4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I doubt he even cares
Really? It's an open and shut case and he gets compensated. That's a no-brainer. If anyone thinks it's easy to just copy a game and expect no repercussions, you're wrong. And it doesn't matter if the author seems to care or if he abandoned it. It's still his own game and unless he licenses the content (or even just the concept), he's free to ignore it while nobody is free to remake it.

Even if the game is ostensibly abandoned, the creator might be talking with a potential licensee behind closed doors and in such a case, if you copied the game and benefited from it, you're completely screwed.

smokey11012

Apr 22, 2018
Really? It's an open and shut case and he gets compensated. That's a no-brainer. If anyone thinks it's easy to just copy a game and expect no repercussions, you're wrong. And it doesn't matter if the author seems to care or if he abandoned it. It's still his own game and unless he licenses the content (or even just the concept), he's free to ignore it while nobody is free to remake it.

Even if the game is ostensibly abandoned, the creator might be talking with a potential licensee behind closed doors and in such a case, if you copied the game and benefited from it, you're completely screwed.
i doubt very much he will sue both that and his "kidney stones" have been talk about to death, but go on i guess this game has nothing else going on.

Comedor de Casades

Sep 28, 2022
well personaly i think the bestiality part are furrys and now sex with animals, i dont are realy into it, so o just hope i have de option to jump some cenes
I was a lot or progress before i notice what bestiality means

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
you can go to option's and turn off still i think. there are some scene's that you will be missing but then the game is misssing half it stuff antway.

BackRunner

Jun 19, 2017
Didn't he say he doesn't look at the forum here anymore? Maybe he's more active on his discord
Yeah, he stopped going here. But he also is rarely seen in his discord too. He may pop up here and then but it is more or less "Oh hey guy. Sorry about this but due to reasons, stuff is going slow but the game is making progress. So if you want to make it faster, just give me more money okay? Okay bye." kinda vibe

smokey11012

Apr 22, 2018
Well, knock yourself out. Make that remake, I dare you.
Why? I do not need to nor want to, feel free knock yourself out on some light reading on the past few pages maybe you will find out why suing will not work out the way you think it does, page 1146 is the end of that talk i guess you can start there. If you are talking about the characters, outside of the artwork there really not much to copy this is really, is just a standard incest story that barely started.

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Why? I do not need to nor want to, feel free knock yourself out on some light reading on the past few pages maybe you will find out why suing will not work out the way you think it does, page 1146 is the end of that talk i guess you can start there. If you are talking about the characters, outside of the artwork there really not much to copy this is really, is just a standard incest story that barely started.
The problem is, the thing that people loved about The Manor was the artwork. And the story. Both of which fulfill all criteria to be covered by copyright.
Take these away and, sure enough, it's just another cookie cutter incest game. But take these away and you'll find zero supporters willing to pay for your project.

Just want to bring it out here: Remaking the game and keeping it faithful to the original will get you patrons and legal trouble. Removing the offending bits won't get you in trouble, but won't get you patrons, either.

smokey11012

Apr 22, 2018
The problem is, the thing that people loved about The Manor was the artwork. And the story. Both of which fulfill all criteria to be covered by copyright.
Take these away and, sure enough, it's just another cookie cutter incest game. But take these away and you'll find zero supporters willing to pay for your project.

Just want to bring it out here: Remaking the game and keeping it faithful to the original will get you patrons and legal trouble. Removing the offending bits won't get you in trouble, but won't get you patrons, either.
With how little story there is right now, any remake will be its own thing. Now at the time when this game did come out i agree it was somewhat unique, but right now the only original thing about it is the artwork. so why do i need to remake it?

Lavance

May 5, 2022

christ, you must be looking REALLY stupid.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes