4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

jimmyapple

Jun 4, 2021
"Remake" have become a thing for these devs of these kind of games. It simply shows how out of touch and reality devs are to believe that this is what supporters want and players in general. Remakes happen when devs don't know how to procede story forward and devs use this excuse of a "remake" to milk dry their community. This game is best example. I mean how many times have you saw dev do a remake and then abandon their game? I think that bones have no idea how to move story forward. He simply doesn't know what to do with this game anymore. He ran out of ideas so he's using "remakes" to "improve" existing scenes. In short he's just stalling for time before he quits and abandon both of his games.
then why wouldnt he just take story suggestions from his audience?

Jambi Zoldyck

Apr 19, 2020
nooo, what a pity man :/ I loved this game, was very good, funny, nice art and all, such a waste :C I need more of martha in my life :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Merosu

Jul 16, 2017
I was whaiting for some under the table action update.
But i guess i will need to learn how to mess with A.I if i do wanna seen that happen.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Exactly, this is why you don't pretend stoicism by commenting "you shouldn't care" on a debate, it's self defeating.
But no one should care about this. Patreon is not a real job. It's a tip jar. People throw money at their favorite creators hoping to get them to continue working on x without any contractual obligations.

Just stop following this thread if reality pains you so much and if in a month or a year an update drops play it.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
In his discord in the Spanish-Spanish area, they asked him many questions regarding the game, about the remakes he is doing and if there will be more scenes, among others.
And i thought it was only bones mentality on keep on remaking the same character scenes over and over again under a different angle lmfao!

Now it's the ppl even asking him for more remake scenes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

This game it's never going to be completed and only when pledgers start realizing this game not going anywhere maybe the numbers finally drop at all for good, he ain't doing damn on moving on with the game so he can move on to work with the other one. instead he's just at this point doing the obvious milking on both games with less effort put on it

You love to see these scams man unbelievable :rolleyes:

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
But no one should care about this. Patreon is not a real job. It's a tip jar. People throw money at their favorite creators hoping to get them to continue working on x without any contractual obligations.

Just stop following this thread if reality pains you so much and if in a month or a year an update drops play it.
In many countries even donations will still have contractual obligations.

May not be an issue for the dev depending on there country, but patrion is US based.

Yes, you can go to jail for online scams. The federal government takes online fraud very seriously, and it has a number of laws that make online scamming punishable by jail time.

The maximum sentence for wire fraud is 20 years in prison. However, the actual sentence a person can receive if convicted would depend on a number of factors, such as the amount of money defrauded and the defendant’s prior criminal history.

In some cases, online scammers have been sentenced to much longer than 20 years in prison. In 2019, a man was sentenced to 30 years in prison for his role in an online romance scam that defrauded women out of more than $1 million.

While it’s certainly possible to go to jail for online scams, it’s important to remember that every case is different. The sentence you would receive if convicted would depend on the specific facts of your case.

Also A paywall is counterintuitive to donations, or "a tip jar" as you say. Once you offer anything as a benefit the dynamics change.

Is this worth us debating and beating each other upside the head verbally over, no. Is it he at fault for his actions legally, Maybe, maybe not. I don't know his countries laws, and I am not a lawyer. I also will not dig into international laws.

TLDR
There very well may be an issue but this is not the place to deal with it, but to blindly say everything is kosher is also flawed.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
In many countries even donations will still have contractual obligations.

May not be an issue for the dev depending on there country, but patrion is US based.

Yes, you can go to jail for online scams. The federal government takes online fraud very seriously, and it has a number of laws that make online scamming punishable by jail time.

The maximum sentence for wire fraud is 20 years in prison. However, the actual sentence a person can receive if convicted would depend on a number of factors, such as the amount of money defrauded and the defendant’s prior criminal history.

In some cases, online scammers have been sentenced to much longer than 20 years in prison. In 2019, a man was sentenced to 30 years in prison for his role in an online romance scam that defrauded women out of more than $1 million.

While it’s certainly possible to go to jail for online scams, it’s important to remember that every case is different. The sentence you would receive if convicted would depend on the specific facts of your case.

Also A paywall is counterintuitive to donations, or "a tip jar" as you say. Once you offer anything as a benefit the dynamics change.

Is this worth us debating and beating each other upside the head verbally over, no. Is it he at fault for his actions legally, Maybe, maybe not. I don't know his countries laws, and I am not a lawyer. I also will not dig into international laws.

TLDR
There very well may be an issue but this is not the place to deal with it, but to blindly say everything is kosher is also flawed.
I can promise you that no patreon account owner will ever go to jail for not delivering on time. Call the police to complain and they will put you on a list of people wasting their time.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
I can promise you that no patreon account owner will ever go to jail for not delivering on time. Call the police to complain and they will put you on a list of people wasting their time.
You really think the police are the ones that handle online scams ... Or that simply "not delivering on time" warrants being called a scam.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
You really think the police are the ones that handle online scams ... Or that simply "not delivering on time" warrants being called a scam.
Be realistic about what's happening. Creators have the files for the games, they can make changes or updates at any point, there is nothing forcing them to release an update. Look at 'Light of my Life'. That developer hasn't released an update in over a year, but just because he has enough simps in his f95 thread people are ready to wait for 5 more.

There is nothing 'wrong' about what's happening here. It just seems that way to you because most comment are complaining instead of defending the developer.

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Be realistic about what's happening. Creators have the files for the games, they can make changes or updates at any point, there is nothing forcing them to release an update. Look at 'Light of my Life'. That developer hasn't released an update in over a year, but just because he has enough simps in his f95 thread people are ready to wait for 5 more.

There is nothing 'wrong' about what's happening here. It just seems that way to you because most comment are complaining instead of defending the developer.
There opinion is there's mine is mine. As if f95zone is the proper place to get legal advice.

If your easily swayed by what "most" or saying in a thread your opinion doesn't mean much.

We do not have to agree. I know how you feel and you know how I feel. Lets have a good day and do something more productive with our selves.

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
There opinion is there's mine is mine. As if f95zone is the proper place to get legal advice.

If your easily swayed by what "most" or saying in a thread your opinion doesn't mean much.

We do not have to agree. I know how you feel and you know how I feel. Lets have a good day and do something more productive with our selves.
We don't have to agree, but what I am saying is the truth.

dzenpie

Jul 24, 2021
I'm guessing this take is still relevant? Been so out of the loop for the past few months I don't even know if we're still on filler content ala Naruto or if this is yet another character arc being overstretched.
View attachment 2685038
i dont get why asking for an update will get you ban. it's like if you ask a criminal/murderer about something or like secret, they'll kill you to shut you up.

Reactions: King0761

SGGG

May 9, 2020
Have been donating to this for 3 years now. But somehow it didn't make sense when it came to ideas from the developer.
Sometimes he breaks off or he keeps going and so it goes on and on!

I like his games, unfortunately I was hoping he would do something with them. Well, now you can see how he goes. Hope he's fine and he starts his project again.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
i dont get why asking for an update will get you ban. it's like if you ask a criminal/murderer about something or like secret, they'll kill you to shut you up.
Actually, no. That example makes perfect sense, a criminal ESPECIALLY a murderer killing someone asking questions? yeah, 100% expected unless it's a group of cops. Then it's basically admitting to the crime.
A scammer/milker banning folks for asking about an update however doesn't, like the criminal trying to kill the cop asking questions....you're basically admitting the deed.

Reactions: King0761
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes