4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I'm just here wondering if you can actually copyright something with fringe content like Bestiality and Incest themes added to it. Like, how does that even work?

Granted I'm ignorant on the laws of Uruguay (or any other country, for that matter) and what they deem as fringe or not.

Reactions: smokey11012

jimmyapple

Jun 4, 2021
Welp. From what I've seen here, people are free to make a fanmade game of it. So, anyone who's interested and have the passion, knock yourself out. Go fucking wild bois.
View attachment 2939909
so its settled, as long as its clear its a fan made non profit version of the game, there shouldnt be any drama. somebody call that dev and that 3d artist

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
you do now that giveing them money on patron are any other site like those is making a profit in the eye's of some lol.

Lucky Guerrilla

Game Developer
Jan 26, 2021
I'm just here wondering if you can actually copyright something with fringe content like Bestiality and Incest themes added to it. Like, how does that even work?

Granted I'm ignorant on the laws of Uruguay (or any other country, for that matter) and what they deem as fringe or not.
In most countries copyright exists the moment you create something. You do not need to certify it or claim it. Often it is beneficial to record it in someway just as evidence.

Illegal content is likewise automatically copyrighted. Enforcing that copyright? That's a different matter.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
christ, you must be looking REALLY stupid.
Why? He said he won't sue fans making fanfic for other fans. He's not Nintendo.

Right then he added that it all depends on the intention.

And after that, he clarifies that it's okay if people make not-for-profit fan content, but it's a completely different thing if they exploit the original source for profit.

And in recap, he clearly said: it's fine if people:
a) give due credit
b) clearly state it's fanmade content
c) don't try to profit from it
— then, and only then, it's okay.

And then he adds that knowing where it's coming from, somebody here is thinking of remaking the game or rallying others to make it for them.

--
He said he won't sue not-for-profit fanmade content. He also said exploiting the original story and art for profit is a different matter. So he clearly stated his intentions and really, arguing that it's safe to make a for-profit remake (because the goal is to lure patrons away from Dr Bones) is irresponsible at best.

Reactions: Kingdomless

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
You really think the guy that can't be bothered to work because his hemorrhoids/kidney stones is even capable of hiring a law firm to try to sue someone? What is he going to do? Cry that his 'totally original idea' was stolen by nefarious actors? How many games on the site are almost carbon copies of each other? It just seems goofy to assume Phoenix Wright is gonna roll up and strike down any dev that wants to make something similar.

Say I make a game with an mc who has some degenerative disease, like highlander syndrome, so he looks younger than he actually is. He has one bitchy older sister/roommate who hates him for no reason. There is a younger sister/roommate that loves her older brother and is kinda stupid. There is a mom that wants to be a better mother/landlady to her son/tenant who she barely knows, because he lived with his dad after a messy divorce. What if I called it The Mansion? The mc meets a ghost/demon/leprechaun that grants him powers to spy on and seduce his family/housemates.

This is literally every fucking incest+harem game. Unless, it's an ultra slowburn, that doesn't rely on a magical macguffin/bullshit powers to corrupt/seduce/enslave everyone around. Bones is not breaking any new ground. In fact he's asleep at the wheel and has been asleep for a year now. I'm sure his alarm to wake up and add a new reworked/redone old scene will go off sometime in the next 6 months or so though.

Lavance

May 5, 2022
Why? He said he won't sue fans making fanfic for other fans. He's not Nintendo.

Right then he added that it all depends on the intention.

And after that, he clarifies that it's okay if people make not-for-profit fan content, but it's a completely different thing if they exploit the original source for profit.

And in recap, he clearly said: it's fine if people:
a) give due credit
b) clearly state it's fanmade content
c) don't try to profit from it
— then, and only then, it's okay.

And then he adds that knowing where it's coming from, somebody here is thinking of remaking the game or rallying others to make it for them.

--
He said he won't sue not-for-profit fanmade content. He also said exploiting the original story and art for profit is a different matter. So he clearly stated his intentions and really, arguing that it's safe to make a for-profit remake (because the goal is to lure patrons away from Dr Bones) is irresponsible at best.
" And after that, he clarifies that it's okay if people make not-for-profit fan content, but it's a completely different thing if they exploit the original source for profit. " don't remember someone saying they were gonna exploit the original source for profit. but, yeah sure man.

Reactions: jimmyapple

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Welp. From what I've seen here, people are free to make a fanmade game of it. So, anyone who's interested and have the passion, knock yourself out. Go fucking wild bois.
View attachment 2939909
It's going to sound pessimist but knowing how certain devs behavior been known in the past about leaving in a long hiatus, Then someone decides to mimic the artstyle & animations onto the current game while the dev gave his thumps up about this kind of situation then imma go with the 100% if while they at hiatus someone told em that a fan it's making profit the work the dev decided to put on indefinite hold. Then THAT dev it's defo going to comeback and strike down the fan because U MAKING MUH MONEY ON SOMETHING I MADE :(

Greed, Pride, Envy and Gluttony are the greatest sin for most of Humans when comes to indie NSFW game development so i highly doubt someone like Dr.Bones it's going to let a fan do a fangame based on the manor then he's going to slap that copystrike C&D faster than his will of keep remaking the damn same character scene from a different angle xDDDDDDDDDDDD

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
we will have to see what happen's but i would say just in case copy what the dev said about it being ok. but you would have to copy every thing they said to be safe. but just keep to the tages up top lol.

Maxxmad24

Oct 2, 2022
So the guy made a game before that. Which was really good. So he did this one, and he didn't even get halfway through and he already did another one...
I must say he makes very good games, but he is a smart one, and looks for suckers to get money. Too bad, it really would be something amazing if it flourishes.
And what was that game?,so the game its completely abandonen,it's sad,it looks very nice and the history.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
So the guy made a game before that. Which was really good. So he did this one, and he didn't even get halfway through and he already did another one...
I must say he makes very good games, but he is a smart one, and looks for suckers to get money. Too bad, it really would be something amazing if it flourishes.
What game is that (don't answer if the game is unfinished)

Jonje

Aug 1, 2017
It's going to sound pessimist but knowing how certain devs behavior been known in the past about leaving in a long hiatus, Then someone decides to mimic the artstyle & animations onto the current game while the dev gave his thumps up about this kind of situation then imma go with the 100% if while they at hiatus someone told em that a fan it's making profit the work the dev decided to put on indefinite hold. Then THAT dev it's defo going to comeback and strike down the fan because U MAKING MUH MONEY ON SOMETHING I MADE :(

Greed, Pride, Envy and Gluttony are the greatest sin for most of Humans when comes to indie NSFW game development so i highly doubt someone like Dr.Bones it's going to let a fan do a fangame based on the manor then he's going to slap that copystrike C&D faster than his will of keep remaking the damn same character scene from a different angle xDDDDDDDDDDDD
Bones isnt gonna do shit. Hes too lazy. You really think this dude would waste his time trying to prove that someone “copied” his game? Let alone get a lawyer? Hes way too lazy for that

Aug 12, 2020
If bones hasn't taken the time to own up and pick up his slack or come clean about his whereabouts, a year is a lengthy portion of time to have kidney stones and hemorrhoids, go get yourself a renal check and stop giving us nothing burgers. He won't do shit anyway, this game has been this way for years. I remember when I first grabbed it at the beginning of the mia update, and yet to this day, there has been only 1 update after her addition, that severely increments the contents of her story, and thats not to say its the only one, quite the contrary, he spent so much time on the beasty portion of his game that he got a recording of a real horse and thats what took him so long for an update, and the update itself had, nothing.

Bones hasn't picked up the slack, and he won't. Until people remember that they pay him, he'll live his comfy life having kidney stones and hemorrhoids all fucking day and theres nothing we can do about it.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes