4.10 star(s) 167 Votes

Huli

Working on Housemates
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Does he draw the art as well as code? I mean with the months it has been, not sure if it is his full-time gig, but just comparing it to some other games it seems like people who are working on a game full time can really pump out something decent at least monthly. But again I have absolutely no idea how any of these things work so
I'm pretty sure he draws, codes, and does this full-time as well. From the past couple of years I've been following this game, one thing for sure is that he's slow. Why? I have no clue. No one does. It's just a thing we all accepted.

RealAngel

Apr 12, 2018
Does he draw the art as well as code? I mean with the months it has been, not sure if it is his full-time gig, but just comparing it to some other games it seems like people who are working on a game full time can really pump out something decent at least monthly. But again I have absolutely no idea how any of these things work so
If you check out his Picarto channel you can check out his creative process. He does do the artwork himself. Imagine giving yourself three storylines to do, then the storylines amplify with each iteration of the game. Then you add a fourth, and fifth. Doing the artwork, coding, music and storyline all on your own will take a staggering amount of time.
But I'm biased, as I joined this site because of Bones and this game, so I'll wait patiently.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
I'm pretty sure he draws, codes, and does this full-time as well. From the past couple of years I've been following this game, one thing for sure is that he's slow. Why? I have no clue. No one does. It's just a thing we all accepted.
how many updates have you done this year just to give me a point of reference

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
Before I said this jokingly but now I have reached upper enlightenment. Guys, I need to share this- I believe truly that in this place the very human concepts of Time, lock-fit or even body physics are irrelevant. Let us join forces so that some of our concepts may leak into the Doyle dimension(let's not hold hands tho, mine are dirty and there's still Covid out there).
Only then it will make sense. I feel like the update has already happened but not in out timeline yet. Let us join as one to make this true for us as well. Let us radiate together Big Dick Energy(or small who am I to judge) as a single unit
1597697310762.png

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I'm not really knowledgeable of coding (hell, I fucking struggled with programming in C to make simple shapes with asterisks) but a friend of mine has coding gigs from time to time ranging from simple databases to full-on app development work for a business chain similar to Walmart (but he hasn't developed games so take that in mind).

Several of his coder friends usually take around 1 week more compared to him on developing similar projects and they're extremely competent coders as well. Seeing most of their workflows, it really varies from person to person and obviously the dev time increases the more stuff you do.

In the case of the Doc, he's pretty much doing everything (besides some of the sprites, as they're included in the RPGMaker RTP) and depending on how much or how little he knows about any of those and the workflow of each of them, it can substantially increase the time to do them. Can't talk about how he does each, as I don't really know if he streams any of his work and I haven't exactly been curious enough to look for it, so I can't tell if his workflow is somewhat efficient and/if other factors delay his advances.

Last edited:

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Honestly, to me as long as the dev is actually working on new content for the game, I don't care how long it takes.

The issue is when they take an eternity to release an update and when it finally comes out, you see a bunch of reworks and almost zero new content. That's why I said previously that I hope he didn't just remake a bunch of scenes and added more new content.

I mean, we've seen that behavior before, where the dev decides to remake everything from scratch after years of development. I'm not saying this is the case here. But if this next update is mostly about reworks of older scenes, it's going to be extremely disappointing to me, because of how long I've been waiting for new stuff.

Golem98

Feb 23, 2018
Honestly, to me as long as the dev is actually working on new content for the game, I don't care how long it takes.

The issue is when they take an eternity to release an update and when it finally comes out, you see a bunch of reworks and almost zero new content. That's why I said previously that I hope he didn't just remake a bunch of scenes and added more new content.

I mean, we've seen that behavior before, where the dev decides to remake everything from scratch after years of development. I'm not saying this is the case here. But if this next update is mostly about reworks of older scenes, it's going to be extremely disappointing to me, because of how long I've been waiting for new stuff.
I looked into it in a previous post and I came to the conclusion that the next update will have 5 reworks and 8 new scenes. This is of course what I believe to be the case so I can't tell you if that's what we're actually going to get.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
I looked into it in a previous post and I came to the conclusion that the next update will have 5 reworks and 8 new scenes. This is of course what I believe to be the case so I can't tell you if that's what we're actually going to get.
Well, if that's the case, then it's going to be a good update, I hope. I think this next release is going to be crucial for him, judging by how many people are being vocal about the delays and lack of communication. So I honestly hope it's good. This is one of the few RPG style games that are actually worth playing. The last thing I'd like to see is this being abandoned.

Reactions: Darkmanx

Golem98

Feb 23, 2018
Well, if that's the case, then it's going to be a good update, I hope. I think this next release is going to be crucial for him, judging by how many people are being vocal about the delays and lack of communication. So I honestly hope it's good.
Nah, people have been complaining and coming back for more every update for awhile now, they'll brown nose him a bit once they play this one and then complain when he makes them wait for the next update too.

Reactions: Darkmanx

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
Nah, people have been complaining and coming back for more every update for awhile now, they'll brown nose him a bit once they play this one and then complain when he makes them wait for the next update too.
He can take all his fucking sweet time to make the next updates. The more time spent on polishing, the better.
I'll only shut my mouth if he just try to keep in touch with people besides chit chat on discord.
Christ sake, there isn't a single report even on subscribestar since april.
I seriously wonder why you defend him so much.

Hmm Bros.... idk but if u like his content and u are a fan of his work, u can just wait for him to finish and relax? i see some people talking shit and writing a bible

Enjoy life dudes.

View attachment 776382
Tbh, besides work I just don't have a life anymore. Covid still out there and shit.

Reactions: koshchei7

JosephDUM

Jan 4, 2019
well shiet dude, i still have some work but i'm really enjoying the covid arc, i'm training my skill on games
He can take all his fucking sweet time to make the next updates. The more time spent on polishing, the better.
I'll only shut my mouth if he just try to keep in touch with people besides chit chat on discord.

Tbh, besides work I just don't have a life anymore. Covid still out there and shit.
1597706302630.png

Golem98

Feb 23, 2018

I'm not defending him, I've been very critical of him in my previous posts (the big ones) and everything you've said are things I've criticized him for. I completely agree with you (on all your points) and my post that you replied to was just me pulling people's legs. This response is in no way an attack towards you for failing to fully read the past few pages even more so my previous posts as they are quite long. (Also I'm not trying to be passive aggressive)

4.10 star(s) 167 Votes