4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

cocomiel1

Jun 18, 2018
honorable mention to the developer of Never Saint, at the time he made updates on a monthly basis but the year of the pandemic simply decided not to update the game anymore and completely change the system and redo the art of the game (then he started with excuses like that in two or three occasions he contracted covid and was afraid for his parents, etx). From time to time an update comes out but it's not the same as before. I guess Patreon's permissive model encourages this kind of attitude

On the other hand, I want to recommend a dev and his/her game (one of the best for me), since not only he doesnt charge for its development, but he constantly makes updates and invites users to participate in his polls, I speak about MoriAPC and Absolute Power Corruption. Pretty fun game with great script and hoes oc

jimmyapple

Jun 4, 2021
Oh there's way worse than this. A lot of people freaking out over broken promises but at least Bones is somewhat still conveying that he's still alive and has some type of interaction with the community.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

with that being said, would someone like to continue this game?

Onigiriyummy

Jul 16, 2021
i've seen so many peoples above disbelieving oseo bones is sick whatsoever, he said that he had kidney stone or whatever it is only with some text and emotional word, without any solid proof like paper test of him diagnosed kidney stone, bill for surgery or hospital, or his well being
i cant believe that there are actually peoples who believed at oseo bones announcement of him being sick and decide to continue support him, what was bones excuse few months ago, is it he is dealing with real life problem and now he said he is sick

inounome

Apr 30, 2022
i've seen so many peoples above disbelieving oseo bones is sick whatsoever, he said that he had kidney stone or whatever it is only with some text and emotional word, without any solid proof like paper test of him diagnosed kidney stone, bill for surgery or hospital, or his well being
i cant believe that there are actually peoples who believed at oseo bones announcement of him being sick and decide to continue support him, what was bones excuse few months ago, is it he is dealing with real life problem and now he said he is sick
You know that shitty people exists right? Whose life starts with some shit and also ends with shit while shitting their smelly ass all over free internet.

kamikazedrew

Mar 18, 2020
honorable mention to the developer of Never Saint, at the time he made updates on a monthly basis but the year of the pandemic simply decided not to update the game anymore and completely change the system and redo the art of the game (then he started with excuses like that in two or three occasions he contracted covid and was afraid for his parents, etx).
Never Saint had to redo their game because it was a mess and there was no saving it. Though even with them restarting from scratch it still has a ton a bugs. I don't know why it takes so long to update a game when you already have all the art and all that's really left is the code. Then again I don't think it's going anywhere unless someone who actually knows coding does it.

Reactions: slashslayer

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
other post got liked so this is part 2 of ideas for ppl who are sad that bones tales is bone dry (ba dum tss!!)

note: this is doujins/comics/manga edition while the other post is about actual games. If you can't find anymore games, I suggest u look into this stuff cause it's also really good

Last edited:

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
i apologise if this has already bin answered but is this game dead or on hold coz i don't frequent this chat form alot i usually pop my head to see if anything has changed then come back 2 to 3 months later to do the same i just noticed the new abandoned tag and im wondering what's happens since i was last here ?

Reactions: OlyG and DBOO
Aug 12, 2019
I don't know why it takes so long to update a game when you already have all the art and all that's really left is the code.
Coding a game can be hard and demotivating, especially without any actual education on how to. It’s also very deceptive and demotivating because of how game development usually goes, there’s a saying not just for games development but software in general that like 70% or so of the entire project is gonna be done in maybe 30% of the time and the rest of the time spent is dealing with polishing, bugs, quality of life, all the stuff that for a video game is expected but not appreciated or even noticed sometimes by the audience, doubly so for an h-game. You have the stuff people are excited for and want but it’s what people don’t really think about unless it isn’t there that takes so much time, as a creator it’s incredibly frustrating and makes you want to just give up on the project entirely.

Best metaphor I’ve heard is it’s as thankless as being a bathroom janitor, “people only notice or care about your work when you fuck up. When you do it right, usually people don’t even notice”

• Angry
Reactions: johndoe19

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
i apologise if this has already bin answered but is this game dead or on hold coz i don't frequent this chat form alot i usually pop my head to see if anything has changed then come back 2 to 3 months later to do the same i just noticed the new abandoned tag and im wondering what's happens since i was last here ?
So the update is kinda in three states being Developed, Onhold and Abandoned, cause has you can see this part-C of the update is taking far longer time then expected, Doc for what i heard sayed he has kidney stones (idk if its true or not, cause im not following the game or his activities), has for abandoned tag i think has been give due to f95 new policy/rule that states if a game has no news of development or shows signs of abandon it will be given the abandoned tag (i might be wrong the f95 new rule but that what i heard of).

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
Coding a game can be hard and demotivating, especially without any actual education on how to. It’s also very deceptive and demotivating because of how game development usually goes, there’s a saying not just for games development but software in general that like 70% or so of the entire project is gonna be done in maybe 30% of the time and the rest of the time spent is dealing with polishing, bugs, quality of life, all the stuff that for a video game is expected but not appreciated or even noticed sometimes by the audience, doubly so for an h-game. You have the stuff people are excited for and want but it’s what people don’t really think about unless it isn’t there that takes so much time, as a creator it’s incredibly frustrating and makes you want to just give up on the project entirely.

Best metaphor I’ve heard is it’s as thankless as being a bathroom janitor, “people only notice or care about your work when you fuck up. When you do it right, usually people don’t even notice”
yes, when you're making an actual game. this game however is not that deep & the most difficult part would be the art/animations because he probably has all the fundamental code written down already since its a game about you in a tiny manor. so if he has to add a new scene? copy paste the code from another scene and change the images/text. the text is some preschool level stuff you could write on the spot & the overarching story is already finished most likely. make a moving camera cinematic? he's done that. make a dialogue with a choice? he's done that. etc etc, i don't think he's going to add something entirely "new" to this game. and when you have to redo the same process over and over throughout every update, doing basically the same thing, you should be better at it and avoid bugs way more frequently because you've most likely dealt with them before.

for any other game and development team ur argument stands but right here, it's just bones being lazy & getting paid doing nothing.

Aug 12, 2019
yes, when you're making an actual game. this game however is not that deep & the most difficult part would be the art/animations because he probably has all the fundamental code written down already since its a game about you in a tiny manor. so if he has to add a new scene? copy paste the code from another scene and change the images/text. the text is some preschool level stuff you could write on the spot & the overarching story is already finished most likely. make a moving camera cinematic? he's done that. make a dialogue with a choice? he's done that. etc etc, i don't think he's going to add something entirely "new" to this game. and when you have to redo the same process over and over throughout every update, doing basically the same thing, you should be better at it and avoid bugs way more frequently because you've most likely dealt with them before.

for any other game and development team ur argument stands but right here, it's just bones being lazy & getting paid doing nothing.
If I had to guess what he is struggling with is the trigger conditions for certain events overlapping/not firing. When you have a non linear quest system with 3 different NPCs and some of the quests overlap with the few 'main' quests, getting to the attic, seeing Jules in the barn, etc, it can become really tangled if you don't keep it organized to start with. It's also a bitch to test properly because you have to go and do all the trigger conditions separately in as many combinations as you can think of, without dedicated playtesters it can become a spaghetti nightmare of code. For example if he just copy pasted the code from one quest to the next and that old code had somewhere in it a trigger for a check on a quest unrelated to the original quest giver, so like when you get to whatever depravity with one of the girls and that triggers an event that is relevant to one of the other girls or something, you can softlock/infinitely loop.

The best way to avoid is either to just avoid that sort of interconnectedness in general, to organize shit early so you know how everything works and have somewhere you can keep tabs on stuff, or I guess to just have a really really good memory/commenting style. I am guessing Oseo has none of these things going for him and every time he wants to go make a content update he has to mentally untangle all of it every time and it has started to get unworkable. I believe that is sort of what happened to Never Saint also but apparently there was another coder involved who wasn't communicating with the original guy at one point so that just made it all the worse, hence the extreme response.

bleach4613

Mar 22, 2018
Anyone know where to find the Martha scenes with the dog online? Computer broken atm and scenes of Martha getting wrecked are the best but can’t play rn

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
other post got liked so this is part 2 of ideas for ppl who are sad that bones tales is bone dry (ba dum tss!!)

note: this is doujins/comics/manga edition while the other post is about actual games. If you can't find anymore games, I suggest u look into this stuff cause it's also really good
How is this an alternative for "Bones Tales: The Manor"

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
How is this an alternative for "Bones Tales: The Manor"
in prev post i tried to show a lot of games similar to this but i don't know any others so i got idea to post other stuff than game. they're hentai comics that have similar theme/tags to of this game, but without the gameplay. so if you enjoy this you might enjoy those as well. but at the end of the day it's just a suggestion for those who played pretty much everything there is like this dude for example:
This is the problem for me too. I don't know any other.
A couple unfinished ones on the list, so I would wait with those, but the completed ones are really good.
With the exception of Town of passion (I just didn't like the art for some reason) and Sister Seikatsu (haven't tried that one).

Reactions: devilxxx
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes