4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
As someone who worked over 10yrs. for a game company, I can tell you that most game devs give a f what some individuals think. The mass dictates the market and as long most people support & agree with them, nothing will change (significantly). As long as Bones has still enough / most of his supporters, he has nothing to worry about or at least less to worry about.

If you really want to change something then go buy Dishonored (2), Prey or Deathloop.

Cheers
View attachment 1596031
Or... you know... something that isn't the thousandth FPS released in the last 12 months.

Dec 21, 2021
Or... you know... something that isn't the thousandth FPS released in the last 12 months.
Which one exactly? Dishonored? Prey? Deathloop?
Prey is probably the most creative PC game since Half-Life², while Dishonored is more related to games like Dark Project (also known as Thief)
Deathloop reminds me of Dishonored. It looks like and kinda perform like Dishonored (that's my issue here) Apart from that you can't compare Deathloop with all those FPS games you typically know, like CoD.

But if you want something completely different, then you can go with games like Children of Morta or GRIS.

Sorgath

Jan 15, 2019
As someone who worked over 10yrs. for a game company, I can tell you that most game devs give a f what some individuals think. The mass dictates the market and as long most people support & agree with them, nothing will change (significantly). As long as Bones has still enough / most of his supporters, he has nothing to worry about or at least less to worry about.

If you really want to change something then go buy Dishonored (2), Prey or Deathloop.

Cheers
View attachment 1596031
Actually nope, we ppl as in waiting to this "product" dont care for platant BS delays and "promices" of "content" which quite lately on quite few "updates" been just been mostly bugfixes dont want some BS wait time excuses. If you actually have worked on proper quality company you wouldnt even dare to defend this kind of bs , that is just sad. And blatantly adverticing games like those here , come on,fcking weak , tells you propably never even worked on those , proper guys who work on big titles dont gloat and high five dick themselfs on private forums , pathetic.

• Angry
Reactions: WasteAway
Dec 21, 2021
Actually nope, we ppl as in waiting to this "product" dont care for platant BS delays and "promices" of "content" which quite lately on quite few "updates" been just been mostly bugfixes dont want some BS wait time excuses. If you actually have worked on proper quality company you wouldnt even dare to defend this kind of bs , that is just sad. And blatantly adverticing games like those here , come on,fcking weak , tells you propably never even worked on those , proper guys dont gloat and high five dick themselfs on private forums.
First of all, calm your wiener. I didn't defend his behaviour, only told how it works (in a lot cases at least) If you aren't agree with my statement, that's fine, but you can express your feelings in more proper way.

Well, I'm not forcing you to buy those games. It started more as a 'banality' tbh.

pathetic.
hug.gif

Reactions: Sukme and WasteAway

loco264899

Aug 28, 2020
Which one exactly? Dishonored? Prey? Deathloop?
Prey is probably the most creative PC game since Half-Life², while Dishonored is more related to games like Dark Project (also known as Thief)
Deathloop reminds me of Dishonored. It looks like and kinda perform like Dishonored (that's my issue here) Apart from that you can't compare Deathloop with all those FPS games you typically know, like CoD.

But if you want something completely different, then you can go with games like Children of Morta or GRIS.
What a weird way to advertise.

Sorgath

Jan 15, 2019
First of all, calm your wiener. I didn't defend his behaviour, only told how it works (in a lot cases at least) If you aren't agree with my statement, that's fine, but you can express your feelings in more proper way.

Well, I'm not forcing you to buy those games. It started more as a 'banality' tbh.

View attachment 1597253
I have no need to "calm" my weiner , just statements you do makes me wonder about what you said. And sure did sound like you defended his style of doing work , which is obviously wrong. If you got 10 years of experience in the field you should know how the playing field works allready not fabricate it.

Reactions: babykeem
Dec 21, 2021
I have no need to "calm" my weiner , just statements you do makes me wonder about what you said. And sure did sound like you defended his style of doing work , which is obviously wrong. If you got 10 years of experience in the field you should know how the playing field works allready not fabricate it.
What a weird way to advertise.
Maybe.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Well, you don't need to work for any game company to figure out that as long as you keep paying any DEV monthly while nothing's being delivered for months and/or years (especially those that tend to go radio silent too), that this is generally a licence to sleep on your laurels.

Just take Erahunter as the perfect example. Haven't delivered anything in what, close to 2 yrs now, and they're still getting monthly checks.
Some come out of it and deliver eventually, many don't I suppose.

Also, only the paying customers' opinion matters to a DEV. Even if some pirates write up 1000 pages on this forum, it's not like many DEVs will care most of the time ya know.
So taking Erahunter as an example again ... since they're still getting a wad of cash every month despite having delivered nothing in like 2 yrs ... why even bother delivering anything at that point? Whether you deliver or not, people seem to keep paying up anyway. :LOL:

As for this game, I've noticed it's slow ... very slow. But from what I'm reading the past few pages it's likely there'll at least be a release every now 'n then and that his customers are fine with the release schedule VS their investment.

Aoni79

Jun 7, 2020
Actually nope, we ppl as in waiting to this "product" dont care for platant BS delays and "promices" of "content" which quite lately on quite few "updates" been just been mostly bugfixes dont want some BS wait time excuses. If you actually have worked on proper quality company you wouldnt even dare to defend this kind of bs , that is just sad. And blatantly adverticing games like those here , come on,fcking weak , tells you propably never even worked on those , proper guys who work on big titles dont gloat and high five dick themselfs on private forums , pathetic.
definetly you didn't saw the BF2042 developers lol

Sorgath

Jan 15, 2019
What do you want to hear, mate? I already answered, but obviously / sadly you aren't able to understand my point. Do I really need to make it more obvious ?
Please , indulge me , since i obviously didnt get your fague? idea of an "hint" If you have actually something to say , say it , or just be silent if dont have any proper argument to make. And besides platantly adverticing triple AAA games here doesnt give any points , no one cares about that here.

Last edited:

Sorgath

Jan 15, 2019
Well, you don't need to work for any game company to figure out that as long as you keep paying any DEV monthly while nothing's being delivered for months and/or years (especially those that tend to go radio silent too), that this is generally a licence to sleep on your laurels.

Just take Erahunter as the perfect example. Haven't delivered anything in what, close to 2 yrs now, and they're still getting monthly checks.
Some come out of it and deliver eventually, many don't I suppose.

Also, only the paying customers' opinion matters to a DEV. Even if some pirates write up 1000 pages on this forum, it's not like many DEVs will care most of the time ya know.
So taking Erahunter as an example again ... since they're still getting a wad of cash every month despite having delivered nothing in like 2 yrs ... why even bother delivering anything at that point? Whether you deliver or not, people seem to keep paying up anyway. :LOL:

As for this game, I've noticed it's slow ... very slow. But from what I'm reading the past few pages it's likely there'll at least be a release every now 'n then and that his customers are fine with the release schedule VS their investment.
Well that sounds horrific that the dev does that and ppl still support that kind of activity. Sadly its the patreons who enable devs to be good or bad per se , and sometimes it goes that devs take advantage of that and lul on it.

loco264899

Aug 28, 2020
So this thread continues to become a bigger shitshow every day. Can't fucking believe I got an infraction until next month because I dared tell the dev the obvious truth to his face.

I've only interacted with two devs here. One has been an absolute joy. This one was just dismissive of anyone being critical of them. If he shows up again I will just avoid this place until he leaves.

I don't have anything against the mods but it seems they are overprotective of (some?) devs and so I say this as a friendly warning; don't antagonize Bones by being critical of his bad work ethic. Risking infractions or a ban is not worth him or his games. Go and show your support to the good devs that do listen. That's what I'll be doing from now on.
The reporting system is broken as I recently went to a thread to report a comment from a random developer and about an hour and a half later his comment had been deleted.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Not sure if it's the same. In my case it wasn't an automated response. A mod reached out to me and pointed out what the issue was and the particular post that landed me in hot water. Not sure why my other posts of that night had to be removed too. People were liking them up like crazy so maybe I was a victim of my own success and made myself an obvious target?

Anyway, I'm not a crybaby so I'm not trying to make a big issue out of it. Pretty sure it wasn't even Bones that reported me but one of his adoring fans.

Just wanted to put that out there so nobody else gets in trouble with the mods over this thread as I see people getting more and more agitated with their opinions on Bones. If he shows up again I can see this place going nuclear.
Here, have a tune to rock with when that happens haha

Reactions: Corgon
Dec 21, 2021
Please , indulge me , since i obviously didnt get your fague? idea of an "hint" If you have actually something to say , say it , or just be silent if dont have any proper argument to make. And besides platantly adverticing triple AAA games here doesnt give any points , no one cares about that here.
Big boy.

Quick overview:

1. Like I said, the mass dictates the market. That's correct, you don't need to work for a game company to understand the gaming industry. But it's like a bonus, because I had the opportunity to talk to developers personally. So as long most people support him (Bones), encourage his behaviour (by supporting him), your whiny attitute won't change anything. The major problem here is not Bones himself but his supporters.

So I didn't defend his behaviour. I didn't tell you that you should just tolerate his actions and be quiet.

2. I can only agree that it was more of a mistake to advertise video games (I personally like) That's all I have to say.

If you have questions, then ask specifically & nicely.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 166 Votes