4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Honestly the safest and best approach would to be to just finish this most recent update as hes already almost done, and then switch to the new project for a few months. After he gets the new project fleshed out and in its early stages he can focus on releasing The Manor, on the side, and solely release updates on his blog and on here. That way his artistic integrity doesn't have to suffer from censorship and neither does his wallet.

Also for the safe project, instead of putting beast he could just do antro instead, kinda how WildLife does it. instead of a wolf use a Worgen, instead of a horse use a Minotaur. Of course if he want to add some beast (Which I'm clearly totally for) the "hackers" excuse is fine and he can just release a patch on his website and here.
Totally agree with this, change the animals to furries. Also, I bet the original assets and the directories/paths to put them in would "mysteriously" find their way into the internet and "hacked" into a perfectly Patreon friendly game with no consecuences to the creator...

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
Anthro and bestiality aren't the same thing at all, the same with furies and bestiality not being the same at all either.
Like anthro creatures look humanoid, and they can talk.

Also, seeing a minotaur at this point in the game, would very much break immersion of the established world.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
It wouldn't really be "canon", just a quick fix to get Patreon off his back. Maybe a centaur in disguise? And put a crappy fake horse head on his top body. Just little changes to avoid issues.

Kilgur

May 11, 2017
Hes made it clear nothings going to stop him from finishing the game, even if it means getting an "actual job."
Well it seems what he wrote here is a bit different from what he wrote on discord.
But if he did continue with "the manor" without changing anything in it but just made it off of patreon, then i would definitely continue supporting him with a 10D each month.

I'll just wait to see what he does at the end of the month before i decide.
I like the guy, but the content that will be in the game comes first for me.

I wish him good luck either way though.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

CrashDJeff

Sep 19, 2018
Post from the doc on discord :
@Everyone
So, I had communication with a member of Patreon staff... Abel (nice guy). He informed me that they put my page "under review" because of the game's contents... you know, THAT "contents". So, in order for my page to go live again I would need to:
1- Change the contents of the game for it to be "legit"...or...
2- Remove it entirely from the site.

This is no surprise, it was bound to happen. So, in order for me to keep the game alive, I face with a little problem:

Re-working the game to make it safe and hosting it on patreon again, will take a lot of work. I mean, I don't mind doing it, (even if some hacker makes a patch in the future to make it unsafe. PepoThink )

Eitherway, this option means that I CAN'T add new content until I reworked the entire game.

If I decide to make the game as it is and don't host it on patreon (making it like a "hobby"), making it ABSOLUTLY free, I will certainly lose most of my income, because, let's face it, most people would stop pledging... and I will not be able to pay for my hookers anymore.
And of course, making it a "hobby" will mean that I won't be working on it as much as a Patreon project.

So, the only viable option I have is the next
I decided to (for the moment) remove the game from patreon. This way I can get my page live again, while I work on the re-work. But at the same time I'll need to work on the next project, which will be "safer" (but you know, hackers may hack PepoThink ) This, however, was something I was planning, to also help me with my current "burn out".
I was talking with a few other developers, asking for advice to help me get over this burnout, and the predominant argument was that working for too long on only one thing, tends to "deplete motivation", which actually makes sense. So, before all of this happen, I was thinking of starting the new project and working on the two things simultaneously... and now, well, I'm kinda forced to do it.

So, TL;DR, Once the page goes live again, I will remove The Manor from patreon, while I work on a safe version for it. In the meanwhile, I will start the new project, which, thankfully is something I wanted to do, as a way to keep the page alive and maybe get some new patreons. Because some of you will certainly abandon me (But I'll understand).
So yeah, this will be actually hard for my wallet, but I don't want to simply stop working on The Manor... This is my baby, and I will see it through to the end.
Awesomeeeeee ... Lets wait

Juuhachigou

Feb 26, 2018
I haven't been able to find an answer for this but is it possible to trigger state events again (retrigger) after doing it the first time? Cuz I can't seem to find a way. I don't think the guide mentions it either.

Golem98

Feb 23, 2018
For any of you interested post contains a picture that I found on Doc's Patreon many months ago that contains an image of a sketch for a future project he mentioned in the past it may be the same project that he will be working on now.

Find it under "Non-Sexual Content".

bleach4613

Mar 22, 2018
hoping he'll at least release another manor update before he switches to the other project. He always releases teaser pics of the new scenes on discord and the ones for .12 were posted back in mid February

Lucas Cage

Jul 23, 2018
I just completed this game, and it's been a very interesting RPGM! One of the best there is, IMO. The art is simply outstanding. JUST as I like it, absolutely! I was also curious on the next update, but I chose to to accept the fact that there is a lot going on for Bones right now, and since he is working on a new project, he will post news about this one asap, I am positive! I normally do not patreon these kinda games, but I HAD to make an exception on this one. THAT is how much I appreciate this game, and I cannot wait to see what Bones will come up with after this!

TL;DR, don't worry, there will be news about next update whenever it is ready. I am like you; impatient, but this is such an awesome one that it's well worth the wait!

Besides patreon, are there any other ways to support this project, or no? Pardon if this have been asked 12781627 times before...
I just want to check if the game is still on process .. cause if so... i would gladly help to pay..

BFGLives

Donor
Nov 28, 2017
I just want to check if the game is still on process .. cause if so... i would gladly help to pay..
It's still being worked on, but Doc's page is under review and before that, payments were paused anyway. Check back a few pages and you'll see a string of info from the creator talking about the situation.

The TL;DR version is that a new update won't be out for a while because he has to rework the game to comply with Patreon guidelines, but it's still on.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I haven't been able to find an answer for this but is it possible to trigger state events again (retrigger) after doing it the first time? Cuz I can't seem to find a way. I don't think the guide mentions it either.
Nope, once you trigger a state event you can't reactivate it/change it.

I'm glad the game gives you a prompt to save the progress (in case you don't want to trigger it just yet or to be able to try other options if you fuck it up).

PS. If you don't mind me asking, who's the artist that made the image of your pfp? :p

Reactions: Zeca Suez

Scorian

Sep 8, 2016
I'm curious how far along this game is to being completed? If you're planning on working on another project?

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
One has to wonder at the timing, what with individuals giving Doc BS about certain aspects of the game to the point that the harassment was Moded out, if someone didn't send an anonymous report to Patreon..... just thinking out loud as it were.

Cheers

Reactions: Zeca Suez

rfsniper

Nov 25, 2017
When you go 72 hours without asking "When will the update be out" a link will be emailed to you automatically. I've been playing for weeks. Nah, I won't post it either.
Sorry to be a bother, but is there a v.12? I'm hoping Dr. Bones can get his page back on Patreon because it's hard when your source of income gets cut like that.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok
4.10 star(s) 166 Votes