4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
With RPG VX Ace as the baseline for the game, no. I tried to convert it to MZ or MV, whichever was the newest last year and the aliasing present in the renders is the engine they're in, the images are crisp in themselves.

So unless you try to make a "port" to a newer RPGMaker engine (MV or MZ), you're shit out of luck, my guy.
unfortunately, i don't know shit about the RPGM engine
I just know that some dev like NLT are able to do decent visuals with their games.
you said you tried to convert the game, what went wrong ?

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
you said you tried to convert the game, what went wrong ?
I just don't have enough time to properly do it. The sprites for the graphics (the tiles in the in-game world) such as the floor, stairs, etc. need to be resized. But I managed to launch the game (in a broken state) and the character portraits looked fine, the aliasing you see is due to the now mildly ancient engine the game is being done in (VX Ace).

I'm attaching some screenshots of the mess.
1663172873510.png 1663173418571.png
1663172908174.png 1663173122703.png
1663172997584.png 1663173216579.png
I'm adding the comparison so you can see the issue aren't the graphics/illustrations but the engine itself. Also since I just did a port without any fine tuning, I can't progress much in the test build, the game crashes due to several files missing. SO yeah, not quite the smooth change haha

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
I just don't have enough time to properly do it. The sprites for the graphics (the tiles in the in-game world) such as the floor, stairs, etc. need to be resized. But I managed to launch the game (in a broken state) and the character portraits looked fine, the aliasing you see is due to the now mildly ancient engine the game is being done in (VX Ace).

View attachment 2043528 View attachment 2043556
View attachment 2043537 View attachment 2043543
View attachment 2043540 View attachment 2043548
I'm adding the comparison so you can see the issue aren't the graphics/illustrations but the engine itself. Also since I just did a port without any fine tuning, I can't progress much in the test build, the game crashes due to several files missing. SO yeah, not quite the smooth change haha
well, the difference is really visible
I thought the conversion process would be easier
Maybe I'll try it myself

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017

View attachment 2043528 View attachment 2043556
View attachment 2043537 View attachment 2043543
View attachment 2043540 View attachment 2043548
Fine work though, mate.

darks231

Nov 12, 2019
Does anyone know how to continue with Martha's events as soon as I get the bathroom event but now she tells me to talk to her in the basement but I go and she won't let me what can I do to unlock the other events if I can't talk to her in the basement?

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
So when he said monday? was it this 2 days ago monday or Next monday?

Guess everytime someone dares to question dr bones methods i guess he simply slow down 1% which equal to each comment done about him being legit lazy xD
but anyways the real question is¿is he going to commit this time to give a fix for a broken patch? if someone releases a broken update then it shows the lack of interest and effort put on its game, even if this one had lied about those hard time dates to release content lol. in top of that don't forget that each times this dude decides to release a new update then he instantly decides to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-do and replace old scenes because i guess for him is not enough to do an scene animation sequence just simply 2 times. instead he needs to do it 25x times to make sure of which one its more useful lmao!

MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
I thought this was on hiatus…? Well whatever.
I might direct you to this post I wrote for an adjacent purpose. Similarly to how the game was never officially abandoned according to Bones, it was never officially on hiatus either... though he was apparently so deep in radio silence at one point that he felt like making a "reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"-joke at one point.

It's less a matter of him saying "I'm taking a break" and then "Okay, I'm back," and more a matter of him just not really giving a damn.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
Considering more consoomers are increasing in amount of giving him money despite this embarrassment, I say they deserve the ultimately unfinished and half-assed game that this will be in the end.

It's funny though, once again he has not fulfilled his own statements on when he would release an adjacent update. Whenever it'll actually appear is anyone's guess and he'll continue to behave this way because he has no risks.

Reactions: Fayrus
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes