4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

pogo741852

Dec 18, 2018
Hello, I have a situation in the state of Lucile, when I choose Reluctant, after Lucile decides not to continue with MC, Reluctant does not appear in the book, Clueless appears. It's my error of my save? I star a new game.

Reaver

May 31, 2017
None yet, I was on his discord today and it seems that he is still working on the game, but it's not a priority. He has His main game then this one. it's because Patrion is shit hole that loves to impose its censorship on all it can.

• Haha
Reactions: prophetofconfusion

Artoriasex

Apr 27, 2018
None yet, I was on his discord today and it seems that he is still working on the game, but it's not a priority. He has His main game then this one. it's because Patrion is shit hole that loves to impose its censorship on all it can.
So the new excuse is that he's working on a new main game now?

cocomiel1

Jun 18, 2018
Not sure why people think Bones is making a killing while doing nothing. His Patreon sits at $1,270/month right now. And of course that's before taxes. Nobody can live off of that. Of course, it's a nice piece of extra cash. But not worth trashing his entire reputation/future art-based income over.
So you never heard about South America it seems

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Reactions: prophetofconfusion

Reaver

May 31, 2017
Hold up... so now the excuse is that Survivor's Guilt (the Patreon funded game) is the main game? For a game raking in 1.2k/month compared to SS's 3.6k/month for The Manor, I'm mashing "X to Doubt" on Survivor's Guilt now being the so-called "Main game".
That was my understanding. The dev. gets cash from one of the 2 games and most Platforms that pay dev's won't allow content that is within the Manor. So if you were a dev. what would focus on?

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
That was my understanding. The dev. gets cash from one of the 2 games and most Platforms that pay dev's won't allow content that is within the Manor. So if you were a dev. what would focus on?
Well, seems pretty obvious that, given that The Manor is the cash cow, he'll focus on it. Most people didn't really care that much for SG to begin with, one of the reasons for having a female protagonist. So, if Patreon is the one giving him the least amount of money and both platforms seemingly not losing that much revenue in general, why focus on it.

For Pete's sake, SG went 2 GODDAMN YEARS without receiving a sizeable update (and what we got was a joke) and people are still subscribed to the Patreon, what difference does a couple more months of waiting do? He neglected the "main game" (Survivor's Guilt) for that long and nothing happened.

Reaver

May 31, 2017
Well, seems pretty obvious that, given that The Manor is the cash cow, he'll focus on it. Most people didn't really care that much for SG to begin with, one of the reasons for having a female protagonist. So, if Patreon is the one giving him the least amount of money and both platforms seemingly not losing that much revenue in general, why focus on it.

For Pete's sake, SG went 2 GODDAMN YEARS without receiving a sizeable update (and what we got was a joke) and people are still subscribed to the Patreon, what difference does a couple more months of waiting do? He neglected the "main game" for that long and nothing happened.
That is true. I'm assuming he said that only to cover his ass if anyone for Patrion went snooping. Probably didn't want to get band by them. Mind you there could be other reasons, we don't know about as well. Who knows with some of these Dev.s now days. Some start strong and then just burn out because they ether push them selfs too hard or never had a full story to work with and were just winging it with each update.

To any Dev's that might read this. Please don't burn your selfs out, and also have a fully flushed out story not just the game concept. I have seen so many games die in early dev, because they only had a concept and nothing more planed out. The rest seem to just burn out trying to please the masses.

I say if you need 2 months to make a better product then say it up front and we will all be on the same page. ( I know if a game is good / great, I have no issue waiting for it. Within a reasonable time frame. 6 months is pushing it, a year I'd say it's dead and Abandoned )

My 2 cents.

Only time will tell what the Dev. will do with this game.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Oh for fucks sake. Dr. Bones is sick and is trying to recover. He had kidney stones- or maybe still does- and has to pass them naturally. It only takes five minutes to join his discord and find the announcement he made. The game isn't abandoned. Survivor's Guilt is not the main game and taking priority. What is with yall and not even trying to fact check? There will be a new update, when its ready.
Everyone here knows those "facts" problem is in spite of those "facts" it those not change that he is a bad dev. He is abusing the system of patreon to get paid neither for the quality of the work he put in or for the quantity. Being sick is no excuse for free money. As a working adult and as almost any working adult will tell you. Other then a limited amount of paid sick leave. Sick or not you don't work you don't get paid. You miss to many deadlines you get fired. He could release the update tomorrow and it still would not be worth the money given to him. Even with AAA games when people are disappointed in them they request a refund.

Thing is behaver like this hurts the indie development industry as a whole. You give less money to the big companies yet they give both better products and have more accountability. You pay a indie dev over a 100$ over the cores of a year or more and not only do you have an incomplete game you have no indication of ever getting a complete game or even an indication if when the next update will be.

As they saying goes "tomorrow is not promised" so saying you will get the update "eventually" means very little. The world will also end "eventually". We all will die "eventually". We will have free sustainable energy "eventually".

MiKaEl90

Jun 25, 2017
Seeing some people defend this dev is like looking at an Animal Planet documentary for me. I'm amazed and at the same time genuinely terrified of their lack of deduction and overall comprehension. I always wonder what kind of life they had that made them reach this point to not understand the idea of human nature, greed and the desire to earn as much as possible with the least amount of effort.

Bones is a smart man, taking advantage of the most powerful emotion which has even led to wars, lust, combined with the fact that many of the people that do have money to give tend to be from generally wealthy regions or families. Earning the trust of a person that has led an easy life will never come close to the effort needed for a person that "had to deal with shit in their lives".

Give the man a break, it's not his fault that there are people out there gullible enough to believe he is actually giving it his all for the development of the game. He is not hurting anyone physically, he is not the first or the last person that will use lies to reach their goals and let's not kid ourselves... most of us would also take the chance to make an easy buck if we were in the same position.

Marry

Jul 30, 2018
"He had kidney stones- or maybe still does" "What is with yall and not even trying to fact check?"
Did you try to fact check if he still has his kidney stones ? If he even had kidney stones in the first place i need to check for facts but i won't. I'm a lazy mf.

• Haha
Reactions: Sukme
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes