4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

vav17

Sep 28, 2019
I have not been here for a long time, but I understand correctly that the update has not yet been released? Why is the game tag abandoned? What about the developer?

Reactions: MineRIp and F9Zoney

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Last update was in Feburary, the dev is quoted saying their working on an update still, why is the abandoned tag up? Im confused
My guess? They saw past the bullshit. Dev has being "working" on the final part of a 3-part update for going on 4 months, an update I'll remind you that has supposedly been in the works for 8 months prior to the parts released. That's 12 months and the full update is still not available. Parts of a whole doesn't count as an update.

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
Today is a sad day
i will never understand why devs want to remake their games over and over again....
i understand you get better as a dev over time but finish the current project before start another....

Reactions: BlackOne 34

JBukharin

Feb 8, 2018
So, I think this is important to post here and I am confused no one brought it up (I think):

DrBonesPost.PNG

That explains why updates have been quite slow and why he couldn't get updates posted. I wouldn't call the game abandoned, but the dev is currently dealing with potential medical issues. If any of the mods assigned to edit this thread can see this, please do take this into account about the tagging.

Ganso7

Nov 11, 2019
So, I think this is important to post here and I am confused no one brought it up (I think):

That explains why updates have been quite slow and why he couldn't get updates posted. I wouldn't call the game abandoned, but the dev is currently dealing with potential medical issues. If any of the mods assigned to edit this thread can see this, please do take this into account about the tagging.
My father suffered that and I must to say its probable the worst pain for a man in the universe. I hope that Oseo get well soon.

Dante moone

Dec 4, 2017

View attachment 1851591

07/05/2022! MY GOD! Someone should warn Dr. Bones that he's going to develop kidney stones in a month!

Bruka

May 10, 2021

View attachment 1851591

Go to page 1018 he said that...a month ago
And a month before that he had burnout after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he was playing skyrim after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he was "working" on the final part after he said he was gonna drop it at the end of the month

And a month before that he gave 2 parts of an 8 month update where he just added horse sounds and remade 2 scenes.

Not saying he's lying, but If I got paid $15,000 to give an excuse at the end of each month I'll just make up another story.

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
07/05/2022! MY GOD! Someone should warn Dr. Bones that he's going to develop kidney stones in a month!
This may be intended as a joke, but just for the sake of clarity it's not that the message is from the future, but that it displays a different date format than what is used in the US. Rather than month-day-year, it is day-month-year, which is a very commonly used format outside the US.

I was going to say more on the topic of justification for Dr. Bones inactivity, but Bruka was faster and just as accurate as I aimed to be, so I will merely second what they said: however valid an excuse kidney stones may be, all prior and subsequent evidence seems to point to a disappointing work ethic and complete lack of any sense of responsibility in Dr. Bones.
Given how atrociously slow updates have come out, and how minuscule the content in those updates has been (which Bruka also touched on), I think the "abandoned" tag is fully justified.

It's particularly aggravating considering the potential of the game, and how there are a lot of things that would require minimal effort to add yet would make the game feel much less incomplete (as I mentioned in an earlier post). There has been a lot of understandable negativity about Dr. Bones' progress with the game, especially compared to the income he receives in support of its development.
I still think it has potential and there are some good scenes in the game, don't get me wrong, but I won't hold my breath for that potential to be fulfilled.

Reactions: MeMonky
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes