4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

PainKnight

Sep 8, 2020
Dude if that's real... it kinda reaches my feels tho, i honestly (like for real) thought that most of bones supporters were just rich-dumb-kids with too much papa-mama money to spend. I don't know what is this guy thinking, in the end he could be just trying troll or something but if there is just one person thinking bones needs money to "support" his game and not to maintenance his lifestyle of 7 months naps and 1 month of GOTTA-RUSH-A-REWORK-UPDATES that would be real sad, the guy is making a fuck ton load of profit with this and is not shown in the effort put on this and that's to blame
in f95 ST Sage and Manor are protected by white knights, i was write on ST sage about 80k dolar each month and people have right to critize they lycnh me, same thing happens here too. there is tons of japanese devs making 2-3 full games within 1 year and weekly share progress without demending donation. I am fan of Dr Bones and current situation make me sad, thats why a lot of people like me critize him.

LOGhetto

Nov 8, 2017
I bring that point up a lot too, lots of Japanese devs who simply make full games within a year, or several without demanding donations. Yet we in the west are stuck with these lazy and half-assed dudes who are more concerned on how they can develop a way to milk money out of their supporters rather than how can they develop their game better.

[S]iberian

Jul 24, 2018
More than 2 years and only after the "Abandoned" tag was put in place we saw the update. I mean, most games with "Abandoned" are like that after 4-6 months, but 2 years?! Oh Hell naw! that's weird.
This is real? 2 years?? I haven't played since 0.16 and I knew the game didn't get updates often but damn... now I know why everyone is angry here.

Feb 27, 2020
This is real? 2 years?? I haven't played since 0.16 and I knew the game didn't get updates often but damn... now I know why everyone is angry here.
Theyre talking about the other game. Survivor Guilt. The proof of concept was released on Oct 2019 and only received an update some months ago.

If you wonder about The Manor, v0.16 came out on Aug 2020 and v0.17 came out on Jun 2021. So if we exclude bug-fixes releases, Thats 10 months between updates. I think thats the longest time w/o releases for TM.

Reactions: [S]iberian

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I bring that point up a lot too, lots of Japanese devs who simply make full games within a year, or several without demanding donations. Yet we in the west are stuck with these lazy and half-assed dudes who are more concerned on how they can develop a way to milk money out of their supporters rather than how can they develop their game better.
There's still a lot of decent western game developers that delivered updates monthly yet they didn't got enough supports, but yes whatever or whenever a developer finally archived his dream with lot of money and supporters they all followed the same path: Became lazier, fewer and fewer updates per year with least and least content in it, throwing tantrum if people said anything about it, lot of "fans" willing to attack those that voiced their opinion or suggested dev to work,.... It's a circle that got repeated over and over and despite all of that they still got sturdy income every month without even try, they got even more money after each drama instead of got least which is really strange and no wonder why they don't care
This shit really are weird and even until now I don't understand the behavior or why peoples still throw their precious money away like that?

PainKnight

Sep 8, 2020
major problem is west, global atraction create giant wall of white knight, Summertime Sage literaly untouchable because on forum,reddit and discord. Just a little bit critic cause big wave of lycnh. On the other easter developers open the feedback and even hard critize. On ci-en all easter developer share progress and asking for feedback and demands. Creator of Scars of Summer, on new games he was doing static CG, then people send feedback about animation increase feeling of game, then developer change whole game, also all of this happend in a month. After seeing developers like that, why i wouldnt critize high revenue developers like Cookie or Dr .

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
major problem is west, global atraction create giant wall of white knight, Summertime Sage literaly untouchable because on forum,reddit and discord. Just a little bit critic cause big wave of lycnh. On the other easter developers open the feedback and even hard critize. On ci-en all easter developer share progress and asking for feedback and demands. Creator of Scars of Summer, on new games he was doing static CG, then people send feedback about animation increase feeling of game, then developer change whole game, also all of this happend in a month. After seeing developers like that, why i wouldnt critize high revenue developers like Cookie or Dr .
i can say that Jap devs independed ones not companys ones, they produce games in average 6-8 months and give reports every week, Scars of Summer is a good example of someone who picked up the criticism and feedback and delivered something even better, you also have the dev of Summer Memories which released the game in 2020 and so far has release numbers of better quality fixes, already released a dlc and now for how things are going this year the dev is going to release a huge update which bring alot of new content with animations and other hidden content, so yea jap devs even those who just started can produce games faster, cause they learn and memorize the things so that their workflow goes well and they meet their deadlines, while i noticed some devs in the west dont really pay much attention.

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
As scummy as Bones may be, anyone paying him to get his dick sucked on discord is primarily at fault. No one in the west is stuck with lazy practices.

Also there are plenty of japanese scams. Don't fall for the "SUPERIOR JAPANESE DEVELOPMENT" BS.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
As scummy as Bones may be, anyone paying him to get his dick sucked on discord is primarily at fault. No one in the west is stuck with lazy practices.

Also there are plenty of japanese scams. Don't fall for the "SUPERIOR JAPANESE DEVELOPMENT" BS.
... but at least some of them apply an "insect patch" to their games... ^^

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019

This. Though overall the Japanese are more likely to actual release their product in contrast to those outside JP, they have their fair share of scammers too. A recent one I can think of is the dev "FAGS" (yeah, 100% serious that's the circle's name). They have been building up hype for additional content for their released games for like 2 years on Ci-En charging $5 month for sneak peeks and short extra content that came out highly irregularly. Just this month, they pulled the original game off of DLSITE with no update for the stuff they been working on and no reason why on Ci-En.
Their final messages on Ci-En were in april of last year, one talking about his father being hospitalized and the other talking about people with disabilities. Then nothing for nearly a year.

Outside JP though, we had the creators like Gremhilm who if they felt they didn't work as much as they liked or if they had IRL problems pop up, would pause their pateron so that their supporters were not charged. There are still people who do not see their fans of stupid wallets.

Reactions: Stalker2177

secretsonny

Jan 1, 2019
This would be convincing if there was not a mountain of evidence proving otherwise on this site alone.
The content uploaded onto this site is old/already finished material. There are plenty of games on this site from japanese creators with scarce updates. Don't fall into the weeb trap. Also the market and how things are produced and released over there is different.

You're comparing an actual industry and a disorganized mess of creators.

[S]iberian

Jul 24, 2018
Theyre talking about the other game. Survivor Guilt. The proof of concept was released on Oct 2019 and only received an update some months ago.

If you wonder about The Manor, v0.16 came out on Aug 2020 and v0.17 came out on Jun 2021. So if we exclude bug-fixes releases, Thats 10 months between updates. I think thats the longest time w/o releases for TM.
but still, it's been almost two years and only three major updates
games like Twisted world have done a lot more in less time

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
There's still a lot of decent western game developers that delivered updates monthly yet they didn't got enough supports, but yes whatever or whenever a developer finally archived his dream with lot of money and supporters they all followed the same path: Became lazier, fewer and fewer updates per year with least and least content in it, throwing tantrum if people said anything about it, lot of "fans" willing to attack those that voiced their opinion or suggested dev to work,.... It's a circle that got repeated over and over and despite all of that they still got sturdy income every month without even try, they got even more money after each drama instead of got least which is really strange and no wonder why they don't care
This shit really are weird and even until now I don't understand the behavior or why peoples still throw their precious money away like that?
I agree, and this is older as humanity itself. Like the church, they hold a leash of fear on the fanatics, "if you don't behave or do what I want, I'll get angry and I won't bless you and you won't be able to enter paradise or I won't throw you a bowl of bread". Sadly, it's human nature at its finest. I recomend to take a break for this forums and check back in a month, you can be sure that you won't miss a new update.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes