4.10 star(s) 166 Votes
Dec 21, 2021
definetly you didn't saw the BF2042 developers lol
A lot has changed since DICE is part of the EA fam. Same with BioWare. Major people left these companies years ago (like Greg Zeschuk & Ray Muzyka] I'm not familiar with their reasons but I guess it had something to do with EA.

And yea, BF2042 is such a mess that even Call of Duty: Vanguard looks like a masterpiece.

Reactions: TrialRagnarok

Ghostboy031

Jan 2, 2019
A lot has changed since DICE is part of the EA fam. Same with BioWare. Major people left these companies years ago (like Greg Zeschuk & Ray Muzyka] I'm not familiar with their reasons but I guess it had something to do with EA.

And yea, BF2042 is such a mess that even Call of Duty: Vanguard looks like a masterpiece.
I'm not a fan of either but at least CoD accepts when their game fucks up unlike BF who just pay for more great "reviews" haha

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
The major problem here is not Bones himself but his supporters.
saying the major problem is the supporters isn't so true and it's directing the frustration in the wrong place, i think he should be held accountable for the undeniably slow updates not the average people who think they're actually funding the project. at the end of the day it's mostly his fault for being a insincere piece of shit in the first place is what im saying.

insert tumblr gif

Shane4244

Jun 14, 2018
Just some perspective from the other side here.

I don't know or care how slow the updates have been. I just found the game, I've got about 10 hours in the game I'm almost done I think. It was fun, there is humor and the animation and art style suit my taste. There is even some character in the characters. It doesn't appear to be made by a twelve your old like 95% of the adult games I've tried here.

So 12 months from now I would have $36.00 dollars in and if there is no meaningful progress on this game or the other I'll cancel. I'm supporting what has been done so far. Someone is making something I like I chose to support it. Kind of the point of patreon.

Just about every damn post on every game that doesn't shit out updates every month has pages of these kinds of discussions. You guys act like everyone who actually supports a game doesn't know what there getting into. I'm sure there is a percentage of that might but I would imagine most do.

What the hell do AAA games have to do with anything? Anyway I don't how this reads it's not meant to be insulting just giving some insight as to why someone would support a Dev of this game or any other.

Dec 25, 2019

I don't know or care how slow the updates have been. I just found the game, I've got about 10 hours in the game I'm almost done I think. It was fun, there is humor and the animation and art style suit my taste. There is even some character in the characters. It doesn't appear to be made by a twelve your old like 95% of the adult games I've tried here.

So 12 months from now I would have $36.00 dollars in and if there is no meaningful progress on this game or the other I'll cancel. I'm supporting what has been done so far. Someone is making something I like I chose to support it. Kind of the point of patreon.

Just about every damn post on every game that doesn't shit out updates every month has pages of these kinds of discussions. You guys act like everyone who actually supports a game doesn't know what there getting into. I'm sure there is a percentage of that might but I would imagine most do.

What the hell do AAA games have to do with anything? Anyway I don't how this reads it's not meant to be insulting just giving some insight as to why someone would support a Dev of this game or any other.

Yes Yes
we all always support the doc

until you realize that instead of getting better over time and making things faster (as it should be after 5 years) it has only gotten slower

It doesn't make sense that with time it gets harder

and it's been 2 years and you've only had 2 scenes of a character you don't even like

We'll see how long you last

I appreciate the doctor
but i think his fans made him too lazy

so until he shows some effort i wouldn't support him monetarily

Sure if you want to see new things in the game

because believe me, it can take YEARS

Dec 21, 2021
saying the major problem is the supporters isn't so true and it's directing the frustration in the wrong place, i think he should be held accountable for the undeniably slow updates not the average people who think they're actually funding the project. at the end of the day it's mostly his fault for being a insincere piece of shit in the first place is what im saying.

insert tumblr gif
He's still responsible for slow releases, delays, etc.

Consumers are the major problem (imo), because they tolerate und support such behaviour knowing from devs like EA,
Activision Blizz, Take-Two or devs like Bones or Cloudlet. And I'm not trying to encourage you or anyone else to blame his supporters for being 'dumb' or whatever. The worst way to win someone is by being mean and disdainful.

Just be friendly & respectful (and I'm not talking about you specifically now)

At least it's my point of view. I like to hear your opinion(s), so it's not like I don't care. Also it's not like I have 0 clue what I'm talking about (even if you don't agree). I started to play video games in the early 90's. I grew up with games like Super Mario Bros, Quake, DOOM, Half-Life, etc. I'm not a game developer, but I worked with game developers in Denmark & France (that's what I actually meant in my early statement)
I'm not familiar with Bone's workflow tbh. In the end I can only talk about the industry itself and that's what I did.

I checked Bones SubscribeStar page recently and it looks like he still has a lot supporters. None's forced to support him, but you probably ask(ed) yourself why ppl still do. Reasons. You can't change his behaviour (significantly) when you don't have the majority on your side (in most cases at least. There's still some angel out there, like moi) I read his previous posts and he didn't sound like being unhappy about the status quo.

And the reason why I'm so harsh on gamers is their ignorance. (Also) By tolerating and supporting things like microtransactions, early releases, false promises, overpriced games / DLCs you're just part of the problem. It probably sounds unfair to you, but it's not like I'm sitting here and just enjoying it. It's actually sad.
But the worst thing about the gaming community is still the toxicity.

Last edited:

kamikazedrew

Mar 18, 2020
In my opinion, the problem started with the Patreon monthly payment system. Where before people paid an agreed amount of money, then received the expected product then and there. Now it's up to debate whether you get the product you're paying for because people have different sets of values.

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
I checked Bones SubscribeStar page recently and it looks like he still has a lot supporters. None's forced to support him, but you probably ask(ed) yourself why ppl still do. Reasons. You can't change his behaviour (significantly) when you don't have the majority on your side (in most cases at least. There's still some angel out there, like moi) I read his previous posts and he didn't sound like being unhappy about the status quo.

And the reason why I'm so harsh on gamers is their ignorance. (Also) By tolerating and supporting things like microtransactions, early releases, false promises, overpriced games / DLCs you're just part of the problem. It probably sounds unfair to you, but it's not like I'm sitting here and just enjoying it. It's actually sad.
But the worst thing about the gaming community is still the toxicity.
Holding the manipulator at fault & criticizing him specifically is the best way to make people aware of who he is and stop patrons from supporting him. The few fans that come through this page to see our views & perhaps may not support him, weakening his reputation.

Most of the average joes supporting Bones aren't intellectual developers that can easily identify a scam. But more likely, in their eyes they see a very hard working Bones with amazing personality (& jokes..) and think that the money is actually funding the project when it's actually not.

Technically you're right, the people are actually adding fuel to the fire. But realistically speaking you're wrong, average people can't know if it's a scam & they don't have any malicious intent. They're manipulated. For example, it's not Chinas fault for following the ruthless Xi Jinping, technically yes but realistically no.

But yeah I pretty much somewhat agree with you, we have to spread the word about greedy companies n shit like that. But not hold the people at fault for being ordinary people

Last edited:

babykeem

Oct 5, 2020
Ngl i only saw this as a meme at first but shiiiit...

bones is doing a terrible job "in a silent way" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dec 21, 2021
Holding the manipulator at fault & criticizing him specifically is the best way to make people aware of who he is and stop patrons from supporting him. The few fans that come through this page to see our views & perhaps may not support him, weakening his reputation.

Most of the average joes supporting Bones aren't intellectual developers that can easily identify a scam. But more likely, in their eyes they see a very hard working Bones with amazing personality (& jokes..) and think that the money is actually funding the project when it's actually not.

Technically you're right, the people are actually adding fuel to the fire. But realistically speaking you're wrong, average people can't know if it's a scam & they don't have any malicious intent. They're manipulated. For example, it's not Chinas fault for following the ruthless Xi Jinping, technically yes but realistically no.

But yeah I pretty much somewhat agree with you, we have to spread the word about greedy companies n shit like that. But not hold the people at fault for being ordinary people
I don't critisize people for being 'ordinary'. Also you shouldn't underestimate the 'average' person. Personally I'm not that arrogant to talk about myself like I'm above-average, because I don't see me in that way.

The problem with China is way more complex, but I understand your point.

Reactions: babykeem

devilxxx

Donor
Feb 28, 2017

It is not about slow updates only. I don't know how long you have read this thread already, but there have been a lot of posts recently that got deleted by the mods.

In one of mine I said, it's not about the slow updates. Slow updates happen, that's not the problem. It's about the way they reason the slow updates: Personal problems. This is just the most lazy ass excuse ever.

If you have personal problems. Stop everything else and solve them. Pause the game development and also the payment and solve your problems as fast as possible and come back stronger and fresh.

But no. Better bring out a short update every 6 months and do a lot of rework of the old for 1 year, because you played the social joker card of "personal problems" and everyone who doesn't believe that **** is a rude social ****. That's what the people here get pissed of.

Bruka

May 10, 2021
The forum is the only thing lively about the game otherwise it wouldn't have damn near 20,000 posts with like 10 updates because whether we like it or not we enjoy the game just not the BS surrounding it so that's the reason for the cycle of discussions.

But after 4 years and thousands of dollars should it really take you 6 months to out of all things REWORK blowjobs??

Dec 21, 2019

You admit that you just found the game, so you don't know the history and don't have a clue what you're talking about, why chime in at all? What do you think you're accomplishing?

You say in 12 months if there's no meaningful progress you'll stop supporting, so yes, you do care how slow the updates are. This is not every other damn game, this is not your hypothetical situation, this is not criticism for not shitting out updates every month. In 24 months there has been no meaningful progress, that's the history, and it's all right there for you to see, that's the beauty of the internet. So you're choosing to ignore that fact yet going forward you say it would matter to you all of a sudden. Where's the logic? Your mind was so blown away by the game that you feel the need to retroactively give money for prior development time? Well there are plenty of words I could use to describe that but let's go with this, you're a very special bloke. And trust me, money for that work (and plenty extra) has already been provided.

Good job being a spokesperson for the "perspective of the other side" but here's the thing, even represented as well as possible, it's still nonsense. The game was good, but not good enough for the dev to spend 2 years doing next to no work while making vague dishonest excuses and still getting paid stacks for nothing. Yet that's exactly what happened, so either people don't "know what they're getting into," or they do and they're just extra special too. I suppose consumers throwing money around left and right with no discernment is a large part of what makes the world go 'round.

Shane4244

Jun 14, 2018
I guess my post was unclear. I'm paying for what was already done. The content that exist right now is what I'm paying for. If after a year or what ever (a whoping $36.00) he has made some serious progress on the other game I might pay for how many months I feel like that is worth or I'll stop.

Yea I'm aware as I'm sure others who actually pay for things are it's been four years bla..bla...bla, two years since the last meaningful update bla..bla..bla. I haven't been paying for 4 years or 2 and patreon is a revolving door I'm sure a good portion hasn't been there since day one either.

No one who is supporting Bones has chimed in I thought you were having a discussion figured I would say why I did give to patreon. Sorry didn't know it wasn't a discussion just bitching. I'll let you get back to it. Have fun:)

Shane4244

Jun 14, 2018
That's not true. If you check back you will find users that claim to have been supporting him and stopped because of these shenanigans. As Ser Lordypants said; you seem to have just arrived and immediately chosen to side with the dev because that's the "safe" thing to do. Well, this isn't Twitter or Patreon. This is a piracy site and by definition, isn't full of what I like to call 'the sycophants' that seem to congregate religiously on the aforementioned sites.
Yea I can see that now. I been here a while kind of a try before you buy thing but I don't post too much my mistake it won't happen again.

Airianov

Jun 22, 2018
I think 95% of comments here is about his lazyness and delays.
I met this game years ago, and judging by the updates, I really am satiyed about how I'm not one of his supporters.
I support Manka Games (Tame It is a very pleasant surprise).
Finally, sad about the supporters. It is a great game though, bur man... the delays... the delays...

Bruka

May 10, 2021
Yea I can see that now. I been here a while kind of a try before you buy thing but I don't post too much my mistake it won't happen again.
Honestly, you're fine. Besides the BS buggy "update" on his other game after 2 years of abandonment. And his 1 v 100 battle in this forum. And the long wait. You're just the punching bag of the week until we get the next update(delay). Personally, I'd rather pay money to keep threads like these alive because they provide so much more entertainment than the actual games.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes