part" quickly in an adult game, but regarding stuff that isn't sex scenes as superfluous makes it seem like you're not actually looking for a game.

EDIT: Only now realized that by "stuff like that" you might be referring specifically to time-wasting puzzles, though even in that case I would argue that it is not the inclusion of the puzzle that is the problem, but rather the execution.
EDIT2: The exception to this would naturally be when sex is turned into a game by being interactable, where different actions performed at different times may yield different results. This is incidentally the case in games like Life With a Slave - Teaching Feeling.

Last edited:

kingmich

May 21, 2017
I mean, arguably it's all the other things around the sex scenes that actually make an adult game a "game" in the first place, rather than a VN or a... what would the appropriate term be? Adult cartoon/animation/pictures. I don't personally mind having stuff to do between sex scenes and/or other adult content, as long as the things you are doing are actually entertaining to some extent rather than giving the feeling of just wasting time.
This game (The Manor) is a good example of adult media that has almost entirely cut the "game" part of the experience yet still expects the player to grind (even if that grind ends up just spending an in-game week or two spamming "spend day with" at the start of each day) with nothing in-between besides scenes you might already have seen, games of hide-and-seek and tag.
Examples of games that actually put some effort into gameplay between the adult scenes that can actually be fun could include something like Violated Heroine, The Last Sovereign or even Corruption of Champions, to name a few.

I can sympathize with wanting to get to the "good part" quickly in an adult game, but regarding stuff that isn't sex scenes as superfluous makes it seem like you're not actually looking for a game.
eh i guess its cause its maze and puzzles like compere to corruption of champions ya theres combat ya other games have hide and seek i guess i just have a little rage over puzzle or quick time event stuff or getting chased compere to just like doing a fight in a rpg or a quick hide and seek fun game

like fair enough but i guess more of my own personal imo over hate on puzzle or maze stuff huh might explain why i didnt like urban demons too when i think about it

mortic90

Dec 31, 2017
DAMMIT! was it a good list tho? & what other game do u think belongs there but isnt there cause i wanna play other ones
This is the problem for me too. I don't know any other.
A couple unfinished ones on the list, so I would wait with those, but the completed ones are really good.
With the exception of Town of passion (I just didn't like the art for some reason) and Sister Seikatsu (haven't tried that one).

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
o yea guys, even if he has kidney stone no one will believe him. it's like that story where the boy lies all the time but when it really happens no one believes him. this dude has already squeezed every fiber of trust from us before he even got the kidney stone so there's really no excuse. and he's still not going to pause the money which just shows his character, he didn't even pause it when he didn't have the kidney stone & went on breaks. at this point i straight up don't buy into his shit
i already mentioned that game in my watchmojo honorable mentions! :mad:
This is the problem for me too. I don't know any other.
A couple unfinished ones on the list, so I would wait with those, but the completed ones are really good.
With the exception of Town of passion (I just didn't like the art for some reason) and Sister Seikatsu (haven't tried that one).
the art might b a bit inconsistent in town of passion but it gets veeery good & its animated well. it's a bit more cartoony than the manor but try it! tell me dis shit aint good! it also has hot moaning voices
also i like how they displayed the "tabooness" of the relationships, there was basically these dark puzzles (in the girls mind) where u had to play until you win and convince them to progress the relationship. these puzzles could also be kinda hard sometimes which makes sense since its taboo, a difficult process! it also pays off for the scene ur about to get after. really haven't seen a game do it like this & immerse me like dis. but idk maybe i'm just being too philosophical

really interesting text, i thought basically the same thing as you especially with the summer memories game. it's not exactly my cup of tea but i know that others might enjoy it and it is a well developed game, like these japanese people always take it to the next level & work like crazy. it has so many game mechanics and i honestly get lost, i don't think i've unlocked all the side characters n their stories.

i've also played sisterly lust but i don't quite enjoy it, this is something that i have an opinion of in many 3d games.

but the slave game i've seen it but always skipped since i thought it was some dark slave shit, but u say it's a bit more wholesome than the name & bloody thumbnail i'll try it out :)

Reactions: LeaveMeAloneFBI#23

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
yall got the abandoned tag that you wanted but he's still apparently getting a majorton of money monthly lmao

View attachment 1854675

i wonder how much more money he'd get if he was a normal person developing the game like most developers do
most of the top games have scam devs too. they get a taste of that money then get greedy and start taking 3x as long to put out updates.

Jul 27, 2018
Even if Bones had kidney stones, stone breakers on amazon, works in two weeks of daily usage, cost <20 usd for a bottle.
Anyway, i thought i was joking when i said "thanks bones, this'll probably be the last update" two months ago.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes